Author Topic: Abolishing ICE Looks Likely To Become 2020 Campaign Issue For Democrats  (Read 533 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: DAILY CALLER

URL: http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/09/democrats-abolish-ice/

by Peter Hasson

Left-wing pundits and activists are increasing pressure on Democratic politicians to embrace the fringe position of abolishing ICE.

Once a fringe idea on the far-left, abolishing the nation’s immigration enforcement agency now looks likely to become a campaign issue in the Democrats’ 2020 presidential primary.

Former Hillary Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon came out for abolishing the agency in January. “ICE operates as an unaccountable deportation force,” Fallon argued. “Dems running in 2020 should campaign on ending the agency in its current form.”

“Should ICE exist?” MSNBC host Chris Hayes asked Democratic California Sen. Kamala Harris on Thursday. Harris’s answer — “certainly” ICE should exist — sparked a backlash among some liberals.

Liberal writer Jack Mirkinson on Friday slammed Harris for her answer in an article titled, “Not Good Enough, Kamala Harris.”

“Any serious defender of undocumented people in this country would look at ICE and know that it is a cancer that needs to be excised from the U.S. Pretending that the most diseased levers of state power can be molded into something better is a useless fantasy. ICE must be abolished. Anything less is not good enough,” Mirkinson wrote on Splinter, a left-wing website.

“Kamala Harris is very likely running for president in 2020. It should be a political problem for her that she is not willing to take her criticisms of ICE to their logical conclusion and call for its abolition. She should be asked, over and over again, why exactly she is willing to uphold the legitimacy of such a racist, corrupt, and thuggish organization,” Markinson concluded.

“Anyone else who decides to run—Bernie Sanders, Kirsten Gillibrand, Elizabeth Warren, Eric Garcetti, you name it—should be asked the same question.”

Left-wing publication The Nation on Friday pushed out a similar piece, entitled “It’s Time to Abolish ICE.”

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good idea.  Dovetails perfectly with hiking taxes and grabbing guns.  They really need to claim victory across the board and go for Single Payer Healthcare.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Rats can't have anyone deporting their voters willy nilly.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

Good idea.  Dovetails perfectly with hiking taxes and grabbing guns.  They really need to claim victory across the board and go for Single Payer Healthcare.

Democrats seem to be putting the cart before the horse here - they need to wait until there're 30 or 40 million more voting illegals in the country before launching their anti-ICE campaign.

I'm not sure most Americans are quite down yet with the idea of millions more criminal aliens running amok in the nation, running over pedestrians drunk, breaking and entering & molesting minors.

But hell if democrats think this is the way to go they certainly have my blessing.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is only the beginning. I am hearing more and more about Democrats pushing to eliminate Police, Sheriff, and the FBI. All law enforcement, courts, and elections, will be done by Homeland Security under direct control of the government.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is only the beginning. I am hearing more and more about Democrats pushing to eliminate Police, Sheriff, and the FBI. All law enforcement, courts, and elections, will be done by Homeland Security under direct control of the government.

If they seriously push these arguments they'll be lucky to get 25% of the votes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

ICE is Homeland...so is the FBI. And they won't want to put things UNDER Homeland, they will want to get rid of Homeland Security. In the ranks, Homeland is heavy with law enforcement professionals, veterans and a whole lot of very patriotic folks...not the kind of people the Libs would want to have power.

Like the FBI, CIA, ICE and most other agencies these days...it IS true that the senior leadership is becoming infected with political lefties. What NEEDS to happen is professionalization at the senior ranks...promotions from within to the upper echelons (below cabinet level of course) rather than political appointees.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's obvious they've completely given up on the blue collar worker, who despises illegal immigration regardles of the party they affiliate with.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's obvious they've completely given up on the blue collar worker, who despises illegal immigration regardles of the party they affiliate with.

That should go poorly for them, that's a lot of their base.  They must be counting on the "I've always voted Dem, and I always will!" crowd.  I wonder how much of that there is?  It's hard to say because the press has ratcheted up the anti-Republican rhetoric quite a bit.  We on the right used to be just evil, now we're baby-eating evil.  And that's just from CNN.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
That should go poorly for them, that's a lot of their base.  They must be counting on the "I've always voted Dem, and I always will!" crowd.  I wonder how much of that there is?  It's hard to say because the press has ratcheted up the anti-Republican rhetoric quite a bit.  We on the right used to be just evil, now we're baby-eating evil.  And that's just from CNN.

I can tell you here in the blue collar Midwest, and working in a factory as I do, that if Trump has done one good thing it's been this - woken up the formerly Democrat voting blue collar worker. He's near single handedly sawed that wing away from their party.

Now that the Rubicon is crossed, I don't think there is any going back. The Dems will never own that demographic lock and stock like they did for nearly 100 years.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

Re: Abolishing ICE Looks Likely To Become 2020 Campaign Issue For Democrats
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 07:53:53 pm »
I can tell you here in the blue collar Midwest, and working in a factory as I do, that if Trump has done one good thing it's been this - woken up the formerly Democrat voting blue collar worker. He's near single handedly sawed that wing away from their party.

Now that the Rubicon is crossed, I don't think there is any going back. The Dems will never own that demographic lock and stock like they did for nearly 100 years.

The Rats have made the calculation that they don't need this vote. All they need is for the natural born children of the unending flow of illegal immigrants to vote for them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 07:59:46 pm »
The Rats have made the calculation that they don't need this vote. All they need is for the natural born children of the unending flow of illegal immigrants to vote for them.

How true that is. The Democrats have become so far pro-illegal, that they have become in a way anti-American. They have certainly thrown off the idea of getting any normal White people to vote for them and they have thrown the Black vote under the bus.

The Dems have put all their chips on illegals, they don't care about anyone else. That is huge bet, and a stupid weird one too, in my opinion.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 08:01:08 pm »

In a way, we're in a marathon. They want to change (and balkanize) the demographics to their favor, we want to shore up the laws to cut that off at the pass. Unless the GOP (*cough* Mitch McConnell *cough*) gets off their patooties real quick, they are going to win.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 03:09:20 am »
How true that is. The Democrats have become so far pro-illegal, that they have become in a way anti-American. They have certainly thrown off the idea of getting any normal White people to vote for them and they have thrown the Black vote under the bus.

The Dems have put all their chips on illegals, they don't care about anyone else. That is huge bet, and a stupid weird one too, in my opinion.

It doesn't matter what they do or say as far as the Black vote goes. They will get at least 85% of this vote no matter what. The Black community has been indoctrinated with the idea that the Rats are the only ones who care about them and that it is govt's responsibility to make their lives better.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 01:00:17 pm »

Is it any wonder the DNC till is empty this go round?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com