Author Topic: Nursing home workers charged in cold, callous death of WWII vet.  (Read 448 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Nursing home workers charged in cold, callous death of WWII vet.
« on: February 22, 2018, 03:59:16 pm »
Finally.  These callous pigs should rot in jail.  I don't hold out any hope that they will get what they deserve.

The Georgia nursing home employees seen on video laughing and ignoring the pleas of a dying World War II veteran have been indicted for elder abuse, reports said.

Arrest warrants have been issued for Loyce Pickquet Agyeman, Wanda Nuckles and Mable Turman four years after WWII veteran James Dempsey died under their care at the Northeast Atlanta Rehabilitation Center, the DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office said, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Dempsey’s family secretly recorded a video with a hidden camera, showing him saying he can’t breathe — and the nurses failing to take life-saving measures.

“Video surveillance shows the patient suffering in respiratory distress and repeatedly calling out for help,” Yvette Jones, a spokeswoman for the district attorney’s office, said.

“Soon after his distress calls, the victim became unresponsive.”

The women kept their jobs almost three years after the incident and didn’t surrender their licenses until a local television station, WXIA, sent the damning video to The Georgia Board of Nursing.

After the video came to light, law enforcement opened an investigation. Agyeman, a former licensed nurse, was charged with murder and neglect to an elder person. Nuckles, also a former licensed nurse, was charged with depriving an elder person of essential services and Turman, a certified nurse assistant, was charged with neglect to an elder person. All three face charges for concealing a death.

Investigative TV report on the subject:

! No longer available

https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/nursing-home-workers-charged-in-cold-callous-death-of-wwii-vet/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Nursing home workers charged in cold, callous death of WWII vet.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 07:51:54 pm »
That poor man.  I'm glad his family is getting some measure of justice.  Thank you for sharing this!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 08:37:21 pm »
My grandfather died in a very similar way, but we had no camera...only the word of someone sharing the room.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:07:30 pm »
My Mom received good care at the nursing home she lived in before her death, but too many people aren't that fortunate.  From what I've heard the nurses and their caretakers are not well paid  the work is very difficult, the hours can be long and I guess morale is so bad that they really don't give a flying fig about the patients.

But there is no excusing what these cretins did to this poor man. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:13:17 pm »
Loyce Pickquet Agyeman, Wanda Nuckles and Mable Turman

Damn Jews.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 09:20:43 pm »

Perhaps it is a form of reparations ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 01:26:22 am »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 01:37:52 am »
My grandfather died in a very similar way, but we had no camera...only the word of someone sharing the room.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the way it happened.  May his memory be a blessing.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 01:47:58 am »
A friend was director of an assisted living facility.   They had capacity for over 100 patients.   They broke even at 17.

They still paid low and minimum staffing.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.