Author Topic: IL Gun Confiscation Bill Passes House - Moves to Senate  (Read 810 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
IL Gun Confiscation Bill Passes House - Moves to Senate
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »
An Ex post facto Camel's Nose Gun Confiscation bill aimed at 18-20 year olds requiring they surrender previously legal firearms, passes the Illinois House and is going to the Senate where it may pass.

The suburbs of Chicago where this bill was sponsored already has numerous townships that have banned our outlawed the possession of firearms in their villages.  It is one of the main reasons I got the hell out of there a couple decades ago.  Oh, and ex post facto laws are perfectly permissible in the Peoples Republic of Chicagoland, as attempting to challenge them in the Cook County court system is a non-starter.

While the bill has wide support among the Communists in that area who gave us Barack Obama, the effort is a hopeful beachhead towards doing the same thing on a national scale.

I urge any citizen behind enemy lines up there, to refuse to comply when they pass this, as well as any "laws" that infringe upon your natural right to keep and bear arms.

Illinois Bill Requiring 18-20-Year-Olds to Hand Over Certain Semi-Automatic Firearms Moves to Senate

A bill requiring 18-20 year olds to hand over or transfer ownership of heretofore legally possessed “assault weapons” is gaining sponsors in the Illinois Senate after passing the House

...After being introduced in the upper house by Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago), the bill has added seven co-sponsors in the last week. Notable among them was Sen. Jim Oberweis (R-Sugar Grove), the NRA “A” rated 2014 Republican nominee for U.S. Senate.

...The bill also requires 18-20-year-olds to forfeit ownership of any magazines that hold more than ten rounds of ammunition...persons under 21 would have 90 days to give up ownership, should HB 1465 become law.

Fox 2 reports that critics of Mussman’s bill were taken aback by “the idea that the government would confiscate property.”
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: IL Gun Confiscation Bill Passes House - Moves to Senate
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 02:05:53 pm »
Confiscation is the Australian model touted by liberals on social media.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 02:17:49 pm »
Confiscation is the Australian model touted by liberals on social media.

All platforms apparently as Youtube and iTunes are scrubbing all podcasts and videos that are pro-2nd Amendment and Conservative apparently.

When government passes such 'laws' - government ceases to have any legitimate authority over a free people.  At that point it is our right and duty to defy them and work to abolish it altogether seeking to find a different form to which we consent to be governed by, rather than the benevolent tyranny we are grown comfortable under.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 10:37:28 pm »
And they said it couldn't happen here......

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 11:13:55 pm »
So they know who the 18-20 year olds are?  Hmmm.....I always heard registration doesn't lead to confiscation.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 11:27:10 pm »
So they know who the 18-20 year olds are?  Hmmm.....I always heard registration doesn't lead to confiscation.

Yes.  Our resident leftist will ridicule anyone warning of it to emphasize that very same point.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 01:28:06 am »
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/133469/The_Turner_Diaries.pdf

Once again, go to the page above and read the subtitle.

It might just be closer than you think...

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 01:45:12 am »
All platforms apparently as Youtube and iTunes are scrubbing all podcasts and videos that are pro-2nd Amendment and Conservative apparently.

I don't know about iTunes but there are tons of pro gun videos on YouTube.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 10:15:17 am »
I don't know about iTunes but there are tons of pro gun videos on YouTube.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure the people that post those videos and run the gun reciew/discussion channels are being run off by the gun grabbers and anti 2A types with a cyber version of "swatting". Some of the people that run the channels make their livelihood from them and YoiTube is moving to demonetize any channel having to do with guns.

The guy that runs Military Arms Channel has taken down all of his gun review videos because of the harassment he's receiving on YouTube and moved them to another website.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 02:10:02 pm »
Yes.  Our resident leftist will ridicule anyone warning of it to emphasize that very same point.

It's our nature to think people view things the way we do. He may have no desire himself to confiscate firearms but it's wrong to then assume others don't
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:10:56 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 02:21:55 pm »
The arguement is that it only affects 18 to 20 year olds with certain types of firearms.

They claim it won't be a door-to-door search (until it becomes one).

They claim it only affects certain "common" semi- automatic weapons, like AR-15's. (until it becomes all firearms)

We were warned, we "bitter clingers".

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 02:24:59 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure the people that post those videos and run the gun reciew/discussion channels are being run off by the gun grabbers and anti 2A types with a cyber version of "swatting". Some of the people that run the channels make their livelihood from them and YoiTube is moving to demonetize any channel having to do with guns.

The guy that runs Military Arms Channel has taken down all of his gun review videos because of the harassment he's receiving on YouTube and moved them to another website.

They must really have it in for Hickcock45.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 02:31:13 pm »
If Rauner does sign this bill you can kiss his ass goodbye.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 03:10:13 pm »

They must really have it in for Hickcock45.

They do. He and his son Jon have addressed the problem as well.

Someone went in the other day and made a complaint against a 5 year old review on a black powder rifle.

That counted as a strike towards getting their channel out in time out.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 11:37:14 pm »
"IL Gun Confiscation Bill Passes House - Moves to Senate"

Make no mistake: this is going to pass the IL legislature.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican governor signs it.
From there, what happens afterward is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:37:50 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 12:18:09 am »
"IL Gun Confiscation Bill Passes House - Moves to Senate"

Make no mistake: this is going to pass the IL legislature.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican governor signs it.
From there, what happens afterward is anyone's guess.

He'll sign it.  Most Republicans there in Chicagoland's NW & SW burbs are essentially late 80's Liberal Democrats.  And they control the state opposition to the overt Communist Democrats there.