Author Topic: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria  (Read 11147 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2018, 06:55:52 pm »
We may stay, add more men there.  We need to be wary, this is not a country we ever declared war on. I'm all against Assad, that situation is very precarious, his age old enemies are the Muslim Brotherhood, they warred with them circa 1983.  At least, half of those fighting against Assad have been Jihadist types, I"m sure a number of rebels are good people as well. This current conflict grew out of protests.

Trump is approaching this intelligently, not like a hothead and I commend him for it.

The only friends we can trust in Syria are the Kurds, and I see leaders like Trump willing to throw them to the wolves.  Other than Kurds, we only have people that hate us.  "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" does not apply here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2018, 07:02:05 pm »
I agree, but Assad must be punished for using chemical weapons, assuming that he did.

By whom? 

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2018, 07:03:09 pm »
The only friends we can trust in Syria are the Kurds, and I see leaders like Trump willing to throw them to the wolves.  Other than Kurds, we only have people that hate us.  "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" does not apply here.

This is not our damn civil war.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2018, 07:14:06 pm »
That philosophy though...when applied in Iraq brought us ISIS.

So,  ISIS are just another faction of Islam amongst all the others,   when you get right down to it, there isn't all that much difference.  Wipe out ISIS, and some other group just as bad pops up.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2018, 07:15:57 pm »

I see the Kurds understand our predicament, I hope we "think" about the real situation over there,

Turkey is a Nato ally, they are the ones who have gone after the Kurds, Assad, not so much, our Kurd allies went after and with the help of the US-led coation, largely defeated ISIS.

It really seems conversations that would just belittle Trump, do not seem to add much to the conversation.

This is not an easy situation and again, no, I don't think we "throw the Kurds to the wolves", obviously, it is a very complex situation, the fact, that we have NOW US TROOPS ASIDE THE KURDS IN MANBIJ, SYRIA, where they may come under the attack of Turkey indicates your view is largely unfounded.  But hey, earlier with Obama it was blame Bush, now we can blame Trump.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2018, 07:17:04 pm »
There are only 2000 US troops in Syria, that's a big difference when we had up to 120-130,000 troops in Iraq. Our stated purpose too, has been to fight ISIS in Syria, nothing less, nothing more.

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2018, 07:24:04 pm »
There are only 2000 US troops in Syria, that's a big difference when we had up to 120-130,000 troops in Iraq. Our stated purpose too, has been to fight ISIS in Syria, nothing less, nothing more.

No US interest is served by remaining involved in Syria.  We've fought ISIS and prevailed. 

Not one drop of American blood should be spilled policing Syria---no matter who asks us.

Let's wave bye-bye and keep them in our prayers.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2018, 07:26:07 pm »
I see the Kurds understand our predicament, I hope we "think" about the real situation over there,

Turkey is a Nato ally, they are the ones who have gone after the Kurds, Assad, not so much, our Kurd allies went after and with the help of the US-led coation, largely defeated ISIS.

It really seems conversations that would just belittle Trump, do not seem to add much to the conversation.

This is not an easy situation and again, no, I don't think we "throw the Kurds to the wolves", obviously, it is a very complex situation, the fact, that we have NOW US TROOPS ASIDE THE KURDS IN MANBIJ, SYRIA, where they may come under the attack of Turkey indicates your view is largely unfounded.  But hey, earlier with Obama it was blame Bush, now we can blame Trump.

Erdogan's behavior is why we're shipping our baddest ass weapons the hell out of there.  No "Nuke Umbrella" for him.  And I hope you are right about the Kurds understanding the game we're playing over there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2018, 07:28:30 pm »
No US interest is served by remaining involved in Syria.  We've fought ISIS and prevailed. 

Not one drop of American blood should be spilled policing Syria---no matter who asks us.

Let's wave bye-bye and keep them in our prayers.

Right on, @Right_in_Virginia!   :beer: :patriot:

One caveat:  No telling them when we're vacating the premises.  That's a bad idea.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2018, 07:30:50 pm »

One caveat:  No telling them when we're vacating the premises.  That's a bad idea.

