Author Topic: Tory MP says he shared Islamophobic news article in 'error'  (Read 454 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tory MP says he shared Islamophobic news article in 'error'
« on: March 27, 2018, 02:32:23 pm »
Tory MP says he shared Islamophobic news article in 'error'
Bob Blackman was previously forced to apologise after MEE revealed he had shared a platform with a controversial anti-Muslim Hindu nationalist
The social media post shared an image of eight of the 13 men convicted in Bristol in 2014 (Police handout)

A Conservative MP has been accused of giving a platform to Islamophobia by sharing a story from an anti-Muslim website on his social media page, it has been reported.

Bob Blackman, who was first elected as the MP for Harrow East in 2010, reportedly shared a story on his Facebook page titles "Muslim Somali sex gang say raping white British children ‘part of their culture’", the Times reported.

The post, which was shared by Blackman on Sunday evening and removed on Monday, originated from anti-Muslim website Hardcore News USA. Similar posts found on far-right British sites cited a case where 13 men, who are of Somali heritage, were convicted of rape or abuse of teenage girls in Bristol in 2014.

See article: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/conservative-mp-says-he-shared-islamophobic-news-article-error-1945691819

It sounds like things we even say in this forum, could land one in some trouble over there and on that, I disagree. I haven't see anything beyond the pale said by those "Britain First" people. Having said that, I understand, to an extent,  trying to keep the lid on in a multi-ethnic society like the UK, understand it but I do not agree with it.