Author Topic: 'Sex In The City' Star Cynthia Nixon Running For Governor (NY)  (Read 740 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Former "Sex and the City" star Cynthia Nixon says she'll challenge Gov. Andrew Cuomo in New York's Democratic primary in September.

Her announcement Monday sets up a race pitting an openly gay liberal activist against a two-term incumbent with a $30 million war chest and possible presidential ambitions.

In a video on Twitter, the public education advocate says "We want our government to work again."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sex-city-star-cynthia-nixon-running-governor-182048227.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: 'Sex In The City' Star Cynthia Nixon Running For Governor (NY)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 06:46:16 pm »
The debates with Cuomo ought to be a train wreck.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 06:47:19 pm »

I like watching those.  Train wrecks that is!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 11:39:41 pm »
Oh, he won't debate. He can't debate. He doesn't dare give anyone that kind of attention.

I hope Nixon wins. I doubt she will, given the iron fist New York's political machine has on this state. As usual, the GOP has offered up nothing to suggest they are going to put up any meaningful challenge. They put up the guy who lost a Senate leadership battle as the sacrificial lamb (and thus get him out of his Senate seat). There are others in the party trying to push an obscure party insider and mid-level politician. For the third straight election cycle, both major governor candidates will be of the same ethnicity, as if they're the only ones allowed to run.

Ed Cox, the state GOP boss, has run the New York Republican Party into the ground, and yet the party keeps re-electing him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 11:46:58 pm »

@edpc

No big deal. She couldn't be worse than Mini-Mario if she tried,and this IS NY. It ain't like it is in America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 12:00:18 am »
The Rat party in NY is so corrupt that this dizzy dyke doesn't have a chance in hell to win.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 12:03:30 am »
The Rat party in NY is so corrupt that this dizzy dyke doesn't have a chance in hell to win.

@Frank Cannon

I hope you are right because I am going to enjoy hearing the sexual left shriek at Mini-Mario for being a "genderist sexist",or some such nonsense,and then watch him try to fight it without pissing off his base.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 12:06:22 am »
@Frank Cannon

I hope you are right because I am going to enjoy hearing the sexual left shriek at Mini-Mario for being a "genderist sexist",or some such nonsense,and then watch him try to fight it without pissing off his base.

No one will know it ever happened. Albany is a corrupt machine that has so many players that when voting machines delete her name and her filing papers get lost, some low level slug will take the heat and mumbly Cuomo will not be touched.

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 12:23:10 am »
Lets just get rid elections and do it by lottery... Kind of like the military draft... I don't think it would get much worse since we're now to the point that it is a popularity contest between celebrity entertainers...