Okay ... I can live with the suspense.

But no folding to Israel's verbal disrespect, either.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2018, 07:38:54 pm »
Okay ... I can live with the suspense.

But no folding to Israel's verbal disrespect, either.

Israel should know by now we're not going to stick our troops where they themselves are not willing to.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2018, 07:41:31 pm »
Israel should know by now we're not going to stick our troops where they themselves are not willing to.

Why we need to keep drilling to be energy independent, and get out of that god-forsaken region for good.

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2018, 07:44:15 pm »

One would hope ...  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,311219.msg1652933/topicseen.html#msg1652933

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2018, 07:45:00 pm »
Why we need to keep drilling to be energy independent, and get out of that god-forsaken region for good.

:thumbsup:   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2018, 07:45:19 pm »

I think that's a pretty rational view, and I think the Saudis are looking very hard at that possibility.  There are high Princes over there that can see we're getting ready to pick that ball up and go home...provided we keep Democrats away from the levers of power.  If we let the Commiecrats get power again, it resets the whole ball game to the '70's.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:48:38 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2018, 07:45:35 pm »
So,  ISIS are just another faction of Islam amongst all the others,   when you get right down to it, there isn't all that much difference.  Wipe out ISIS, and some other group just as bad pops up.

All the more reason to keep a presence in the region.  The only ones besides the U.S. that seem serious about stopping terror in the region is Israel.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2018, 07:46:14 pm »

Only one small problem...we haven't defeated ISIS.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2018, 07:46:58 pm »
Putin has already said there would be serious consequences if we did something...

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2018, 07:47:20 pm »
All the more reason to keep a presence in the region.  The only ones besides the U.S. that seem serious about stopping terror in the region is Israel.

Israel is still itching for the US military to take care of Syria AND Iran to Israel's satisfaction.

We need to just say no.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2018, 07:50:02 pm »

Only fellow Muslims can finish that mop-up.  They're the only ones who know who the enemy is now.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2018, 07:54:31 pm »
Israel is still itching for the US military to take care of Syria AND Iran to Israel's satisfaction.

Funny, because the only ones hitting munitions dumps outside Damascus, weapons convoys to Lebanon, and Nork built nuclear facilities in Deir ez-Zor seems to be Israel.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2018, 07:56:20 pm »
Only fellow Muslims can finish that mop-up.  They're the only ones who know who the enemy is now.

Outside of the military action in Yemen...the Muslim world has not stepped up to take care of the problem.

They (Muslims) respond to strength and have no respect for people that want to talk it out so to speak...and as long as some group like ISIS...the Taliban or Al Qaeda act like a bully...or are sponsored by an even bigger bully (Iran) the majority of the Muslim world will react like spineless jellyfish and just accept and endure the barbarism that is heaped upon them by groups like ISIS.

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2018, 07:56:27 pm »

Agree.  When it comes to ISIS and Iran's nuclear capabilities there's a natural -- and regional ---alliance just waiting to be developed between SA, Egypt, Jordan and Israel.

Their needs and concerns now dovetail so they should be encouraged-- frequently-- to talk to one another about a solution.   

Offline TomSea

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2018, 07:58:11 pm »

So, our Kurd allies, SDF won the city of Raqqa from ISIS; but ISIS was not defeated? Wow.

ISIS has been defeated 98%, 98% contained, I will go with objective news articles... and Syria should not be our responsibility for time indeterminate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2018, 08:01:05 pm »
Outside of the military action in Yemen...the Muslim world has not stepped up to take care of the problem.

They (Muslims) respond to strength and have no respect for people that want to talk it out so to speak...and as long as some group like ISIS...the Taliban or Al Qaeda act like a bully...or are sponsored by an even bigger bully (Iran) the majority of the Muslim world will react like spineless jellyfish and just accept and endure the barbarism that is heaped upon them by groups like ISIS.

I guess, then, that it's civilian Muslims that are going to die, so let's hope they get motivated to stop it.  Why should we put our guys in the crossfire, considering the thanks we get?
I will NOT comply.