Author Topic: Dem Lawmaker: We Don't Want To Confiscate Guns, We Want To "Seize" Them  (Read 2800 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Dem Lawmaker: We Don't Want To Confiscate Guns, We Want To "Seize" Them
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 01:22:09 am »
During an interview with Tucker Carlson, Thomas claims to not be talking about “taking the guns from law-abiding citizens, I’m talking about a ban on assault rifles. We are not trying to promote a militia. What war are we going at that we need assault rifles?”

The war to keep ourselves free from would-be tyrants like YOU, dear.

That's why we need 'em.

I saw the interview with Tucker last night. This woman talked over him constantly and, of course, made no sense. He had to cut her off because she wouldn't shut up and was not responding to his questions.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 01:34:11 am »
And we have a resident Leftist on this board who says and who supports the same exact thing.

He will just call the legislation to 'seize' "reasonable".

Support for registration of firearms is not the "seizure" of firearms.  You do your position no favors with your idiotic, fever-swamp exagerration.   The sanction favored by this woman is the confiscation of an entire class of firearms.   That is,  I believe we can all agree, unConstitutional.   

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:34:44 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 01:43:14 am »
Support for registration of firearms is not the "seizure" of firearms.

Same difference.  And we see it as such and make no distinction between the two.

We will not comply.  Period.

We will actively resist such demands.

You do your position no favors with your idiotic, fever-swamp exagerration.   

On the contrary, as you are discovering - my 'idiotic, fever-swamp' response to your advocacy of tyranny and gun confiscation is rallying the Defenders of liberty to the line.

The sanction favored by this woman is the confiscation of an entire class of firearms.   That is,  I believe we can all agree, unConstitutional.   

Her position is simply the same as yours.  She just skips the stupid pretenses and goes for what your advocacy will achieve should tyrants you enable be handed that power.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:48:40 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 01:58:02 am »
Support for registration of firearms is not the "seizure" of firearms.  You do your position no favors with your idiotic, fever-swamp exagerration.   The sanction favored by this woman is the confiscation of an entire class of firearms.   That is,  I believe we can all agree, unConstitutional.
Name even one country which has not used the registration data to confiscate firearms. Even in the US, it has been done. So much for 'fever swamps', we're talking about historical precedent, here.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/california-gun-confiscation-bill_n_3117238.html

The California state legislature passed a bill Thursday approving $24 million to expedite the confiscation of the estimated 40,000 handguns and assault weapons illegally owned by Californians.

SB 140, authored by Sen. Mark Leno (D-San Francisco), seeks to remedy the gun-confiscation backlog that has left thousands of illegal guns on the streets, including those owned by those with criminal convictions or serious mental illness.

“We are fortunate in California to have the first and only system in the nation that tracks and identifies individuals who at one time made legal purchases of firearms but are now barred from possessing them,” Leno said in a statement.

That's what happens when people let the government play fast and loose with the RKBA. They registered their then legal arms, and the government changed the law. Then it had what it needed to round them up.

I will not comply.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 02:03:49 am »
Name even one country which has not used the registration data to confiscate firearms. Even in the US, it has been done. So much for 'fever swamps', we're talking about historical precedent, here.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/california-gun-confiscation-bill_n_3117238.html

That's what happens when people let the government play fast and loose with the RKBA. They registered their then legal arms, and the government changed the law. Then it had what it needed to round them up.

I will not comply.

My example is Hawaii.  They decided to compare their gun registrations with people who received medical marijuana, then they sent the cops to seize their weapons.

I will not comply.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 03:58:18 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 02:31:22 am »

I guess you were having fun in a bath house with the boys when this happened, but during the aftermath of Katrina, the Feds sent the US military around New Orleans and confiscated peoples guns. They used registrations to locate them. They kicked in doors and rifled through peoples houses without warrants and without probable cause. It was for the greater good of the country George "Worst President in History" Bush was running. He also made it law that perverts and degenerates fondle young children before they were allowed to fly in an airplane.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 03:33:37 am »
You members on the Hell No to Registration side are making all too much sense for Libs to grok.

Gotta simplify it down to short sound bites for them.

"I saw a movie where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 04:35:42 am »

And yet all the measures you advocate for will at the end of the day lead to what you claim won't happen. There is historical evidence by the volume to prove your statements are false.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2018, 05:41:24 am »
The 1 that always gets me is the line 'The Founders never envisioned anything with as much firepower as Assault Weapons. They were talking about single shot muskets.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

patented in 1718.

