Author Topic: ‘March for Our Lives’ sign attacks Rubio, other pro-Second Amendment Catholics  (Read 336 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I dislike Rubio, but this is going way too far!  It seems that the left breeds violence and hate!

‘March for Our Lives’ sign attacks Rubio, other pro-Second Amendment Catholics

Amid the ocean of half-baked, profanity-laced protest signs from this past weekend’s anti-gun march in Washington, D.C., there was this one about Senator Marco Rubio, R-Fla....

....This is far from the first direct attack on Rubio over the issue, but it’s the first that I’ve seen from this round of protests that has the audacity to attack Rubio’s faith, and by extension, the faith of other pro-Second Amendment Catholics, because of this particular political stance.

And the bloody forehead cross toes the line between old-school Catholic-bashing and the outright demonic.

This is nothing new. Whether it’s gun control, some barely watered-down form of Marxism, or the latest government-mandated eco-fad, you can’t consider yourself truly Catholic if you don’t line up with the big-government crowd on the latest political litmus test, at least according to the Left.

However, in Catholic moral theology, there are areas of faith and morals (the Trinity, the Ascension, the Assumption, sexual morality, God’s design for marriage, the sanctity of human life, etc.) and there are areas of prudential judgement......

And here’s what it says about firearm ownership:

...Not anywhere in there does it say anything prohibiting a Catholic in good standing with the Holy See from owning or carrying a firearm where legal. Rather, the Church affirms the right to self-defense, even to the point of killing the aggressor..............

.....But then again, it’s no surprise to find that someone at this march should be so clueless about Catholicism, even as they try to use it as a weapon in policy debates. After all, those clamoring to take others’ guns away in the first place typically have no clue whatsoever how guns work to begin with............

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/march-lives-sign-attacks-rubio-pro-second-amendment-catholics/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.