Author Topic: You Twisted My Arm – I’ll Sign It: Trump Dumps A $1.3 Trillion Spending Bill On The U.S. Taxpayers  (Read 905 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Susan Wright
https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/03/23/twisted-arm-ill-sign-trump-dumps-a-1.3-trillion-spending-bill-on-the-u.s.-taxpayers/

So, who took Trump’s threat to veto this monstrosity as a serious threat to end government overspending?

Suckers.

He’s not draining the swamp. He IS the swamp.

I can sense the quivering lips of pouty Trumpidian devotees, torn between condemning this horrible, big government spending bill, and remaining faithful to their liege, no matter what . . .

. . . With a flourish, Trump touted the defense spending included in the bill as reason enough to sign off on a bill that nobody has had an opportunity to read . . . After today’s press conference, I expect to see a lot of praise for the defense spending (which was needed), as if the defense spending is the bulk of the bill.

It’s not.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I guess they had to pass the bill and Donaldus Minimus had to sign it so we could figure out what was in it.

Sound familiar?

---EA.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline roamer_1

There it is.

Online GrouchoTex

I just posted this same thing on another thread just 5 minutes ago.

I must have ESPN

:laugh:

Offline roamer_1

I must have ESPN

Ahh... telepathetic, eh?  :whistle:
 :beer:

Online DB

I must have ESPN

So what's the "N" part?

Online GrouchoTex

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
So what's the "N" part?
Maybe he figures that if he got this one right he might have a bead on who's going to be in the World Series, Berra's Law
notwithstanding . . .  :laugh:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DB

Maybe he figures that if he got this one right he might have a bead on who's going to be in the World Series, Berra's Law

I was thinking he's bragging he's got cable.

Online GrouchoTex

Well, I did have a rooting interest in that team that won it last year....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
There it is.

Don't worry.  DCP, RIV, Tom C, and the others in the  orange faction will spin and conjure this thing into a major Trump triumph in no time.

Is anyone keeping score of busted campaign promises yet?  He's got to be pushing the Mendoza line.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:02:20 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

Don't worry.  DCP, RIV, Tom C, and the others in the  orange faction will spin and conjure this thing into a major Trump triumph in no time.

I dunno... I don't see any amount of trumpsplainin' sweeping this one under the rug. Most of the orange brigade is more concerned by financials than any other thing...

Online DB

I dunno... I don't see any amount of trumpsplainin' sweeping this one under the rug. Most of the orange brigade is more concerned by financials than any other thing...

Give them a day or two. I've been pretty impressed at what they've come up with in the past after given a little time.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Give them a day or two. I've been pretty impressed at what they've come up with in the past after given a little time.

How do you defend the indefensible? 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Sometimes they have to try Jedi Mind Tricks. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

I don't know.  The Freeper Mother Ship has been sputtering lately.

Online DB

"He's better than Hillary" seems to be the most popular retort... The lesser of two evils and all...

Offline roamer_1

Welll... Tump. jussayin... :whistle: