Author Topic: California has eight of 10 most polluted U.S. cities  (Read 1721 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
California has eight of 10 most polluted U.S. cities
« on: April 18, 2018, 06:57:31 pm »
Forget the Golden State. California should be called the Smoggy State.

Eight of the USA's 10 most-polluted cities, in terms of ozone pollution, are in California, according to the American Lung Association's annual "State of the Air" report, released Wednesday.

The Los Angeles/Long Beach area took the dubious distinction of being the nation's most ozone-polluted city as it has for nearly the entire 19-year history of the report.

Overall, the report said about 133 million Americans — more than four of 10 — live with unhealthful levels of air pollution, placing them at risk for premature death and other serious health effects such as lung cancer, asthma attacks, cardiovascular damage and developmental and reproductive harm.

"We still have a lot to do in this country to clean up air pollution," said Lyndsay Moseley Alexander, director of the Association's Healthy Air Campaign.
The report looked at pollution levels from 2014 to 2016. Ozone pollution was worse overall in this report than it was in last year's report. 

Bakersfield, Calif., was in second place for ozone pollution. Other California cities on the list include Fresno, Sacramento and San Diego. The only non-California metro areas in the top 10 list were Phoenix and New York City.

Of the 10 most-polluted cities, seven cities did worse in this year's report, including Los Angeles and the New York City metro area.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/04/18/california-has-eight-10-most-polluted-u-s-cities/524815002/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: California has eight of 10 most polluted U.S. cities
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 07:23:12 pm »
Isn't California very strict when it comes to environmental issues?  Apparently not in an effective way.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:23:45 pm by Sanguine »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 07:29:03 pm »
Isn't California very strict when it comes to environmental issues?  Apparently not in an effective way.

They are...they have some  of the strictest air quality laws in the country thanks to CARB.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 07:44:43 pm »
There was just some article yesterday on drudge where the San Francisco Travel Board is upset with the way it's city is getting trashed. That might be one factor.

Budget analysts for San Francisco raised concerns Tuesday over a lack of cleanliness across the city despite a soaring $65 million street cleaning budget.

“It’s unclear what’s going on with the performance measures,” said Dan Goncher, Senior Manager for the city’s Budget Legislative Analyst Office, who addressed members of the Board of Supervisors during Tuesday’s budget committee hearing. “There are some concerns over the methodology," he said, adding that service requests for street cleaning have continued to rise over the past few years.

Goncher questioned whether Public Works, which oversees street cleaning, should be allotted a permanent budget increase next year based on its track record. The department’s street cleaning budget has nearly doubled in just the past five years from $33.4 million during the 2012-2013 fiscal year, to $65.4 million in the current 2017-2018 budget.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/San-Franciscos-65-Million-Street-Cleaning-Budget-Raises-Concerns-at-City-Hall-479603853.html

Video at website mentions, cleaning up needles, trash and yes, feces from the street. It defies belief.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 07:47:22 pm »
There was just some article yesterday on drudge where the San Francisco Travel Board is upset with the way it's city is getting trashed. That might be one factor.

Video at website mentions, cleaning up needles, trash and yes, feces from the street. It defies belief.

Yes, it does defy belief.  And, maybe the problem is really the "homeless" and not so much the people being tasked with cleaning up after them.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 07:59:28 pm »

The report from the article is only in regards to Air Pollution.  It is from the American Lung Association.

http://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/sota/city-rankings/most-polluted-cities.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 08:09:35 pm »
They should ceed Cali over to Mexico.  They are known for cities of clean air and a non violence vibe.  The place would be transformed in 4...maybe 5 years. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 04:21:23 am »
They should ceed Cali over to Mexico.  They are known for cities of clean air and a non violence vibe.  The place would be transformed in 4...maybe 5 years.

I do believe California has already been sown by Mexico. Raped, pillaged and plundered.

And their electrical grid is for caca, too!

Glad I left, but I miss the ocean sometimes, not often. Probably have to wear work boots on the sand by now. It was such a beautiful state.
So very sad.

:crying:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 04:24:37 am »
I do believe California has already been sown by Mexico. Raped, pillaged and plundered.

And their electrical grid is for caca, too!

Glad I left, but I miss the ocean sometimes, not often. Probably have to wear work boots on the sand by now. It was such a beautiful state.
So very sad.

:crying:

So why did you leave? Out of state prison or witness protection?

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:42:21 am »
Los Angeles, even a hundred years ago, was plagued by smog.  There was a standing joke about the Indians smogging the area up with the smoke signals.  It is situated in a "bowl."  The ocean blows the breeze into LA, and it can't go east because of the mountains.

Smog will always be there.

Now, go south to Orange County, you will not find as much pollution because of the landscape.

I hate to be a breaker of a good story, but that story does not exactly tell the whole truth.

:thud:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 04:44:49 am »
So why did you leave? Out of state prison or witness protection?

@Cyber Liberty...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 04:46:08 am »
@Cyber Liberty...

So why did he leave? Out of state prison or witness protection?

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 04:52:59 am »
So why did he leave? Out of state prison or witness protection?

LOL!

It would be difficult to get "hitched up" in two different states.

You just made me laugh.

@Cyber Liberty never mentioned anything about the heat here, either.  I never had to use A/C nor heat.  It gets hotter than Rochester here!  Zowie!

Wheee!

:silly:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 04:58:38 am »

@Cyber Liberty never mentioned anything about the heat here, either.  I never had to use A/C nor heat.  It gets hotter than Rochester here!  Zowie!

Wheee!

Yeah, but it's a dry heat.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 04:59:29 am »
@Frank Cannon

@Cyber Liberty only technically lived in Cali for one day.

Misread.  Oops!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 05:10:57 am »
Yeah, but it's a dry heat.

I will give you dry heat. We do get those crazy monsoons.  I am talking this wet stuff that comes down around the end of June for about three weeks.  Enough to perk those pesky weeds out of the ground.

Dry heat is the Sahara where my avatar Tiger calls home.  This is the Sonoran desert. Totally different.

Have you ever been here?

When Cyber retires in about three or four years, we will be moving to a place in AZ called Sedona. It is Heaven. Perfect weather. Red rocks.  The rocks have cool names, too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 05:15:05 am »

When Cyber retires in about three or four years, we will be moving to a place in AZ called Sedona.

Geez. You people are old. I am still looking for my first job. I gotta get one quick because my mom is up my ass about it every time I wake up for her to make me lunch.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 05:17:35 am »
Geez. You people are old. I am still looking for my first job. I gotta get one quick because my mom is up my ass about it every time I wake up for her to make me lunch.

I thought you owned flea bag slums.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 05:19:32 am »
@Frank Cannon

And what is your momma doing making you lunch?  You should be making her lunch if you live with her.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:20:07 am by Slip18 »

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 05:25:34 am »
@Frank Cannon

Oh, and we are not old, either.  I bought a home in Cali when I was 16. I was a whiz kid at trading commodities.  So I am under -- would that be 30? -- I think.

Anyway, you can say anything you want about yourself online.  Hehehehe!  Have a lot of stories from my very long youth.

Wheee!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 05:26:17 am »
I thought you owned flea bag slums.  Correct me if I am wrong.

You're wrong. I'm a 29 year old Feminists Studies student. Own slums? I don't even own a car. I live at home with my parents, which is lucky for them because they can still claim me as a dependent. On the side I write heavy metal disco music for my band Katy Perry's Wart. We are really popular at open mic night at the local all you can eat Chinese buffet. I also borrow my dads car to do Uber when he gets a full tank of gas.