Author Topic: Bastards! Congress Gives Itself A Bonus in New Omnibus Spending Bill  (Read 1141 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The Jackasses cannot do their job and pass a "normal" budget, but they reward themselves with a generous BONUS  for themselves and staff.   How nice it is to be able to vote yourself largesse out of taxpayers' pockets while stripping them of their rights and impoverishing them and their posterity.   The bill is also larded with all kinds of fun pork such as wine label accuracy and money to research prevention of 'elderly falls'.

Congress Gives Itself a Bonus in Omnibus: Senate increases budget by $48 million, salaries by $12 million - House increased its budget to $1.2 billion

The Senate increased its total salaries of officers and employees by $12.6 million in the 2,232-page bill that lawmakers had fewer than 48 hours to read and vote on. The bill avoids a government shutdown that would take place at midnight on Friday.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Bastards! Congress Gives Itself A Bonus in New Omnibus Spending Bill
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 01:09:34 pm »
And I will not vote for a single one of them in November!  Not a one even if I have to write in someone's name.

And If the President signs this monstrosity HE will not be getting a vote from me in the future either!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 01:26:51 pm »

"Dumb bastards fell for it again. Have another snort, Chuck..."
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 01:38:45 pm »
And I will not vote for a single one of them in November!  Not a one even if I have to write in someone's name.

And If the President signs this monstrosity HE will not be getting a vote from me in the future either!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-seventh_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 01:54:58 pm »
The Jackasses cannot do their job and pass a "normal" budget, but they reward themselves with a generous BONUS  for themselves and staff.   How nice it is to be able to vote yourself largesse out of taxpayers' pockets while stripping them of their rights and impoverishing them and their posterity.   The bill is also larded with all kinds of fun pork such as wine label accuracy and money to research prevention of 'elderly falls'.

They are drunk with power.  Silly fools.

We The People are going to have set them straight.

:nono:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 01:59:11 pm »
The Senate increased its total salaries of officers and employees by $12.6 million

It's nice they are giving increases to their hard working staff, who are often also family members.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 02:08:44 pm »

If one thinks voting or not voting for these cretins is going to 'set them straight', one does not understand the nature of men who are drunk with power.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 02:13:03 pm »

Funny, I thought we already did on Jan 20, 2017.

Mr. Trump said that Jan. 20, 2017 “will be remembered as the day that the people became the rulers of this nation again.”

Definitely guffaw worthy.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:13:52 pm by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 02:38:47 pm »
Bastards indeed.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 02:55:15 pm »
The Jackasses cannot do their job and pass a "normal" budget, but they reward themselves with a generous BONUS  for themselves and staff.   

When I was young, I always wondered how a France in 1789 could ever happen.      :pondering:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 02:58:48 pm »
When I was young, I always wondered how a France in 1789 could ever happen.      :pondering:

Exactly.

It helps things along when Weimar implodes.  Except like France, our Weimar will have been self-induced.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 03:01:34 pm »
No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.

- US Constitution, 27th Amendment.

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 03:11:23 pm »

Delacroix just wanted an excuse to paint a patriotic picture that included boobs.

Offline WilliamVA

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 03:23:12 pm »
http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress-gives-bonus-omnibus/

Congress Gives Itself a Bonus in Omnibus
Senate increases budget by $48 million, salaries by $12 million

In reading the full article, which was referenced in the picture at the top of the thread,
it appears there are some misconceptions here.  Congress did not vote itself a payraise,
Congress did vote a 48M million dollar increase in SENATE operating expenses, including
staff salaries.   The HOUSE did not increase staff salaries, and reduced overall operating
expenses.   No Senator or Congressman is getting a pay raise off this bill, and the last
time Congress voted itself a pay raise was in 2009

The projected pay increase for Military, Civil Service, and other benefit groups for
2019 is 2.6 percent, a .7 percent increase over the current year.   Does not apply
to elected members of Congress.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 05:23:26 pm »
http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress-gives-bonus-omnibus/

Congress Gives Itself a Bonus in Omnibus
Senate increases budget by $48 million, salaries by $12 million

In reading the full article, which was referenced in the picture at the top of the thread,
it appears there are some misconceptions here.  Congress did not vote itself a payraise,
Congress did vote a 48M million dollar increase in SENATE operating expenses, including
staff salaries.   The HOUSE did not increase staff salaries, and reduced overall operating
expenses.   No Senator or Congressman is getting a pay raise off this bill, and the last
time Congress voted itself a pay raise was in 2009

The projected pay increase for Military, Civil Service, and other benefit groups for
2019 is 2.6 percent, a .7 percent increase over the current year.   Does not apply
to elected members of Congress.

@WilliamVA

Thanks for taking the time to actually read through the thing.  It's still a monstrosity but a tiny bit less of one than I originally thought.  Not enough less to make me vote for any of the bastards again however.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 05:25:32 pm »
Thanks for the clarification @WilliamVA
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 02:09:27 am »
@WilliamVA

RE your gravtar. Motto.

You have not succeeded in annoying me yet. And with posts like this one, . . . . your 4th, . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:11:26 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WilliamVA

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 07:14:42 pm »
@WilliamVA

RE your gravtar. Motto.

You have not succeeded in annoying me yet. And with posts like this one, . . . . your 4th, . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

Lol, tks.

Yep, it is a messy bill, but there is that funny word in that bill   "Discretionary",  this  is not the manditory spending
that the Fed does every year.  Still I'd rather this President, then all the options that were available. 

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 07:17:11 pm »
Lol, tks.

Yep, it is a messy bill, but there is that funny word in that bill   "Discretionary",  this  is not the manditory spending
that the Fed does every year.  Still I'd rather this President, then all the options that were available.

Nice way to rename a pile of hot steaming shit........

This president said he would rein in Fedzilla
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:17:37 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 10:59:55 am »
So much for "drain the swamp":  the swamp is not only alive but thriving!   9999hair out0000
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.