Author Topic: You Won’t Believe This Near Foolproof Method for Ending Mass School Shootings  (Read 929 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You Won’t Believe This Near Foolproof Method for Ending Mass School Shootings

Posted at 7:30 pm on February 22, 2018 by Kira Davis

Excerpt:

90% of homeless and runaway teens
71% of adolescent substance abusers
80% of adolescents in mental health facilities
70% of children in juvenile detention
60% of rapists
70% of teenage mothers

Kids born to fatherless families are 44% more likely to raise children in poverty, twice as likely to commit suicide and nine times more likely to drop out of school than their peers from nuclear families.

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2018/02/22/468485/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Every time we 'adjust' the Bill of Rights or the conditions/Family it's predicated upon, we end up crippling something/someone instead of improving anything.

Like that old saw about how The older I got the smarter my Dad got.

Longer I live with the Founders the smarter they get.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

You Won’t Believe This Near Foolproof Method for Ending Mass School Shootings

Posted at 7:30 pm on February 22, 2018 by Kira Davis

Excerpt:

90% of homeless and runaway teens
71% of adolescent substance abusers
80% of adolescents in mental health facilities
70% of children in juvenile detention
60% of rapists
70% of teenage mothers

Kids born to fatherless families are 44% more likely to raise children in poverty, twice as likely to commit suicide and nine times more likely to drop out of school than their peers from nuclear families.

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2018/02/22/468485/

Great post!  The moral decay in our society has risen along with the breakdown of the family unit in general.  In part (here come the stones) I blame this on the women's movement.  Yes equal rights is one thing, but there was a huge push for all the stay-at-home mommies to go out and work and putting Johnny and Sally in day care has become the norm.  It became a symbol of status to have a fancy big house and be mortgaged up the ying yang and have 2 cars (if not more) and lavish vacations, etc., when a smaller house,1 vehicle and no vacation could suffice if it allowed one of the parents to be home with their kids while the other worked.

I believe LBJ's Great Society is another culprit in the demise of the family unit. It encouraged people to have more children then they could afford and made it easy for the father to bail as he knew that the gov't would take care of his kids just fine.

Having children out of wedlock has become acceptable and it seems that single parent families are often the result; another scenario that has wreaked havoc on our society.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:14:37 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I do not see evidence of "moral decay" in the shooting down in Florida. 

I see the opposite. I see value for human life in two people who sounded a clarion warning to the proper authorities and in the kids and teachers stepping up to protect students during the rampage ... even at the cost of their own lives.

I see evidence of dereliction of duty by the police and wanton disregard for the safety of citizens by the FBI.  This is the morally decaying government swamp --- not the people suffering under its control.

As for the shooter, I see evidence of mental illness. 

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:50:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This incident gives a lot of folks reasons to spout off about supposed ills in our society.

Parents, or no parents...this guy should have been locked up. The school, the police, the sheriff, and the FBI failed.

Liberalism demands that the mentally ill (or bad criminals, too) be given every chance plus some. By all means, don't confine the little dears.

There was way more evidence than needed, to lock him up. That is the first thing to do.

Next one can wonder if he is mentally ill, just evil, or both. Either way keep him locked up.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I do not see evidence of "moral decay" in the shooting down in Florida. 

I see the opposite. I see value for human life in two people who sounded a clarion warning to the proper authorities and in the kids and teachers stepping up to protect students during the rampage ... even at the cost of their own lives.

I see evidence of dereliction of duty by the police and wanton disregard for the safety of citizens by the FBI.  This is the morally decaying government swamp --- not the people suffering under its control.

As for the shooter, I see evidence of mental illness.
You cannot separate the government, in a Republic, from the people who have demanded it. The very event is evidence of moral decay. The act was unthinkable when I was in school. That a police officer would place themselves in the position to even be accused of cowardice was unthinkable, much less wait while children were being shot.

The grim reality is that this is a symptom of a far more extensive problem and that problem is cultural.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
This incident gives a lot of folks reasons to spout off about supposed ills in our society.

Parents, or no parents...this guy should have been locked up. The school, the police, the sheriff, and the FBI failed.

Liberalism demands that the mentally ill (or bad criminals, too) be given every chance plus some. By all means, don't confine the little dears.

There was way more evidence than needed, to lock him up. That is the first thing to do.

Next one can wonder if he is mentally ill, just evil, or both. Either way keep him locked up.

Sadly, the mother refused to press charges for elder abuse.  That would have immediately landed him in the system.  I really feel for these parents (like Adam Lanza's mother) who must be so overwhelmed.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sadly, the mother refused to press charges for elder abuse.  That would have immediately landed him in the system.  I really feel for these parents (like Adam Lanza's mother) who must be so overwhelmed.
Lanza's Mother was so overwhelmed he killed her, too.

