Author Topic: 'All sticks, no carrots': John Bolton arrives at the White House with a crisis brewing in Syria and  (Read 381 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'All sticks, no carrots': John Bolton arrives at the White House with a crisis brewing in Syria and no hint of what Trump will do
Business Insider Christopher Woody

The US is contemplating retaliatory strikes in Syria after chemical-weapons attacks there this weekend.
    That decision-making process is taking place with John Bolton in his new role of national security adviser.
    Bolton is generally seen as hawkish, but how he relates to Trump and his staff remains to be seen.

John Bolton takes over as White House national security adviser on Monday, hours after chemical-weapons strikes on civilians in Syria again horrified the world.

The attacks brought reprobation upon Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, as well as on Iran and Russia, his two biggest backers. "It was atrocious. It was horrible," Trump said Monday, adding that there's "not much of a doubt" about who was responsible.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/all-sticks-no-carrots-john-bolton-arrives-at-the-white-house-with-a-crisis-brewing-in-syria-and-no-hint-of-what-trump-will-do/ar-AAvGg9P

We should try to avoid being "all sticks and no carrots" just like being "all hat and no cattle"!  :seeya:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
If you are going to be a bear. Be a Grizzly!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."