Author Topic: Trump grudgingly signs a bill that stops his border wall from ruining a wildlife refuge.  (Read 1487 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The more you dig in the bill, the more of a joke it becomes. It really would be funny if it weren't serious.

Trump grudgingly signs a bill that stops his border wall from ruining a wildlife refuge. His administration had hoped to break ground on the wall within the 2,088-acre Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge along the Texas-Mexico border — because where better to begin than on land that’s already federally owned?
Never mind that the refuge was created to protect over 400 species of migratory birds and endangered species like the ocelot, which scientists have warned could cease to exist in the U.S. if the border wall cuts through Southeast Texas.....

https://grist.org/briefly/trump-grudgingly-signs-a-bill-that-stops-his-border-wall-from-ruining-a-wildlife-refuge/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The more you dig in the bill, the more of a joke it becomes. It really would be funny if it weren't serious.
Well I guess it's okay to put up wind farms and chop chop migratory birds, but we mustn't mess with the  Leopardus pardalis it might disappear in Americae Septentrionalis! You know I would be okay with that if resulted in the extinction of the  licet fures aliena! After all we could always reintroduce the Ocelot.

Offline goodwithagun

The art of the deal has been played on his supporters.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline berdie

[/quo

Trump didn't "grudgingly" sign jack squat.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:44:01 am by berdie »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Grudgingly nothing!  As if a bird will disappear if you build a wall.  They do fly!  Of course during construction there may be some environmental impact but birds are more resilient than that I think.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher

DJT even caved to the Envirowhackos?   Man he had a bad week.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump has always been a strong supporter of the Gorilla Chanel and other wildlife.  Why do NeverTrumpers hate the Earth?

Offline kevindavis007

Trump has always been a strong supporter of the Gorilla Chanel and other wildlife.  Why do NeverTrumpers hate the Earth?

There are other planets for us to live on.. Not sure which one yet.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher

Yes, I am a conservative DJT critic, but not a Never Trumper.  OTOH   you might be a tad  naive, if you do not know the difference between the envirowhacko agenda and every day people who have common sense to know the importance of balancing human activities and the ecosystem.  As an avid fisherman and hunter, I'll further vouch for that need.

Back say pre-1980, there very much was a need to properly treat wastewater, handle waste from our manufacturing , and develop cost effective technologies that minimized impact on ambient air.   But guess what, things got out of hand .....   The Envirowhackos got the upper hand, and the cost/benefit ratio of what was being spent went to hell, and was putting our country at a competitive disadvantage.  The envirowhackos are the most militant of left wing zealots who use this issue much the way Antifa does...economic terrorism. 

Protecting the environment is one thing. Spending $B's  to impact projects with little or no benefit is another.  Truth is that the number of jobs lost out there due to this stupidity is a dirty little secret that your politicians would rather you not know.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goodwithagun

Lol! Good one!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Anybody think the wetbacks will care how pristine that refuge is once they traipse across it?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
You guys are missing all the good stuff where Trump, McConnell, and Ryan have cleverly allowed the building of the wall through military spending included in the bill as a national defense project.    *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Trump has always been a strong supporter of the Gorilla Chanel and other wildlife. 

That is a false narrative.  Everyone knows Mooche programed the Whitehut TV's to only show channels NatGeo, Nature Chan and Neeked and Afraid.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online libertybele

What a crock of b.s.  Perhaps instead of signing it grudgingly, he shouldn't sign it at all.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:30:55 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Vulcan

The art of the deal has been played on his supporters.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Anyone way guess where the new entry point for all the illegals will be?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!