Author Topic: Holder group will fight citizenship question on census  (Read 1234 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Holder group will fight citizenship question on census
« on: March 27, 2018, 09:37:35 pm »
Holder group will fight citizenship question on census
By Max Greenwood - 03/27/18 07:51 AM EDT

A Democratic group headed by former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will go to court over a decision by the Commerce Department to include a question about citizenship on the 2020 census.

Holder said Tuesday that the group, the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, would fight the Trump administration's decision, arguing that including a citizenship question would drastically lower the response rate on the 2020 census and lead to an inaccurate count.

"We will litigate to stop the Administration from moving forward with this irresponsible decision," Holder said. "The addition of a citizenship question to the census questionnaire is a direct attack on our representative democracy."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/380398-holder-group-will-fight-citizenship-question-on-census
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Holder group will fight citizenship question on census
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 09:38:49 pm »
I'm not quite sure who should be feared more; Bammy's silent army or Holder's 'group'?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:39:00 pm »
Be a hard thing to fight considering his boss Clinton had this on his questionnaire.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:42:32 pm »
Be a hard thing to fight considering his boss Clinton had this on his questionnaire.

..shh... you're not supposed to remember that, and besides it's only ok if the DEMS ask it.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 10:36:23 pm »
California. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 02:26:08 am »

It was only taken off in 2010.

http://start.att.net/player/category/news/article/time-white_house_defends_citizenship_question_in_new_ce-vtime
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 02:36:19 am »
It was only taken off in 2010.

http://start.att.net/player/category/news/article/time-white_house_defends_citizenship_question_in_new_ce-vtime

That is why fighting this is a joke. Holder is going to have to prove that past census results were wrong and invalid prior to 2010.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 02:51:49 am »
That is why fighting this is a joke. Holder is going to have to prove that past census results were wrong and invalid prior to 2010.

If he can get on the Ninth Circus docket, I'll bet you half a peach he'll convince them.  They're that stupid.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 02:58:16 am »
If he can get on the Ninth Circus docket, I'll bet you half a peach he'll convince them.  They're that stupid.

Yeah and it will go right to the next level if that happens, but even so, he also has to show standing. He will have to show why taking a more detailed head count like in previous censuses is going to effect him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 03:17:47 am »
Yeah and it will go right to the next level if that happens, but even so, he also has to show standing. He will have to show why taking a more detailed head count like in previous censuses is going to effect him.

Timing might be everything if they are trying to tie it up for next census.  Lets get it over with now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 03:19:48 am »
Timing might be everything if they are trying to tie it up for next census.  Lets get it over with now.

They can't tie it up. It is a Constitutional issue. It has to happen and it has to happen on time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 03:21:15 am »

You are assuming the Judges will behave and follow the law.  They have shown a tendency of not doing that, ever since we started getting the Obama & Clinton packed courts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 03:21:55 am »
They can't tie it up. It is a Constitutional issue. It has to happen and it has to happen on time.

It'll happen on time.  With a nice, tidy injunction tied to it, like a pretty bow.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 04:03:55 am »
I expect this is more about winning midterms rather than winning court cases.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 04:12:43 am »
Blatant PR move for the midterms, considering there is precedent for it and constitutional authority.  They have to do something to push immigration issues, since both sides punted DACA to the courts.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:13:09 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.