Author Topic: Trump preparing for interview with Mueller: report  (Read 1148 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump preparing for interview with Mueller: report
« on: April 07, 2018, 12:42:01 am »
Trump preparing for interview with Mueller: report
By Avery Anapol and Josh Delk - 04/06/18 07:14 PM EDT

President Trump has reportedly begun preparing for a potential interview with special counsel Robert Mueller, after months of negotiations involving the president's legal team.

A White House official said that Trump's preparation is "in its infancy," CNN reported Friday, as lawyers have only given Trump basic ideas of what topics the special counsel may ask about.

Trump has not formally agreed to be interviewed by Mueller in his investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, but he has said he "would like to."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382049-trump-preparing-for-interview-with-mueller-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump preparing for interview with Mueller: report
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:44:32 am »
Swell.  He thinks he can talk his way out of the BS, but Mueller's laying a trap, and if Trump goes through with an "interview" he'll be impeached within a year, even if the Dems don't take the House. 

You heard it here first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 12:54:33 am »
"...he has said he "would like to."

He lied; he is scared to death to do that and he should be.  He cannot tell the truth, he can't; he doesn't know what is true and what isn't any minute of the day.  No way should his lawyers allow it.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 12:58:23 am »
I would think someone could convince him that being interviewed by the Feds is a bad idea:  Ivanka, Don Jr, Melania, Jared, his attorneys, someone.  Even if subpoenaed, I think he’d be a fool to do anything other than to simply take the 5th. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 01:00:54 am »
"...he has said he "would like to."

He lied; he is scared to death to do that and he should be.  He cannot tell the truth, he can't; he doesn't know what is true and what isn't any minute of the day.  No way should his lawyers allow it.

@Victoria33

Any rational person would know better.... :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 01:07:58 am »
Mueller already has answers to his questions.  Plus, he just dropped a phonebook thick set of new charges on Manafort and Gates.  They better hope there's nothing to deal and his story doesn't contradict whatever information is gathered from the interview.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:08:54 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 01:14:05 am »
Mueller already has answers to his questions.  Plus, he just dropped a phonebook thick set of new charges on Manafort and Gates.  They better hope there's nothing to deal and his story doesn't contradict whatever information is gathered from the interview.

If he's piling on Manafort and Gates, that would lead me to believe they aren't talking.  But, if Trump pulls off a boneheaded stunt like talking to Mueller they won't have to talk to hang Trump.  He'll bring his own rope for the hanging.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 01:28:15 am »
If he's piling on Manafort and Gates, that would lead me to believe they aren't talking.  But, if Trump pulls off a boneheaded stunt like talking to Mueller they won't have to talk to hang Trump.  He'll bring his own rope for the hanging.

They only aren't talking because there hasn't been a final ruling on his suit against Mueller for going outside the purview.  It'll soon be dismissed and they're both cooked.  The biggest problems they'll have are the millions in loans secured through Federal Savings Bank during the campaign period.  The head of that bank, Stephen Calk, was angling for an admin position as Secretary of the Army.  They'd better have something to trade.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:49:00 am by edpc »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 01:36:38 am »
A White House official said that Trump's preparation 

This could easily be more of CNN's now famous anonymously sourced fake news. CNN has an interest in pushing Trump to 'testify', if you can call it that since there is no crime, before the Witch Trial board.

This 'report' as CNN calls it, could be CNN's way of keeping this idea in the news. So now when Trump does not interview, CNN can play it one of two ways or both. They can play the theme of, 'What is Trump afraid of!?' Or they can go with the, 'Trump flip-flops on Mueller testimony' theme.

Either way, it is another lead story for CNN for a at least a couple of weeks. And certainly without a doubt, the way the article is written CNN could have easily just made the whole thing up out of thin air.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:37:17 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 01:41:05 am »
I sure hope he doesn't.  Bad, bad idea.  I realize he thinks very highly of his abilities, but this isn't something he's going to be able to win.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 01:52:39 am »
   Watching film from his past experience with testimony, I would recommend a couple of these beforehand.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 02:00:27 am »

They only aren't talking because there hasn't been a final ruling on his suit against Mueller for going outside the purview.  It'll soon be dismissed and they're both cooked.  The biggest problems they'll have are the millions in loans secured through Federal Savings Bank during the campaign period.  The head of that bank, Stephen Calk, was angling for an admin position as Secretary of the Army.  They'd better have something to trade.

Mueller's a corrupt prosecutor (with a corrupt team), so they'll be able to make something up out of whole cloth, if they have to.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 02:22:50 am »
Mueller's a corrupt prosecutor (with a corrupt team), so they'll be able to make something up out of whole cloth, if they have to.

There's a ton of evidence, some of which Gates provided in cooperation, that both he and Manafort were engaging in tax and bank fraud during 2016.  They were doing some really stupid things, like doctoring earnings statements and property values.  Do a little poking around on your own and check it out.  Unbelievably stupid stuff.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 02:53:12 am »

There's a ton of evidence, some of which Gates provided in cooperation, that both he and Manafort were engaging in tax and bank fraud during 2016.  They were doing some really stupid things, like doctoring earnings statements and property values.  Do a little poking around on your own and check it out.  Unbelievably stupid stuff.

I know this about them.  But Mueller's going to hang whatever he can get from them on Trump, whether Trump is guilty or not.  The corrupt media will help make it stick.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 04:35:12 am »
A White House official said that Trump's preparation is "in its infancy," CNN reported Friday, as lawyers have only given Trump basic ideas of what topics the special counsel may ask about.

If Trump follows SOP he'll be in the interview tomorrow, 30 minutes before his staff or lawyers even know about it.

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 07:58:23 am »
I know this about them.  But Mueller's going to hang whatever he can get from them on Trump, whether Trump is guilty or not.  The corrupt media will help make it stick.

Personally, I never bought into the idea of collusion to win the election, because the idea was too convoluted and required so many things to fall into place.  The reason the probe has continued, however, is mostly due to this particular case.  Others have entered plea deals, but Manafort has fought the charges.  Being someone who was both in charge of the campaign at one time and in the Trump tower meeting, he's uniquely positioned to have certain knowledge of events.  If there was a conspiracy within the campaign, which I doubt, Manafort is almost in the same position as John Dean was in Watergate - most of it would fall on him.  He'll either cooperate or see significant jail time.  If he does cooperate, whatever he offers will have to be corroborated.  He's been too slippery to trust on his own.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 11:50:30 am »
Do yourselves a favor and regard as agitprop any story that includes “CNN reported.”

99.99 percent chance it’s BS. (Unless, of course, you like living in a perpetual state of angst like the liberal Left has since November 8 2016.)

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 03:24:26 pm »
His lawyer, Ty Cobb, is preparing him to manage his 'diabeetus.'