Author Topic: WH petition requests military burial for JROTC member killed in Florida shooting  (Read 375 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH petition requests military burial for JROTC member killed in Florida shooting
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 02/18/18 07:12 PM EST

A petition to the White House is asking for a JROTC member credited with saving several of his classmates’ lives during the Florida high school shooting to be given a full-honors military burial.

Peter Wang, 15, was among the 17 people killed during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Wednesday. Family members said that Wang was seen holding open a door during the shooting, allowing others to escape.

The petition, hosted on the official White House petition site, was created on Friday and had earned nearly 18,000 signatures as of Sunday evening.

He died while wearing his uniform, according to the petition.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374487-white-house-petition-requests-full-military-burial-for-jrotc-member
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:41:50 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

From the White House petitions site (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/about):

With We the People, you can easily create a petition online, share it, and collect signatures. If you gather 100,000 signature in 30 days, we’ll review your petition, make sure it gets in front of the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

[...]

Q: How long will it take for the White House to respond?

We will do our best to respond to petitions that cross the signature threshold within 60 days, [sic] however, depending on the topic and the overall volume of petitions from We the People, responses may be delayed.

And from the article:

The petition will be guaranteed an official White House response if it gains 100,000 signatures by March 18.

The White House has not responded to any of the petitions reaching the 100,000-signature threshold since President Trump took office.

But I think the point made my his adoring fans is that we already knew when we elected him that he's a lying sleaze, so it's okay.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
If it's not an Active Duty Honors team that performs his burial service, there are thousands of veterans in veteran organizations who will gladly do so instead.

I've talked/corresponded with many who are willing to honor the young man and his heroism.

In my opinion, it's up to his family to decide how he is buried and/or honored.

Until his family decides, I am of the opinion that this petition is borderline dancing on his grave.

RIP young man and my sincerest condolences and sympathies to your family and loved ones.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online mountaineer

In my opinion, it's up to his family to decide how he is buried and/or honored.

Until his family decides, I am of the opinion that this petition is borderline dancing on his grave.
I agree. If the family wants a military service, I'm sure they can be accomodated.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree. If the family wants a military service, I'm sure they can be accomodated.

I would hope the Commandant would have asked privately by now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online IsailedawayfromFR

One way to combat the problems we face in schools is to strengthen the Junior ROTC component in the nation which produces more maturity, patriotism, discipline and gun awareness for our children.

This would certainly do this.

Other members of the Junior ROTC apparently helped save lives in the shooting, by demonstrating leadership among not just students, but teachers.

Isn't that what we should be striving for?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,304171.msg1609205.html#msg1609205
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

My sister's b-i-l, a Vietnam veteran and active member of the VFW, recently died. I believe it was that organization that arranged for his beautiful military honors at the cemetery. In my area is a group of veterans whose main mission is providing graveside services for other veterans. I hope such services are available in this family's community.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org