Author Topic: Legal immigration has soared as illegal entries have dwindled  (Read 279 times)

rangerrebew

Legal immigration has soared as illegal entries have dwindled

David J. Bier, Contributor

Here's the paradox of immigration in America right now: The economy is roaring, and wages are rising, yet 2017 was another year of virtually no illegal border crossings. On average, each Border Patrol agent apprehended just 16 people all year — one every three weeks, tied for the lowest rate since World War II. This is down from when Border Patrol agents apprehended an average of 261 crossers per agent in 1996.

Where have the illegal crossers gone? Newly released statistics from the Department of State give a plausible answer: They haven't disappeared; they've become legal.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2018/03/14/legal-immigration-soared-illegal-entries-dwindled
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:00:20 am by rangerrebew »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Legal immigration has soared as illegal entries have dwindled
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 04:18:02 pm »
This is an interesting article about a less-discussed aspect of immigration.  The increase in H2A and B visas makes biometrics even more important.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Legal immigration has soared as illegal entries have dwindled
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 10:38:52 pm »
Legal or illegal -- the time has come in our history to END or at least severely limit ALL immigration for a period of at least 50 years.

We're "full up".
We don' need no mo'...

Addendum:
I would make an exception for the white South Africans and Rhodesians facing genocide at the hands of their respective black governments. We -do- need those volks!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 11:23:53 pm by Fishrrman »