Author Topic: Seven Powerful Minutes: Virginia Lawmaker Offers Impassioned Defense of Second Amendment  (Read 708 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Until this week, I'd never heard of Nick Freitas, an Iraq war veteran and a Republican member of Virginia's House of Delegates.  But several people have sent me the clip below of his floor speech from earlier this month, in which he strenuously defends the Second Amendment in the wake of the Parkland massacre.  He also calls out the anti-gun Left over some of their policy preferences, and especially over their 'end of discussion'-style debating tactics -- which prevent the sort of "open and honest" debate lawmakers on both sides often claim to desire.  One doesn't need to find every one of his points entirely compelling in order to share his palpable frustration with the opposition party's incessant impugning of motives in these discussions.  And one doesn't need to be an unwavering opponent of any and all new gun regulations to at least partially relate to his candidly-stated concern that Second Amendment supporters do not trust their counterparts to limit proposed restrictions to a handful of relatively small changes.  Watch:
! No longer available

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2018/03/16/video-a-virginia-lawmakers-impassioned-defense-of-gun-rights-blasting-demagogic-counterarguments-n2461609
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 01:17:59 am by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline DB

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Suppressed

Good man.

Yes, he is.  My brother knows him personally.

He's an Army veteran who served two tours in Iraq.  He's running for U.S. Senate.  If anyone wants to support him, by volunteering or contributing, or to learn more, go to https://nick4senate.com
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

Absolutely awesome, powerful and very refreshing to hear.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
It is amazing how speaking the Gods honest truth can trigger so many of the weak minded people in the opposition party in Virginia...or for that matter, in the country.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

Worth a *bump* - hopefully everyone "visiting' will take the time to listen to his speech.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.