Author Topic: David Hogg Got Rejected By Some Major Colleges, Now He’s Dissing Them  (Read 7032 times)

Offline Applewood

Wanted to thank you all for clarifying about GPA and SAT scores.  I graduated in 1970 and a lot has changed in 48 years.

Online mountaineer

Most schools add a point now for taking an honors or gifted/talented level class.
Back in the 70s I took an "AP" course, but didn't get any extra points from it.

Now I'm triggered.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Concerned

Back in the 70s I took an "AP" course, but didn't get any extra points from it.

Now I'm triggered.

Me too in 1977 but sometime after that they changed the scale where an A was worth 5.0, a B 4.0, etc. for AP courses.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Polly Ticks

Me too in 1977 but sometime after that they changed the scale where an A was worth 5.0, a B 4.0, etc. for AP courses.

Depending on how you scored on the exam at the end, you can also get college credits for those AP classes.  My son went into college as a sophomore because he had taken several of those classes.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

What qualifies as AP classes now probably was standard fare for 8th graders a hundred years ago.  :whistle:

Offline Concerned

Depending on how you scored on the exam at the end, you can also get college credits for those AP classes.  My son went into college as a sophomore because he had taken several of those classes.

After my high school calculus course in 1977/78, I took the AP Exam that was administered by the College Board.  By getting a 3 or above on it, I placed out of college calculus, but that AP Exam was administered separately from my high school.  My "A" in that high school calculus course only got me a 4.0 on my GPA, but as mentioned, that's all changed now.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Polly Ticks

After my high school calculus course in 1977/78, I took the AP Exam that was administered by the College Board.  By getting a 3 or above on it, I placed out of college calculus, but that AP Exam was administered separately from my high school.  My "A" in that high school calculus course only got me a 4.0 on my GPA, but as mentioned, that's all changed now.

Sounds pretty similar, other than the GPA >4.0 thing.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

I didn't get out of any college courses until I was on campus and actually took a test.  :shrug:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
What qualifies as AP classes now probably was standard fare for 8th graders a hundred years ago.  :whistle:

The whole game changed in the 80's.  In education the old "A rising tide lifts all boats to sail at their ability and speed " was replaced with put a governor on those fast boats so the dummies don't feel stoopid.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

I aced all my AP classes but took most of them in college because they were easy A's.

Also, I did not get into my first choice in college, even though I was a legacy. I got into my second choice and it was the best thing I could have done. Better fit, happier, and I was able to audit courses after I graduated at my first choice and I have a pass to use their library.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The whole game changed in the 80's.  In education the old "A rising tide lifts all boats to sail at their ability and speed " was replaced with put a governor on those fast boats so the dummies don't feel stoopid.

Which screwed the bright kids, then eventually the whole country as the best we could graduate from college are the kind of folks in Idiocracy.

In the 70's, my high school couldn't figure out how to fit AP classes into the budget, so they simply axed them.  No Calculus or advanced Chem for me.  At least they kept the Honors English class.  Since I had blocked out my whole four years in preparation for those classes, I ended up with a 4-hour class schedule.  They wanted me to take extra Phys-Ed classes but I told them to piss up a rope, a Community College wanted me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

I didn't get out of any college courses until I was on campus and actually took a test.  :shrug:

That was my experience as well.  My oldest daughter had nearly a year of college credit before she ever got to the campus.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
I  once told my sons that the hardest thing in the world is to live by our own values.  It’s easy to have political positions and moral values until those are applied to ourselves.  If there was some kind of societal calamity,  and young Mr. Hogg’s life  was at stake, he’d be the first one trying to buy a gun

Ah, but he's not 21! Let Rachael Ray, the folks at Wayfair and any others that withdraw their advertising protect his wimpy little snowflake @$$!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
You placed out of college calculus by taking an AP exam in high school? Wow! I wish I could have done that. When I took Calculus IV it was with a new book. No books in either bookstore. The library didn't even have any copies. Try taking a math course with no book. Pre-internet and all. I withdrew from all classes before the deadline and joined the Navy. When I went back to school, I changed my major. No more calculus, Yea!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN host to David Hogg: ‘What kind of dumbass colleges don’t want you?’
By Morgan Gstalter - 03/30/18 08:50 AM EDT

CNN host Alisyn Camerota expressed surprise during a Friday interview that any colleges turned down David Hogg, the Parkland, Fla., high school student who has become a major figure in the nation's gun violence debate.

Fox News host Laura Ingraham apologized to Hogg and lost advertisers after she mocked him on Twitter for being rejected by four colleges.

“I am stunned that four colleges rejected you,” Camerota said on Friday. “What kind of dumbass colleges don’t want you?! You have taken the country by storm. How do you explain this? Did they reject you before the Parkland massacre?”

Hogg said that his rejection letters came after the Feb. 14 school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/380970-cnn-host-asks-parkland-student-what-kinds-of-dumbass-college-dont-want-you
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

Camerota ..is she the one who wore Tampons for earrings on air?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Camerota ..is she the one who wore Tampons for earrings on air?

No, that was Melissa Harris Perry or Perry Harris, something like that.  I hadn't heard of her before that and haven't heard of her since.

Offline WingNot

No, that was Melissa Harris Perry or Perry Harris, something like that.  I hadn't heard of her before that and haven't heard of her since.

Oh yeah.  Now I remember.    another pathetic loser.

Online mountaineer

“I am stunned that four colleges rejected you,” Camerota said on Friday. “What kind of dumbass colleges don’t want you?! You have taken the country by storm. How do you explain this? Did they reject you before the Parkland massacre?”
This is why no one should expect actual news reporting from CNN. As a smalltown newspaper reporter (who has tried mightily to be completely objective in my stories), I am embarrassed that this is what passes for news coverage - loaded vulgar words, thinly-veiled criticism of the schools and gushing praise for the interview subject.  Shameful.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
CNN's not even trying to hide their agenda anymore. The sheeple want their opinions spoon-fed to them so they don't have to think.

I guess I am the only one that thinks David Hogg looks like a school shooter himself. 
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

I guess I am the only one that thinks David Hogg looks like a school shooter himself.

I think all the emo's today have that look.

Offline goatprairie

I think all the emo's today have that look.
I think the correct term for types like him is soy boy.

Online mountaineer

Chance McClainâ„¢   @TexasChance
@JesseKellyDC so the David Hogg phenomenon...how can he be fixed? Like what does it take for people like him to see the light?

Doctor Jesse Kelly®  Verified account @JesseKellyDC
Doctor Jesse Kelly® Retweeted Chance McClain™
Better parents. Any 17 year old who can make an ass of himself that consistently is lacking a father willing to take him by the ear and tell him to stop being a moron.

Offline LadyLiberty

He reminds me of banjo boy in Deliverance.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
He looks like a cross between Adam Lanza  and Dylan Roof.
Countdown to Resignation