Author Topic: BREAKING: Rep. Charlie Dent announces he’ll resign in May.  (Read 629 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"To the people of #PA15 #thankyou. From the bottom of my heart, serving as your representative has been the honor & privilege of a lifetime."

Read more at:

https://twitter.com/RepCharlieDent/status/986250527674720258

------------

Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.) announced Tuesday he will resign from Congress in May.

Dent, a senior appropriator and former chairman of the House Ethics Committee, had already announced his retirement last fall, but initially said he planned to stick around through the end of his term.

The centrist lawmaker has been a vocal critic of the Trump administration and has long expressed frustration with the growing polarization of Congress.

Read more at: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/383508-gop-rep-dent-will-leave-congress-in-may?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:48:36 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: BREAKING: Rep. Charlie Dent announces he’ll resign in May.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:03:18 pm »
Good riddance.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:13:31 pm »
Adios!

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 09:34:34 pm »
@Frank Cannon  What is this guy's deal?  Will they have a special election?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 09:40:20 pm »
@Frank Cannon  What is this guy's deal?  Will they have a special election?

He's a POS Lib who has been pretending to be a GOP'er because his district is red who has been increasingly running out of cover for his bullshit. My contact in his staff told me years ago he has been grumbling he hates his job and wanted out. Using Trump as a foil was the perfect excuse.

We have a couple solid choices to replace him but true to form the local party apparatus is pushing a fat old white guy who is a perennial candidate.....Dean Browning. He sucks just as bad as Dent. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 09:56:46 pm »
The guy sounds like a d-bagger and loser of high order.  Wonder when the other show will drop on why he folded like a cheap walmart lawn chair?   Gay sex? Other lover from another mother. Pedibear love?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 10:13:55 pm »
He's a POS Lib who has been pretending to be a GOP'er because his district is red who has been increasingly running out of cover for his bullshit. My contact in his staff told me years ago he has been grumbling he hates his job and wanted out. Using Trump as a foil was the perfect excuse.

We have a couple solid choices to replace him but true to form the local party apparatus is pushing a fat old white guy who is a perennial candidate.....Dean Browning. He sucks just as bad as Dent.

@Frank Cannon  Any idea why he decided to leave next month?  He was scheduled to retire after the midterms.  Will they bother to hold a special election, or just wait until the midterms?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 10:15:12 pm »
The guy sounds like a d-bagger and loser of high order.  Wonder when the other show will drop on why he folded like a cheap walmart lawn chair?   Gay sex? Other lover from another mother. Pedibear love?

@Wingnut Maybe he's a furrysona ;).  I also wonder why he decided not to wait until January.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 10:49:21 pm »
@Frank Cannon  Any idea why he decided to leave next month?  He was scheduled to retire after the midterms.  Will they bother to hold a special election, or just wait until the midterms?

He wants out fast. My guess is that his name is mud in the caucus and they don't want him around anymore. Before he was a "Vocal Trump Critic" he was pushing that "No Labels" Commie Left bullshit. I'm also positive that there is some Lefty K Street gig waiting with his name on it. I have seen him lie right to one persons face 3 minutes after he lied the opposite direction at numerous events. He is garbage.

As for what Wolf will do? He better just leave it alone. We have a Primary in the next couple weeks and if the slot is vacant a couple months who gives a shit, but the Rats love Special Election pick ups so I am positive the DC Rats are telling Wolf to do a whole Special Election that will be good for 6 months and waste a shitpile of money.

BTW I hope Wolf dies of a special kind of sickness that makes you die a horrible death 10 times in a row before you go to Rochester. He is a piece of human debris of the first order and a sick eff.