Couldn't envision it, huh?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2018, 02:59:00 pm »
The 1 that always gets me is the line 'The Founders never envisioned anything with as much firepower as Assault Weapons. They were talking about single shot muskets.'

patented in 1718.

Hell, the cannons they used in the revolution as well as many of the warships were initially privately owned.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2018, 03:13:21 pm »
Related

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,309841.0.html

Great article you wrote, I encourage all to go read it.  Glad you found it!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2018, 04:07:31 pm »

patented in 1718.

! No longer available

Even earlier 1600's
! No longer available
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:12:50 pm by jpsb »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2018, 04:19:10 pm »
Support for registration of firearms is not the "seizure" of firearms.   

You're right, it isn't.  But it is a necessary precondition to seizure/confiscation.

Can you make a convincing case that won't happen?  Because if you can't, the vast majority of gun owners are going to decide  -- rightly in my view -- that is simply not a risk worth taking.
@Jazzhead
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:05:23 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 06:06:47 pm »
You're right, it isn't.  But it is a necessary precondition to seizure/confiscation.

Can you make a convincing case that won't happen?  Because if you can't, the vast majority of gun owners are going to decide  -- rightly in my view -- that is simply not a risk worth taking.
@Jazzhead

:beer:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 07:46:55 pm »

@Jazzhead

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 07:54:02 pm »

@Jazzhead

They key word being "convincing."  He can convince himself the government is benign, but convincing me is another matter.

Move over, @txradioguy, time to watch the show.  :2popcorn:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 09:25:55 pm »
They key word being "convincing."  He can convince himself the government is benign, but convincing me is another matter.

Move over, @txradioguy, time to watch the show.  :2popcorn:

The thing is that American public opinion is fickle, and it is entirely possible to envision a time in the not too distant future where public sentiment on guns will change.  Heck, public opinion on gay marriage flipped in a few short years after the Supreme Court decision.  So while confiscation/seizure may not seem plausible politically right now, there's no guarantee sentiment won't be much different in a decade or so.  And I for one plan on still being around then.  So taking steps now that will make it easier to confiscate guns a few short years down the road is simply unacceptable.  Nor is there any legislative or ever Constitutional guarantee that would make me feel differently.  But, I'd still like see if @Jazzhead can make an argument I haven't yet considered.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 09:33:19 pm »
:2popcorn:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2018, 12:48:58 am »
The thing is that American public opinion is fickle, and it is entirely possible to envision a time in the not too distant future where public sentiment on guns will change.  Heck, public opinion on gay marriage flipped in a few short years after the Supreme Court decision.  So while confiscation/seizure may not seem plausible politically right now, there's no guarantee sentiment won't be much different in a decade or so.  And I for one plan on still being around then.  So taking steps now that will make it easier to confiscate guns a few short years down the road is simply unacceptable.  Nor is there any legislative or ever Constitutional guarantee that would make me feel differently.  But, I'd still like see if @Jazzhead can make an argument I haven't yet considered.

Yeah, all it took was a couple of decades of bombarding the American public with homosexuality in everything from sitcoms to movies, and the myriad heart-rending agitprop films and other media promoting homosexuality (after, of course, denying the freedom to worship of schoolchildren all over the country and decrying normalcy as 'bigoted'). It just goes to show the Big Lie technique is ever effective, if pursued in earnest.

I think that was an easier sell, because relatively few Americans actually knew any professed homosexuals when that started, and hadn't observed many of the problems those in such relationships had (not all, but many), so it was easier to sell the 'they're just like you and me' canard, something which @Jazzhead also parrots from lib central.

I have little doubt the same campaign is being done against guns, (HomeBO attacked guns twenty years ago--one of the reasons we don't have that here), but the salient difference is that portraying guns as evil will be a harder sale because 1/3 of the population at a minimum owns them and is well familiar with the hyperbolic nature of those who most shrilly advocate against them, and the lies which are told, the distortions which are used to vilify those selfsame gunowners, their guns, and often Christians as well.

We already simply turn off anything with gratuitous homosexuality in it, won't buy the book and won't see the movie. Gun owners need to similarly boycott studios and their products which vilify and blame hardware instead of the person wielding it.  I refuse to support anything which condemns my way of life.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis