Author Topic: Liberal Science Strikes Again: People Offended By Body Odor Are Racist  (Read 263 times)

rangerrebew

Liberal Science Strikes Again: People Offended By Body Odor Are Racist

March 1, 2018| by Brian Anderson

Have you ever been on an elevator or train and the person next to you smells like a fart-soaked jock strap? If you find that offensive, liberal science says you are a racist. This is no joke. Liberal scientists have been hard at work to prove everything is racist and their latest breakthrough shows that being offended by body odor is the tell-tale sign of both racists and Trump-supporters, which are technically the same thing according to the left.

Try not to laugh at this headline from liberal website Raw Story: Trump supporters’ disgust for human body odor may explain their desire for authoritarian rulers: study

The article is just as hilarious:

https://downtrend.com/71superb/liberal-science-strikes-again-people-offended-by-body-odor-are-racist/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Grease and Sweat: Race and Smell in Eighteenth-Century English Culture

From 1690 to 1800 texts printed in England linked racial difference and foul odour through understandings of occupation, food, cosmetics and sweat. Even by the end of the eighteenth-century racial odour was represented as a labile, culturally and environmentally determined characteristic. This article traces how the social ‘use’ of olfactory stereotypes, particularly their links with cosmetics, food, and odorous spaces, determined the mobilization of explanations for and attitudes to racial scent. It argues that ideas of race should not be considered monolithic or described in terms of narratives that posit a divide between the body/culture, but that racial stereotypes should be understood as collections of traits, of which smell was one, with distinctive histories.

In 1802 the natural historian Lorenz Oken elaborated a typology of race which, born of frustration at the inability of skin colour to serve the purpose, distinguished between races by associating them with specific bodily senses. The white European was the ‘eye man’ whilst various other races were classified as ‘ear’ (Asian), ‘nose’ (Native Americans), ‘tongue’ (Australian), and ‘skin’ (African) men.1
1. Lorenz Oken, Elements of Physiophilosophy, trans. Alfred Tulk (London, 1847), p. 651.
View all notes
 Throughout the eighteenth-century, the senses had played an important part in constructing ideas of ‘race’. The supposed sensory sagacity of Native Americans and the insensitivity of African skin provide two such examples.2
2. Isacc Weld Jr., Travels Through the States of North America and the Provinces of Upper and Lower Canada During the Years 1795, 1796, and 1797, 2vols (London, 1799), II, 249; A. J. Rotter, ‘Empires of the Senses: How Seeing, Hearing, Smelling, Tasting, and Touching Shaped Imperial Encounters’, Diplomatic History, 35:1 (2011), p. 15.
View all notes
Understanding the role of smelling, both transitively and intransitively, also has important implications for our understanding of the social experience of, and ideas about, race.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14780038.2016.1202008
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline the_doc

Something stinks here.

Offline musiclady

I can't help it.  My Swedish Mama gave me her great olfactory nerves and I smell bad stuff.

Including the white guy sitting in front of me on the last plane I took who forgot to shower.

I guess that makes me a racist, eh??  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

Marco Tullio Liuzza et al. Body odour disgust sensitivity predicts authoritarian attitudes, Royal Society Open Science (2018). DOI: 10.1098/rsos.171091 or http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/5/2/171091
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:54:24 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn