Author Topic: Trump holds listening session on gun violence with high school students, teachers  (Read 629 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump holds listening session on gun violence with high school students, teachers
By The Hill staff - 02/21/18 03:23 PM EST

President Trump on Wednesday will hold a listening session with both students and teachers to discuss gun violence and how to prevent future massacres.

The event comes after last week’s deadly school shooting in Parkland, Fla.

High school students have been some of the most vocal advocates for new gun laws in response to last Wednesday’s shooting, which left 17 students and staff dead.

The event is expected to begin at 4:15 p.m.

more
http://thehill.com/video/administration/374915-trump-holds-listening-session-with-high-school-students-and-teachers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Aha!  We can actually watch the meeting live at that link.  Thanks!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox carrying it live too
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We've actually got this on in the office (CSpan).  It's compelling.

One father was almost yelling (his daughter was shot nine times) and his point was:  Put aside the gun debate and figure out how to make our schools safe.

There seems to be quite a lot of talk about needing "the free flow of ideas" on safety.

If the kids marching who have been coached are the faces of this tragedy, this is a shame.  These kids should be .. they're respectful even through their tears, grief and fear.

Another parent, in answer to the President's question for suggestions, gave two:  first he mentioned the FBI dropping the ball and then having a system in place to stop the attack once it starts without waiting six-seven minutes for the police --- including armed teachers (with training) and drills similar to fire drills.

Another parent is stressing how schools are soft targets.  This father is stressing integrating mental health information into background checks, with the local authorities and schools. 

The President is answering with the need for middle ground between jail and doing nothing with people who may pose a threat.  He said we don't know what to do with them ... and actually said we need to bring back "institutions".
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:14:37 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

President's also very supportive of ending "gun free zones" for schools ...

Offline dfwgator

... and actually said we need to bring back "institutions".

I can already hear the sound of liberal heads exploding over that one.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We've actually got this on in the office (CSpan).  It's compelling.

One father was almost yelling (his daughter was shot nine times) and his point was:  Put aside the gun debate and figure out how to make our schools safe.

There seems to be quite a lot of talk about needing "the free flow of ideas" on safety.

If the kids marching who have been coached are the faces of this tragedy, this is a shame.  These kids should be .. they're respectful even through their tears, grief and fear.

My heart ached for that father...
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The United States Of Cathartica     *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@edpc

So grieving is wrong?  Sounds like its productive and of far more value then the fake protests.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Did you even watch the discussion?  Because if you did, you seriously missed what happened.

Oceander

Good for Trump

Offline edpc

Did you even watch the discussion?  Because if you did, you seriously missed what happened.

B effing S.  Whatever happens from this meeting, half of the participants will be mad about it and all of them will say it’s not enough.  Besides, if this is so important to him, why is he holding a note card reminding him of the most basic points?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:52:19 am by edpc »

B effing S.  Whatever happens from this meeting, half of the participants will be mad about it and all of them will say it’s not enough.  Besides, if this is so important to him, why is he holding a note card reminding him of the most basic points? 

Ed, there isn't a CEO alive who doesn't hold a meeting with at least a note card.  It helps to keep a meeting on track and cover essential issues.

Offline edpc

Ed, there isn't a CEO alive who doesn't hold a meeting with at least a note card.  It helps to keep a meeting on track and cover essential issues.

He needs a reminder to say 'I hear you'.....? 

Come on.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:30:28 am by edpc »