Author Topic: U.S. top court mulls whether to take up 'Dreamers' dispute  (Read 472 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. top court mulls whether to take up 'Dreamers' dispute
« on: February 17, 2018, 11:21:36 am »
Lawrence Hurley

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday discussed in private how to handle President Donald Trump’s appeal of a judge’s decision blocking his plan to end protections for young illegal immigrants dubbed “Dreamers,” and the nine justices could announce as early as Tuesday whether they will take up the case.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-court-immigration/u-s-top-court-mulls-whether-to-take-up-dreamers-dispute-idUSKCN1G01QY
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:22:46 am by rangerrebew »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: U.S. top court mulls whether to take up 'Dreamers' dispute
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 06:18:18 pm »
Lawrence Hurley

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday discussed in private how to handle President Donald Trump’s appeal of a judge’s decision blocking his plan to end protections for young illegal immigrants dubbed “Dreamers,” and the nine justices could announce as early as Tuesday whether they will take up the case.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-court-immigration/u-s-top-court-mulls-whether-to-take-up-dreamers-dispute-idUSKCN1G01QY

I wish they would accept this case, hear it in June or whatever, and just finish this one way or the other.  I'm sick of hearing about it.  However, it will really screw over Trump's plan.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:48:44 pm »
Doesn't DACA end next month? 

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 07:02:15 pm »
Doesn't DACA end next month?

The Feds aren't accepting applications anymore.  But I think the court stay prevents the program from being ended until the Supreme Court or Congress act.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 07:19:33 pm »
Reality: The 1986 REAGAN Amnesty was to solve immigration once and for all.

Since that time, California has changed from reliably Republican, to hopelessly one-party.

So color me skeptical that any new laws will actually be enforced, anyway.

Examples:

1. Documentation for employment is a joke. Show employer two forms of forged, fraudulent ID, and you are good to go.

2. Citizens pass voter initiative forbidding public benefits for undocumented residents, but it goes unenforced.

3. Citizens pass voter initiative forbidding Spanish language instruction, but it goes unenforced.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln