Author Topic: DACA on life support as Senate fails 4 times to pass immigration reform  (Read 473 times)

rangerrebew

February 16, 2018
DACA on life support as Senate fails 4 times to pass immigration reform
By Rick Moran

Four different proposals to reform immigration law and give protections to the children of illegal aliens failed to achieve the necessary 60 votes in the Senate, probably killing immigration reform for the foreseeable future.

The measure backed by Donald Trump, which would have given a path to citizenship for 1.8 million illegals and eliminated chain migration and the visa lottery, went down 60-39.  Fourteen Republican senators voted against it.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/daca_on_life_support_as_senate_fails_4_times_to_pass_immigration_reform.html#ixzz57MZ9EQoJ

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: DACA on life support as Senate fails 4 times to pass immigration reform
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 01:51:29 am »
"DACA on life support..."

Pull the plug.

Let it die.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: DACA on life support as Senate fails 4 times to pass immigration reform
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:21:39 pm »
"DACA on life support..."

Pull the plug.

Let it die.

I don't think it can die any more after the stay on Trump's order, until the Supreme Court hears the case or Congress actually passes legislation. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.