Author Topic: Michelle Obama’s Must-Read Memoir Hits Shelves This Fall  (Read 798 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Michelle Obama’s Must-Read Memoir Hits Shelves This Fall
« on: February 25, 2018, 07:23:31 pm »
Oh the Excitement of it all!  Moochie's Memoir.

Mark your calendars: former First Lady Michelle Obama has announced that her first memoir, titled Becoming, will hit bookshelves on November 13 this year, and will simultaneously be published in 24 languages around the world.

“Writing Becoming has been a deeply personal experience,” Obama told People on Sunday. “It has allowed me, for the very first time, the space to honestly reflect on the unexpected trajectory of my life … how a little girl from the South Side of Chicago found her voice and developed the strength to use it to empower others.”

Obama’s memoir will no doubt continue to shine a light on her life in unexpected ways, much as her official portrait for the Smithsonian does. Markus Dohle, C.E.O. of Penguin Random House, called Becoming “an unusually intimate reckoning from a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations—and whose story inspires us to do the same.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/02/michelle-obama-memoir-becoming-november?mbid=social_facebook
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Michelle Obama’s Must-Read Memoir Hits Shelves This Fall
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 07:27:14 pm »
 Markus Dohle, C.E.O. of Penguin Random House, called Becoming “an unusually intimate reckoning from a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations—and whose story inspires us to do the same.”

Excuse me....

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:35:38 pm »
Becoming....?  Is she finally going all in with the transition surgery?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:39:37 pm »
Becoming....?  Is she finally going all in with the transition surgery?

I think she already has.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 08:59:36 pm »
In about a week this book will be available at the your nearest dump....

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 10:57:14 pm »
I "must" read this like I must stick sharpened pencils in my eyes.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 11:05:31 pm »
In about a week this book will be available at the your nearest dump....

Even Walmat won't put crap like that in the Dollar bin.   

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 11:09:31 pm »

Are they going to put it in the politics or men’s health/fitness section?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 11:14:20 pm »
This book will rival Jimmy Carter's "Before I Was President: my life as a peanut farmer" in the numbers of  books sold by people who have infested...er...inhabited the White House.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 03:56:39 am »
Will it be filed next to the Eva Peron story or in the Gender Studies section?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 12:01:01 pm »
Guys, be nice.  The Obamas need the money.  They can't steal our tax dollars anymore to finance their lavish lifestyles.  Michelle has to do something to earn money.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 12:02:49 pm by Applewood »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 12:51:02 pm »
Guys, be nice.  The Obamas need the money.  They can't steal our tax dollars anymore to finance their lavish lifestyles.  Michelle has to do something to earn money.
She could always get her old job in Chicago back...you know, the one where she was paid 300,000 clams annually for being the wife of Barack Obama.

From Wikipedia:
"According to the couple's 2006 income tax return, her salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals, while her husband had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate. The Obamas' total income, however, was $991,296, which included $51,200 she earned as a member of the board of directors of TreeHouse Foods, and investments and royalties from his books."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 02:44:45 pm »
I'd buy it,but I am already scheduled to be sleeping that day.

I guess I could go buy it as a sleep aid if I have trouble nodding off,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 02:45:34 pm »
I won't buy it even when it's in the $1.98 bin (approximately 7 days after its release).

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 03:01:56 pm »
I won't buy it even when it's in the $1.98 bin (approximately 7 days after its release).

If a smart aleck relative gives me that book for any reason, they’re out of the will.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 03:28:04 pm »
If a smart aleck relative gives me that book for any reason, they’re out of the will.

This place would have to be Venezuela for that book to have even 98 cents of value.

Venezuela, the country that couldn't provide TP.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 07:22:14 pm »

@mountaineer

Not to worry about seeing it clogging up the book shelves. It is an automatic best-seller. What few books aren't bought up by blacks in the throes of hero worship will be bought up by Dim activists using tax-payer money in one form or another.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 11:19:18 pm »
I can't wait to read how she wasn't proud of our country, while she got full rides to Princeton and Harvard Law, until the pouf she's bearding for got elected to the pResidency. And how her mother enjoyed her time in the Rainbow White House. Yeah, I'll be reading it. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 02:06:08 pm »
February 27, 2018
Becoming Michelle Obama
By Jeannie DeAngelis
In time for Thanksgiving 2018, Michelle Obama's memoir is due for release.  The book, which should be entitled Enjoying a Bigger Piece of Your Pie, will instead be titled Becoming.

According to the former FLOTUS, the "highly anticipated" tome details what Michelle O calls a "deeply personal experience."  And well it should, because she and her world-renowned author husband reached a hefty $65-million two-book deal with Penguin Random House – a formidable amount of wealth that neither Shelly nor Barry is likely to be spreading around anytime soon.  ...

Forgetting that America has heard all that bootstrap-racial oppression malarkey before, of late, Michelle has given glimpses into the biographical vistas Becoming will explore.  Last year, for instance, for the 50,000th time, Michelle reiterated to the Hartford Courant that her "[p]arents weren't wealthy."  That was true until Mama Marian Robinson moved into the White House and received reparations in the form of four or more $4-million vacations a year – compliments of the U.S. taxpayer.

Comparing her former home to the $8.1-million mansion she currently occupies in the posh Kalorama section of Washington, D.C., Michelle poured it on when she told the Connecticut news site, "They weren't fancy folks.  But we had a good childhood, living in a little, bitty apartment."    ...
At any rate, Becoming is unquestionably an appropriate title for this memoir, because while she was the first lady, Michelle became many things.

Take for instance Michelle becoming a world-class organic gardener, a master of the hula hoop, a connoisseur of haute couture, and a backup dancer for Bruno Mars.  During her eight years in office, Michelle was also becoming a dictatorial lunch lady, a pumped-up biceps icon, a jet fuel-guzzling Air Force One traveler, a Hollywood elbow-rubber, a fried fat cake eater, a Target shopper, and an advocate for breastfeeding and bringing home Nigerian girls kidnapped by Boko Haram.  ...
More at American Thinker

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 02:54:32 pm »
I wonder who is writing it?

Offline WingNot

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 05:40:58 pm »
I wonder who is writing it?

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

It will surely take less time to write Mooches Bio.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 06:37:44 pm »
February 27, 2018
Becoming Michelle Obama
By Jeannie DeAngelisMore at American Thinker

@mountaineer

Take for instance Michelle becoming a world-class organic gardener,

One might even say a pioneer in Nuclear Farming after it was discovered her veggie garden at the Off-White House was radioactive. No wonder she was growing carrots as big as baseball bats!

Having some fun with the dummy,here. We all know she had nothing to do with that garden other than take credit for the work she ordered others to do,and pose for photos.