Author Topic: DEMOCRATS’ OBSTRUCTIONISM IS UNPRECEDENTED  (Read 709 times)

Offline endicom

DEMOCRATS’ OBSTRUCTIONISM IS UNPRECEDENTED
« on: March 20, 2018, 01:22:27 am »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
Mar. 19, 2018

When the Democrats say, “He’s not my president,” they aren’t kidding. Most Democrats still refuse to accept the result of the 2016 election, and their party consistently refuses to extend to President Trump the routine cooperation that makes our democracy function. The most blatant example of this is the Democratic minority in the Senate. The Democrats under Chuck Schumer have abused longstanding Senate rules and courtesies in a way that we have never seen before.

On Friday Marc Short, the administration’s Director of Legislative Affairs, joined Sarah Sanders at a White House press briefing. He laid out the facts regarding the Democrats’ unprecedented obstructionism, beginning with a description of the nomination process:

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/03/democrats-obstructionism-is-unprecedented.php

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: DEMOCRATS’ OBSTRUCTIONISM IS UNPRECEDENTED
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 01:33:30 am »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
Mar. 19, 2018

When the Democrats say, “He’s not my president,” they aren’t kidding. Most Democrats still refuse to accept the result of the 2016 election, and their party consistently refuses to extend to President Trump the routine cooperation that makes our democracy function. The most blatant example of this is the Democratic minority in the Senate. The Democrats under Chuck Schumer have abused longstanding Senate rules and courtesies in a way that we have never seen before.

On Friday Marc Short, the administration’s Director of Legislative Affairs, joined Sarah Sanders at a White House press briefing. He laid out the facts regarding the Democrats’ unprecedented obstructionism, beginning with a description of the nomination process:

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/03/democrats-obstructionism-is-unprecedented.php

Unfortunately, I think they're operating under the "tit-for-tat" rule as applied by the Republican Congress to President Obama.  Not that that makes it okay.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 02:04:16 am »
Unfortunately, I think they're operating under the "tit-for-tat" rule as applied by the Republican Congress to President Obama.  Not that that makes it okay.

You would be wrong.

The Republicans helped serve much of Obamas agenda to him on a silver platter and looked the other way when Constitutional abridgment and corruption were evident.

Plus, they went right along with the Democrats to surrender congress' own duties and obligations to the Executive branch.

Of course now that Trump is in the White House - it is time for total obstruction, so when they get it back the GOP can once again help finalize the Imperial Presidency they have helped the Democrats create.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 12:21:28 am »
You would be wrong.

The Republicans helped serve much of Obamas agenda to him on a silver platter and looked the other way when Constitutional abridgment and corruption were evident.

Plus, they went right along with the Democrats to surrender congress' own duties and obligations to the Executive branch.

Of course now that Trump is in the White House - it is time for total obstruction, so when they get it back the GOP can once again help finalize the Imperial Presidency they have helped the Democrats create.

...and the prime example is the trillion dollar omnibus bill that Trump just signed!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.