Author Topic: Dem Lawmaker: We Don't Want To Confiscate Guns, We Want To "Seize" Them  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-27/dem-lawmaker-we-dont-want-confiscate-guns-we-want-seize-them

A Georgia state lawmaker said she didn’t want to take guns away from Americans, but she also supports legislation that would seize guns from Americans.

Likely missing a dictionary and basic common sense, Erica Thomas still expects us to believe that the government isn’t coming for our guns.

During an interview with Tucker Carlson, Thomas claims to not be talking about “taking the guns from law-abiding citizens, I’m talking about a ban on assault rifles. We are not trying to promote a militia. What war are we going at that we need assault rifles?”

But Carlson quotes the bill Thomas herself said she supported, which states,

“The Georgia Bureau of Investigation shall seize and take possession of any assault weapon, large capacity magazine, armor piercing bullet or incendiary fifty caliber bullet.”

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:50:41 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Damn she makes me want to do the Goose Step

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
36% of US households have one or more firearms (and that's just those who are honest with survey takers). If just 10% of those households are the ornery, 'from my cold dead hands' stereotype, you are still dealing with millions of people who would be pissed and not comply. That won't be pretty.

Offline RoosGirl

He looks like he belongs to Dr. Frankenstein.

Offline Frank Cannon

This dude is a product of the modern intercity education system. Atlanta should be proud.

Offline WingNot

36% of US households have one or more firearms (and that's just those who are honest with survey takers). If just 10% of those households are the ornery, 'from my cold dead hands' stereotype, you are still dealing with millions of people who would be pissed and not comply. That won't be pretty.

When we march on Washington they will need a sat to count the legions. 

Offline Resp3

Damn she makes me want to do the Goose Step

Wow. She just needs a Castro Jacket and she could be twins!

Offline Frank Cannon

Why march to that shithole? Let them come to us.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Why march to that shithole? Let them come to us.

There is power in numbers, but thinking this through a bit you are right.  Why congregate in one area where Big Brother can seize and confiscate in one swoop?  Lock 'n load and don't retreat.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

There is power in numbers, but thinking this through a bit you are right.  Why congregate in one area where Big Brother can seize and confiscate in one swoop?  Lock 'n load and don't retreat.

I know my neighborhood. Uncle Sam doesn't.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Dem Lawmaker: We Don't Want To Confiscate Guns, We Want To "Seize" Them
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 10:03:23 pm »

888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 10:29:59 pm »

It worked for General Washington.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 10:48:15 pm »
A Georgia state lawmaker said she didn’t want to take guns away from Americans, but she also supports legislation that would seize guns from Americans.

And we have a resident Leftist on this board who says and who supports the same exact thing.

He will just call the legislation to 'seize' "reasonable".
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:48:49 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 10:53:07 pm »
It worked for General Washington.

The Brits didn't have Google Maps.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 11:15:26 pm »
Seize this.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 11:25:14 pm »
Better bring that together like a flash mob dance troupe or the air strikes will be epic.

Don't march, just show up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline WingNot

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 11:51:58 pm »
Seize this.

That is A "Make My Day" moment

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 11:56:55 pm »
The Brits didn't have Google Maps.

Is that the same Google Maps that sends you into the dangerous part of a town you've never been to so that you can save 30 seconds on a trip?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 12:01:44 am »
Is that the same Google Maps that sends you into the dangerous part of a town you've never been to so that you can save 30 seconds on a trip?

Yep, the same Google Maps that has pretty much every public road imaged down to a street view including all of our homes.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 12:05:26 am »
She doesn't want to take away guns, she wants to take away assault rifles. Assuming she means the scary black ones.

Only uppity NRA members own those, whereas a good number of her own constituents own Kel Tec and Chiappa handguns.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:09:33 am by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 12:05:51 am »
Yep, the same Google Maps that has pretty much every public road imaged down to a street view including all of our homes.

Well why don't you test it out for the govt'. I'll give you my address and you can Google it and try to kill me. I'll bet a dollar you won't do so hot.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 12:19:35 am »
Well why don't you test it out for the govt'. I'll give you my address and you can Google it and try to kill me. I'll bet a dollar you won't do so hot.

Sounds like either way I'd win something.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 12:29:44 am »

...hmm...out of curiosity were you Special OPS?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 01:03:10 am »
During an interview with Tucker Carlson, Thomas claims to not be talking about “taking the guns from law-abiding citizens, I’m talking about a ban on assault rifles. We are not trying to promote a militia. What war are we going at that we need assault rifles?”

The war to keep ourselves free from would-be tyrants like YOU, dear.

That's why we need 'em.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 01:20:27 am »
Well I don't want to hit you in the face, I want to punch you...
The Republic is lost.