Author Topic: Trump: Decision on Syria will be made in '24 to 48 hours'  (Read 5156 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump: Decision on Syria will be made in '24 to 48 hours'
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 01:45:18 am »

Trump says attack will be met forcefully...

! No longer available
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:45:58 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 02:21:40 am »
   This is Madness can't we send James Taylor over there with his Guitar, instead?

! No longer available
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 02:23:22 am »

! No longer available

Thanks for the video; it struck me as odd that he kept his arms folded throughout the entire video.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:08 am »
Thanks for the video; it struck me as odd that he kept his arms folded throughout the entire video.

You have to remember, he was also addressing the Cohen situation in the same timeframe.   Body language experts will tell you crossed arms mean the following:

• Deception
• Self protection/preservation
• Defensiveness
• Distrust
• Disbelief
• Bitterness
• Closed-off
• Introspection
• Disappointment
• Fear of being exposed

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:49 am »
Meanwhile ... Russia responds...

Russia says it warned U.S. of 'grave repercussions' if Syria attacked

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-says-it-warned-us-of-grave-repercussions-if-syria-attacked/ar-AAvGWqq?li=BBnbcA1

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 02:59:46 am »
I'm really praying for the president, I looked at that poor soldier from Austin who was killed by ISIS last week by that IED, then I hear someone say "Yay, we defeated ISIS", there are not words to describe how I felt when I heard that.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 03:04:56 am »
Yemen, you have had a famine there killing children as pointed out on the Tucker Carlson show tonight, so, why are we so electrified by this? I have no doubts, Assad, Putin are pretty low but still.

We could do something like that "no-fly zone", maybe that would be a rather non-confrontational tactic since a lot of the major conflicts there are over. I don't put it past Assad, to have worked some when it was to his benefit, with ISIS, though not in a direct way, plenty has been written about this.

Did Assad Really Help Build ISIS? An Examination of the Evidence
https://historyxisis.com/2017/01/18/did-assad-really-help-build-isis-an-examination-of-the-evidence/

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 09:16:47 am »
I thought trumps view was to keep the hell out of the middle east  :shrug:

When will we in the west STFU and keep out of that hell hole and leave them to deal with it themselves

Offline edpc

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 11:54:50 am »
I guess the decision has been made.  So much for not telegraphing.

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!

5:57 AM · Apr 11, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

At least 5 tweets this morning.  Very productive ‘executive time.’    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Concerned

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 12:13:27 pm »
I guess the decision has been made.  So much for not telegraphing.

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!

5:57 AM · Apr 11, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

At least 5 tweets this morning.  Very productive ‘executive time.’    *****rollingeyes*****

“I don’t want to telegraph what I’m doing or what I’m thinking,” but I'll be more than willing to tweet it.  /s
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 12:37:12 pm »
So, I guess, Russia saying they will shoot down missiles can't even be responded to. <sarcasm off>

Offline TomSea

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 12:40:15 pm »
Russia threatens to retaliate against any U.S. missile strikes in Syria
Meduza
06:05, 11 april 2018

Russia’s ambassador to Lebanon has unveiled what appears to be a major policy shift: Moscow will shoot down any U.S. missiles fired at Syria (not just the missiles fired at Russian soldiers) and it will target the launch sites. Ambassador Alexander Zasypkin’s comments were broadcast on Tuesday evening, according to Reuters.

The escalated threat may have been unintentionally improvised, says The Guardian’s Moscow bureau chief, Andrew Roth.

Read more at: https://meduza.io/en/news/2018/04/11/russia-threatens-to-retaliate-against-any-u-s-missile-strikes-in-syria

Offline edpc

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 01:16:36 pm »
So, I guess, Russia saying they will shoot down missiles can't even be responded to. <sarcasm off>

So, I guess we can’t discuss the response and the manner in which it was delivered.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2018, 01:35:32 pm »
I want to them go off like a Roman candle fresh bought! 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 01:50:39 pm »
Meanwhile ... Russia responds...

Russia says it warned U.S. of 'grave repercussions' if Syria attacked

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-says-it-warned-us-of-grave-repercussions-if-syria-attacked/ar-AAvGWqq?li=BBnbcA1

The Russians would be to drunk to respond.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2018, 01:54:13 pm »
The missiles fly so low that the Russians will need to use planes to shoot them down.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2018, 02:10:50 pm »

Do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war?   He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians.  They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought.

Offline edpc

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 02:18:29 pm »
The missiles fly so low that the Russians will need to use planes to shoot them down.

That was true when the Tomahawk was first put into service and still remains the case for places with unsophisticated air defense systems. However, the S-400 is a 21st-century missile defence system with upgraded capabilities.  Between the last launches and the Israeli airstrikes, they’ve had plenty of chances to evaluate how their system tracks targets.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2018, 02:22:20 pm »

That was true when the Tomahawk was first put into service and still remains the case for places with unsophisticated air defense systems. However, the S-400 is a 21st-century missile defence system with upgraded capabilities.  Between the last launches and the Israeli airstrikes, they’ve had plenty of chances to evaluate how their system tracks targets.

You are giving the Rooskies far to much credit.  They will probably go off like a popcorn fart.

Offline edpc

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2018, 02:27:18 pm »
Do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war?   He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians.  They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought.

In any potential conflicts, I was always comforted by the fact Trump had three generals around him in McMaster, Kelly, and Mattis. McMaster have been replaced by Doc Cochran from Deadwood and Trump reportedly doesn’t much listen to Kelly, anymore.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2018, 02:30:15 pm »
Trump has brought North Korea to the negotiations table through tough rhetoric. So far, I'll go with his strategies.

Offline edpc

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 03:00:13 pm »
Of course you will, because you’re easily impressed and unable to see the big picture, like the shell game Iran and North Korea have been playing with their nuclear ambitions, plus the newfound alliance our two biggest geopolitical foes have forged.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-military-tells-russia-apos-161427016.html

Online corbe

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 03:10:32 pm »
Trump has brought North Korea to the negotiations table through tough rhetoric. So far, I'll go with his strategies.

Not so fast there @TomSea
   There are only discussions about having discussions with NK at this point, NOTHING has been accomplished other than a few wishful tweets.  So typical of you Trumpers.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2018, 03:36:51 pm »

So did Clinton. Halfbright even drank champagne with Kim's daddy. Can we wait until something tangible & verifiable takes place?

Don't forget, this can be undone with (another) stupid tweet from POTUS.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 03:38:07 pm »
Well according to Russian TV, they are telling people to prepare for nuclear war.  FWIW.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”