Author Topic: Mueller threatening new charges against Paul Manafort in bid to deplete ‘resources,’ attorney says  (Read 429 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Rowan Scarborough - The Washington Times - Monday, February 19, 2018

Special counsel Robert Mueller is threatening to file more criminal charges in new jurisdictions against Paul Manafort, his attorney said in a court filing that suggests prosecutors are deliberately trying to deplete his client’s “resources.”

The Manafort investigation is headed by career prosecutor Andrew Weissmann, who is known for rough investigative tactics to squeeze targets and gain guilty pleas. Mr. Weissmann said in a court filing that Mr. Manafort has expressed doubts that he can “maintain the payments on all his mortgages.” His Trump Tower condominium is at risk of foreclosure, he said.

Mr. Manafort’s attorney, Kevin M. Downing, filed his argument Feb. 16 in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to support his lawsuit against the Justice Department. He is asking District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson to end the special counsel’s investigation of Mr. Manafort.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/19/robert-mueller-threatens-new-charges-against-paul-/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

This is worse than what Manafort is charged with.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Too bad Manafort can't file a RICO suit against Mueller.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Downing had better be careful. He may find himself under investigation, as well. It is a tactic that Mueller and Wiseman have used in the past and are using now.

Mueller charges lawyer with lying about interaction with Rick Gates

Special counsel Robert Mueller has filed a charge against a lawyer for lying to investigators about his interaction with former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates in September 2016.

Alex Van Der Zwaan is expected to plead guilty Tuesday afternoon. The filing is further evidence of Mueller's investigation of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Gates and their work for Russian-allied clients.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/robert-mueller-rick-gates/index.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Mueller's dog and pony circus continues. And the MSM and all the demented Liberals cheer.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Its how Mueller rolls. The guy is worse than a slip n' fall lawyer.

Offline Frank Cannon

Andrew Weissmann, who is known for rough investigative tactics

That's a nice way to say he has been involved in criminality to make cases.

BassWrangler

Andrew Weissmann, who is known for rough investigative tactics

That's a nice way to say he has been involved in criminality to make cases.

And once they get Manafort on anything, the Donks and their allies in the MSM will have everything they need to paint this as Trump campaign wrongdoings.

This is a serious problem in our judicial system, beyond this Trump Russia nonsense. Prosecutors have the almost limitless resources of the state. If they want to destroy you, they can. There needs to be some sort of check on that power.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:38:32 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yeah!  To say the least!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I was one of the first in this forum to say it, and I'll say it again:

The president should fire Mueller, disband the special prosecutor's office, and then take the heat.

Be done with it!