Author Topic: The 'scandal' of Perla Morales-Luna's arrest is fake news  (Read 393 times)

rangerrebew

The 'scandal' of Perla Morales-Luna's arrest is fake news
« on: March 12, 2018, 12:03:50 pm »
The 'scandal' of Perla Morales-Luna's arrest is fake news
by Tom Rogan
 | March 09, 2018 04:41 PM

The arrest of Perla Morales-Luna on March 3 in San Diego is an absolute nonscandal.

Yes, at first glance the video looks a little concerning. It shows a mother being separated from her screaming family as Customs and Border Patrol officers struggle to put her in the back of a vehicle.

But only at first glance. Because if you watch again you'll see that the CBP officers use proportionate force and good efficiency in getting Morales-Luna off the street and into custody. That's the best way to ensure no one is harmed and the situation isn't escalated unnecessarily. Moreover, the CBP wasn't simply detaining Morales-Luna because she was just a random illegal immigrant.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-scandal-of-perla-morales-lunas-arrest-is-fake-news/article/2651213
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:06:05 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: The 'scandal' of Perla Morales-Luna's arrest is fake news
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:06:31 am »
I don't think they had a "public safety" reason not to arrest her at home.  I think they should be open that they clearly wanted to send a very public message.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.