Back to cultural ills. If you can't be honest enough with yourself to admit that your own child has a problem, you are part of the problem, or you just aren't paying attention.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

IMHO one of  the 'culprits' is breakdown of the family unit has led to the moral decay and disregard for others in our society. A great op-ed piece on this:

Steve Hilton: Family breakdown is the biggest issue America refuses to talk about

.......What you never see is the debate we really should be having: about the social breakdown that’s been going on in America and most developed countries for the past few decades. This breakdown has many forms: our torn social fabric, the loss of a sense of community and neighborliness, and falling trust in each other and in our shared institutions.

But at the heart of it is the most important social change of all – the biggest issue that Americans refuse to talk about: family breakdown.

It is now well established that Nikolas Cruz – who authorities say has confessed to the Florida school shootings – had a deeply troubled and unstable family background, a characteristic he has in common with many who have committed such atrocities.........

...........It’s important to remember that the majority of violent deaths in America – whether by guns or other means – are not caused by evil psychopaths. They are caused by individuals who are troubled in more mundane ways, and whose unstable family backgrounds are an instrumental factor in risky behavior, like joining a gang.............

........The elephant in the room is marriage. The data shows clearly that on average, children who are raised in stable homes with both parents do better. Children from divorced parents, or whose parents never married in the first place, do worse – whether that’s in terms of lower levels of social mobility or higher levels of poverty.

.........Of course, averages have exceptions to them. Many children from broken homes do well. I’m one of them.Who is Nikolas Cruz? He is accused of murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Cruz is in custody as authorities comb through his background for clues into why he went on the horrific shooting spree.

But that shouldn’t blind us to the overall picture. A few decades ago, over 90 per cent of children were born to married parents. Today it’s less than half. Liberals and conservatives alike should be able to agree that it would be better for our society – and our economy, frankly – if we could turn things around..............

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/24/steve-hilton-family-breakdown-is-biggest-issue-america-refuses-to-talk-about.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
IMHO one of  the 'culprits' is breakdown of the family unit has led to the moral decay and disregard for others in our society. A great op-ed piece on this:

Steve Hilton: Family breakdown is the biggest issue America refuses to talk about

.......What you never see is the debate we really should be having: about the social breakdown that’s been going on in America and most developed countries for the past few decades. This breakdown has many forms: our torn social fabric, the loss of a sense of community and neighborliness, and falling trust in each other and in our shared institutions.

But at the heart of it is the most important social change of all – the biggest issue that Americans refuse to talk about: family breakdown.

It is now well established that Nikolas Cruz – who authorities say has confessed to the Florida school shootings – had a deeply troubled and unstable family background, a characteristic he has in common with many who have committed such atrocities.........

...........It’s important to remember that the majority of violent deaths in America – whether by guns or other means – are not caused by evil psychopaths. They are caused by individuals who are troubled in more mundane ways, and whose unstable family backgrounds are an instrumental factor in risky behavior, like joining a gang.............

........The elephant in the room is marriage. The data shows clearly that on average, children who are raised in stable homes with both parents do better. Children from divorced parents, or whose parents never married in the first place, do worse – whether that’s in terms of lower levels of social mobility or higher levels of poverty.

.........Of course, averages have exceptions to them. Many children from broken homes do well. I’m one of them.Who is Nikolas Cruz? He is accused of murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Cruz is in custody as authorities comb through his background for clues into why he went on the horrific shooting spree.

But that shouldn’t blind us to the overall picture. A few decades ago, over 90 per cent of children were born to married parents. Today it’s less than half. Liberals and conservatives alike should be able to agree that it would be better for our society – and our economy, frankly – if we could turn things around..............

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/24/steve-hilton-family-breakdown-is-biggest-issue-america-refuses-to-talk-about.html

If we could turn it around.  I don't know about Cruz but I do know that two parents are important in a well balanced family.  Children need fathers as much as they need mothers.  Two mommies or two daddies isn't the same as mom and dad. 

The way that society has seriously injured the family unit is apparent.  And schools undermine the authority of the parents also.  Kids don't have the same respect they used to have.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:09:13 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

If we could turn it around.  I don't know about Cruz but I do know that two parents are important in a well balanced family.  Children need fathers as much as they need mothers.  Two mommies or two daddies isn't the same as mom and dad. 

The way that society has seriously injured the family unit is apparent.  And schools undermine the authority of the parents also.  Kids don't have the same respect they used to have.

I'm not so sure that there is any turning it around.  I certainly don't have any answers.  We have several generations of people that have been dependent on government so long that it has become the norm and any effort to encourage those people to be reliant upon themselves or family members would be seen as racist and the rich trying to keep the poor man down.  Certainly limiting the length one could receive government assistance would be a start, but that would not mend broken families or the breakdown of morality in our society.  How can family values and morality be instilled in our youth when the family unit is broken and often times the other parent is absent and irresponsible?

How can our youth learn respect when we have a 'system' that emphasizes accepting those who don't comply with society for the sake of political correctness?  Agreed; our liberal school system has been a huge detriment to our society and unless the scenario drastically changes I don't see any chance of our society changing. Gone are the days of neighborhood schools and churches that provided a sense of community; we now have gone through a period of forced diversity in our schools and neighborhoods and the decline in church and religion has become apparent.