Author Topic: Trump: ‘Very happy’ with my legal team  (Read 797 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: ‘Very happy’ with my legal team
« on: March 25, 2018, 02:51:11 pm »
Trump: ‘Very happy’ with my legal team

By BRENT D. GRIFFITHS

03/25/2018 08:31 AM EDT

President Donald Trump on Sunday morning railed against reports that top legal minds have turned down an opportunity to join his team of lawyers working on the Russia probe, saying no one would turn down the opportunity at "fame and fortune."

"Many lawyers and top law firms want to represent me in the Russia case...don’t believe the Fake News narrative that it is hard to find a lawyer who wants to take this on," the president wrote on Twitter. "Fame & fortune will NEVER be turned down by a lawyer, though some are conflicted."

Trump added that the problem is "a new ... lawyer or law firm will take months to get up to speed (if for no other reason than they can bill more), which is unfair to our great country — and I am very happy with my existing team."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/25/trump-legal-team-mueller-probe-483528
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:53:36 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

Re: Trump: ‘Very happy’ with my legal team
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 03:01:00 pm »
Of course it was just 2 weeks ago that he tweeted the following:

"The Failing New York Times purposely wrote a false story stating that I am unhappy with my legal team on the Russia case and am going to add another lawyer to help out. Wrong. I am VERY happy with my lawyers, John Dowd, Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow. They are doing a great job and.....

6:41 AM - 11 Mar 2018"

Since then, John Dowd has gone, reports are that Ted Olson turned down the President to join the team, and Joe diGenova (and his wife) were coming on the Mueller defense team; however, Jay Sekulow said this morning:

“The President is disappointed that conflicts prevent Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing from joining his Special Counsel legal team. However, those conflicts do not prevent them from assisting the President in other legal matters. The President looks forward to working with them."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-another-blow-to-trumps-efforts-to-combat-russia-probe-digenova-will-no-longer-join-legal-team/2018/03/25/8ac8c8d2-3038-11e8-94fa-32d48460b955_story.html?utm_term=.e24c6b301657

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 03:21:02 pm »
You know he has repeatedly told his staff, “Get me that Davy Crockett guy on TV.”

Trial Lawyer Gary Spence
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:31:53 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 03:31:51 pm »
   He was 'Very Happy' with me (and about 20 0ther people), until He wasn't

*Gary Cohn
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 03:50:34 pm »
Trump won't add diGenova and Toensing to his legal team

https://www.axios.com/trump-legal-team-digenova-toensing-08b72713-1299-463b-8f67-452b599de331.html?source=sidebar

Conflicted out by existing clients.  And apparently just conflicts with respect to the Mueller affair.  Wonder what that could be. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 05:07:07 pm »
Conflicted out by existing clients.

How would they not be aware of this beforehand?

Besides, his tweet has the underlying message of disdain for attorneys.  Why else would he say they'd take the case for 'fortune and fame' and take months getting up to speed so 'they can bill more'...?

It certainly doesn't sound like a love letter to the legal profession.  That's hardly surprising, given today is calling for 'Stormy' weather at approximately 7PM EDT.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 09:55:04 pm »
‘Very happy’ with my legal team

No A listed Lawyers will touch his case.  He is left with the firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 10:49:25 am »
Supposedly, there was no chemistry between Trump and DiGenova.  More likely, Trump.was distracted, because Joe reminded him too much of Ron Jeremy.