Author Topic: Man dies after getting head trapped in cinema seat  (Read 482 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Man dies after getting head trapped in cinema seat
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:18:48 pm »
 A man whose head became wedged under the electronic footrest of a cinema seat has died.

In a statement from operator Vue International, the cinema said the man died on March 16, a week after the incident.

An investigation into the accident at the Vue cinema in Birmingham's Star City leisure complex on March 9 is continuing.

Sources quoted in the Birmingham Mail described how the "freak" accident happened after the man bent down to retrieve a phone, dropped between Gold Class seats, at the end of a movie.

The victim, who was with his partner, was only freed after the footrest was broken by those trying to help.

West Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed it was called to reports of a patient in cardiac arrest.

Crews managed to restart the man's heart and he was taken to the city's Heartlands Hospital.

In a statement, Vue International said: "Following an incident which took place on Friday 9 March at our Birmingham cinema, we can confirm that a customer was taken to hospital that evening.

https://www.indy100.com/article/man-dies-after-getting-stuck-in-cinema-seat-in-freak-accident-8265221?utm_source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Man dies after getting head trapped in cinema seat
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:35:13 pm »
How is this not the ridiculous news of the day? **nononono*

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 07:45:53 pm »
I hate when that happens.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 07:52:27 pm »
I hate when that happens.

Wonder if they were able to get the dried gum out of his hair?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 04:26:19 am »
Wonder if they were able to get the dried gum out of his hair?
@Wingnut
After re reading this line in the articleThe victim, who was with his partner, was only freed after the footrest was broken by those trying to help. I have to admit that thoughts of sympathy were  edged out by other thoughts when I read your post and a sudden wave of humor struck as I read "dried gum".