Author Topic: Florida teen shooting survivors announce 'March for Our Lives' demonstration in Washington  (Read 2151 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Florida teen shooting survivors announce 'March for Our Lives' demonstration in Washington
ABC News, Feb 18, 2018

Teen survivors of the school shooting massacre in Florida last week are calling for a march on Washington to demand action on gun control.

Student organizers of the protest told ABC News' "This Week" Co-Anchor Martha Raddatz on Sunday that they are determined to use protests and political action to make the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas in Parkland, Florida, a turning point in the national debate over gun control.

“People keep asking us, 'What about the Stoneman Douglas shooting is going to be different, because this has happened before and change hasn't come?'” Cameron Kasky, an 11th-grader told Raddatz. “This is it.”

“People are saying that it’s not time to talk about gun control. And we can respect that,” Kasky added. “Here’s a time. March 24th in every single city. We are going to be marching together as students begging for our lives.”

More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/florida-teen-shooting-survivors-announce-march-washington-demand/story?id=53178265

Online Right_in_Virginia

They have a name now, folks:  "Teen survivors".

This will, if nothing else, be very well organized---and the new voting bloc.

Offline dfwgator

More like "Snowflakes on Parade."

Online Right_in_Virginia

More like "Snowflakes on Parade."

I think we need to start taking this seriously ... maybe with a counter plan??

Offline dfwgator

I think we need to start taking this seriously ... maybe with a counter plan??

It's nothing new, it always flames out after a few days,  this too shall pass.

Online Right_in_Virginia

This depends on who is doing the organizing.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Too bad they’re not marching on DC, because this has Fyre Festival written all over it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

No one seems curious how a bunch of semi-literate high school kids have been able to organize this bullshit. This takes a lot of money and ground forces to put this shit together in less than a week. Maybe it's time to follow the money here.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Mom, I need you to drive me to Washington!
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

BassWrangler

This isn't going to flame out, IMHO, because the anti-gun groups and DNC are behind it. This is a big part of their strategy for the midterms. It's a perfect issue because it fractures the Republican 2a supporters from those that aren't passionate about that issue.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:19:50 pm by BassWrangler »

Online mountaineer

No one seems curious how a bunch of semi-literate high school kids have been able to organize this bullshit. This takes a lot of money and ground forces to put this shit together in less than a week. Maybe it's time to follow the money here.
Bloomberg or Soros, perhaps.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
All the MSM types will push this for all it's worth.  This could be bigger than the Pu$$yhats and the Pound metoo's !   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online cato potatoe

Let's hope logic and reason prevails, and this hyper estrogenic mob is turned back.  I truly believe some of these people would be happier in France or Latin America.

Offline NavyCanDo

Mom, I need you to drive me to Washington!

Buy them a bus ticket to Seattle. They won’t know the difference between one Washington and the other.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Start by setting up a money conduit from the Democrats. Bring in celebrities, fill the March with kids bused in for free food and music, pay some kids to get smartened up to the narrative so they can be the "randomly picked" interviews. 
Meanwhile, a lot of unconnected people are going to get $$$ to throw in or just siphon money. A Community Organizer will be able to pick up some paper by turfig the event. Groups like the Communists and Unions will be raising funds for this event. "We need money to help get kids to this March".
Countdown to Resignation

Online mountaineer

Buy them a bus ticket to Seattle. They won’t know the difference between one Washington and the other.
Better yet, fly them to Venezuela. They'll love it there.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I bet Soros $$ is being spent on this.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mountaineer

I bet Soros $$ is being spent on this.
Soros and/or Bloomberg are behind all this nonsense.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Teen Survivors" are on the move ... or something

Outside White House, teens demonstrate for gun control after school shooting
Washington Post, Feb 19, 2018

Seventeen high school students lay down for three minutes in front of the White House on Monday to represent the lives lost during the shooting at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and the amount of time it takes to buy a gun.

They were joined by several hundred protesters who demanded that lawmakers act to end gun violence during an emotional demonstration on Presidents’ Day.

The D.C. protest echoed those orchestrated in Parkland, Fla., and beyond by teenagers who are emerging as powerful advocates for stronger gun control following one of the worst mass shootings at a school in U.S. history.

“This could be a breaking point,” said Whitney Bowen, 16, an organizer of the D.C. protest. “We’re still just 16, but at least we’re old enough to have our voices be heard.”

More:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/outside-white-house-teens-demonstrate-for-gun-control-after-school-shooting/2018/02/19/b94553a2-15b6-11e8-8b08-027a6ccb38eb_story.html?utm_term=.69ee53d20173

Online Right_in_Virginia

These kids with the signs may be ripe for a little educating on how to achieve school safety ....

Online mountaineer

I'm not seeing the requisite diversity there. Soros needs to get his act together.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'm not seeing the requisite diversity there. Soros needs to get his act together.

I noticed that, too ... especially in DC.