Author Topic: Mueller Investigating Ukrainian’s $150,000 Payment for a Trump Appearance  (Read 655 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Mueller Investigating Ukrainian’s $150,000 Payment for a Trump Appearance
NY Times, Apr 9, 2018, MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MAGGIE HABERMAN

WASHINGTON — The special counsel is investigating a payment made to President Trump’s foundation by a Ukrainian steel magnate for a talk during the campaign, according to three people briefed on the matter, as part of a broader examination of streams of foreign money to Mr. Trump and his associates in the years leading up to the election.

Investigators subpoenaed the Trump Organization this year for an array of records about business with foreign nationals. In response, the company handed over documents about a $150,000 donation that the Ukrainian billionaire, Victor Pinchuk, made in September 2015 to the Donald J. Trump Foundation in exchange for a 20-minute appearance by Mr. Trump that month through a video link to a conference in Kiev.

Michael D. Cohen, the president’s personal lawyer whose office and hotel room were raided on Monday in an apparently unrelated case, solicited the donation. The contribution from Mr. Pinchuk, who has sought closer ties for Ukraine to the West, was the largest the foundation received in 2015 from anyone besides Mr. Trump himself.

The subpoena is among signs in recent months that the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, is interested in interactions that Mr. Trump or his associates had with countries beyond Russia, though it is not clear what other payments he is scrutinizing.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/us/politics/trump-mueller-ukraine-victor-pinchuk.html?emc=edit_na_20180409&nl=breaking-news&nlid=47338484ing-news&ref=cta

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:28:19 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What about Billy boy's $500,000 dollar payment while Hillary was SoS working on the uranium deal with Russia? Are we going to investigate that? Not a chance in hell that will ever happen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Is it possible Mueller's goading the President to fire him?

Online Right_in_Virginia

What about Billy boy's $500,000 dollar payment while Hillary was SoS working on the uranium deal with Russia? Are we going to investigate that? Not a chance in hell that will ever happen.

This is all beyond infuriating.  I'm starting to love this little guy:   9999hair out0000

Offline Concerned

Is it possible Mueller's goading the President to fire him?

Or goading the President into obstructing justice in some way.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline GrouchoTex

In a rare moment of journalism, it was a New York Times story about Uranium One, that first brought it to light, yet no one cares.

Still can't understand why the DOJ won't look into that.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Still can't understand why the DOJ won't look into that.

Because we are talking about Jeff Sessions. I don't know what Sessions' deal is.
Does he actively support Hillary?
Does Hillary have something on him to blackmail him?
Is he simply a coward and a bungling fool who cannot do his job?
There is no difference between Session and Holder/Lynch. Why? I don't know. And why Trump kept him on after he testified that he is unable to do the job is another mystery.

What if I applied to be a firefighter and after I was hired I declared that I am allergic to smoke. Therefore I have to recuse myself from all issues involving smoke? How does it make any sense in this whole world that I would keep my job?

After Holder/Lynch I cannot say that Sessions is the worst AG ever, but I can certainly say that he is one of the worst AG we have ever had.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:57:14 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
And why Trump kept him on after he testified that he is unable to do the job is another mystery.

There's the problem.  If his recusal was such a big issue, he could have pulled his nomination right there, before the confirmation vote.  It would have saved the headaches caused by the special election in AL at the very least.  I think they didn't for two reasons.

1)  Removing Sessions after promising recusal would make Trump appear as if he had a political vendetta against Clinton.

2)  Replacing your AG nominee so quickly would make them appear like disorganized political neophytes.

Would another AG have appointed a special counsel?  Who knows.  However, the position Sessions took was known prior to confirmation.  They own it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:40:07 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

Ryan Saavedra 🇺🇸 Verified account @RealSaavedra
10h10 hours ago

#BREAKING: Special Counsel Robert Mueller is investigating President Trump over a $150K donation from a Ukrainian who gave the Clintons $13 Million.

See also: Ukraine Tried to Tip the Election in Clinton’s Favor
Evidence reveals that Ukraine intervened to tilt the election in favor of its national interests
By Michael Sainato • 01/12/17 12:33pm
...   In addition to the Chalupas, the co-founder and CTO of Crowdstrike, the cyber security firm that the DNC hired to investigate the alleged hacks, Dmitri Alperovitch, also serves as a senior fellow to the Washington-based think tank Atlantic Council, which is an openly anti-Russian organization partly . The Atlantic Council is funded by Ukrainian oligarch Victor Pinchuk, who also happens to be one of the most prolific donors to the Clinton Foundation. The DNC denied multiple requests from the FBI to access their servers, effectively forcing the FBI to rely on CrowdStrike’s assessment of the hacks.   ...
Read more about the Clinton connection to Ukraine at the Observer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org