Author Topic: North Korea drops withdrawal of US forces as condition of denuclearization, SK Pres. Moon says  (Read 484 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CNN

URL: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/asia/north-korea-us-forces-korean-peninsula-intl/index.html

By Euan McKirdy, CNN

North Korea has dropped its long-held demand that the United States withdraw forces from South Korea in exchange for denuclearization, South Korean President Moon Jae-in said Thursday.

The United States has about 28,000 troops stationed in South Korea, a presence that has long irked North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

However, in the burgeoning spirit of openness and diplomacy, Moon said Kim is willing to give up US troops' removal as a precondition for discussions over denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula.
"North Korea has expressed willingness to give up its nuclear program without making (a) demand that the (US Forces Korea) forces withdraw from the Korean Peninsula," Moon said in a meeting with the press, adding that any proposed troop withdrawal would be a "condition that the US cannot accept."

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:33:31 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Per stated rules, we are suppose to excerpt no more than 3 paragraphs, I don't mean to be out-of-order in shortening your post, @SirLinksALot    , allegedly, there can be "legal" issues involved. I post every day, and I run into this.

I would gladly change it back per the main moderators' direction and advise.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:35:46 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This would be good news, a true "detente".

Offline kevindavis007

If true something tells me that fat boy is not in a stable position
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Just promise them a nice lunch and a a dose of anti-worm medicine.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Just promise them a nice lunch and a a dose of anti-worm medicine.

With Rocket man at the table  better take along some Gout medicine.  The boy doesn't miss many meals.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."