Author Topic: FBI Admits It Mishandled Tip On Florida Shooter  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
FBI Admits It Mishandled Tip On Florida Shooter
« on: February 17, 2018, 01:14:04 am »
The FBI failed to follow proper protocols after a person close to Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz called the FBI tipline to warn that Cruz had a “desire to kill people” and could carry out a school shooting, the agency said in a statement on Friday.

The agency failed to act on the tip, which came a little over a month before Cruz killed 17 people at a Parkland, Florida high school this week.

The FBI’s statement is below:
On January 5, 2018, a person close to Nikolas Cruz contacted the FBI’s Public Access Line (PAL) tipline to report concerns about him. The caller provided information about Cruz’s gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting.

More at: http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/16/nikolas-cruz-fbi-protocols-florida-shooting/?utm_content=buffer2f25e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: FBI Admits It Mishandled Tip On Florida Shooter
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 01:14:49 am »
Totally unforgiveable.  I guess the FBI is too busy hounding Trump to worry about the safety of schoolkids.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 01:20:42 am »
Is it any surprise?

The same FBI that couldn't find any leads on Hillary's bathroom Email server with state secrets on it also couldn't find any leads with a “Im going to be a professional school shooter” video reported to them more than a month ago. Both in full view of the public.

High level people need to be fired. The culture of the FBI is corruption and incompetence. The FBI has been rotting from the head down for a long time now.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 01:55:10 am »
High level people need to be fired. The culture of the FBI is corruption and incompetence. The FBI has been rotting from the head down for a long time now.

President Trump fired the previous FBI head last May.  Christopher Wray has been in charge Since July 20th.  So judging from the rest of the firings and resignation of the Trump Administration...Wray probably should have left months ago. ^-^

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 01:57:54 am »
President Trump fired the previous FBI head last May.  Christopher Wray has been in charge Since July 20th.  So judging from the rest of the firings and resignation of the Trump Administration...Wray probably should have left months ago. ^-^

The whole culture of the FBI is now suspect.

We used to think the FBI was the greatest law enforcement agency and have total respect of them.

This episode is not going away.  It is too bad.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 02:00:58 am »
They knew about the Tsarnaevs as well and didn't do a damn thing about it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 02:01:34 am »
Another literal fatal error by the govt.  The Sutherland Springs shooter shouldn't have been able to purchase his gun, but the DoD failed to enter his discharge information into the civilian system.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 02:12:14 am »

We used to think the FBI was the greatest law enforcement agency and have total respect of them.

The whole culture of the FBI, DOJ, BATF, DEA, FDA, is suspect.  There have been too many 'incidents' within the past decade or so that screams of corruption within these departments.  Yes I agree, this episode isn't going to go away right now, but those looking into this shooting are corrupt in my humble opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 02:13:06 am »

Absolutely the culture is ruined and it will take cleaning out the entire 7th floor to fix it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 02:59:44 am »
They knew about the Tsarnaevs as well and didn't do a damn thing about it.

The families that don't want prayers should be suing the FBI for incompetence instead of pushing gun control politics.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline berdie

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 03:08:25 am »
The families that don't want prayers should be suing the FBI for incompetence instead of pushing gun control politics.

Agreed

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 04:55:05 am »

Agreed

Absolutely.  Can those victims' families sue the FBI?  Is that permitted.  Just wondering.

They definitely dropped the ball.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2018, 08:27:07 am »
Absolutely.  Can those victims' families sue the FBI?  Is that permitted.  Just wondering.

They definitely dropped the ball.

The families might have an action under the Federal Torts Claims Act, but there are a number of restrictions and plenty of rigamaroll to go through (naturally).   They would have to consult a lawyer with expertise and experience in FTCA claims. 

Hell, I might be willing to donate to a fund to help pay their expenses if they did want to sue and could.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2018, 06:49:13 pm »
The families might have an action under the Federal Torts Claims Act, but there are a number of restrictions and plenty of rigamaroll to go through (naturally).   They would have to consult a lawyer with expertise and experience in FTCA claims. 

Hell, I might be willing to donate to a fund to help pay their expenses if they did want to sue and could.

Ordinarily I am against suing over every little thing.  But if I were one of the parents, I would be so bitter and hurt that I would want the FBI to pay for ignoring the valid warning and the incredibly sordid history of this guy.

Maybe a class action lawsuit?  What's O.J.'s lawyer doing right now?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 07:01:18 pm »
"Mistakes were made."

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 12:38:11 am »

I think that’s a great idea. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 02:59:02 am »
WOW! No wonder they are federal investigators! There just ain't no slipping NOTHING past them,is there?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 03:28:25 am »

How about they may be dragging their feet, on Security Clearances for the WH ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 03:32:34 am »

@Emjay

They WERE the greatest LE agency in the world. Too many political appointees that owed their loyalty to their political party and their president over the decades has killed that. Maybe even forever.

About the only thing I can think of that could possibly save them is to eliminate political appointees as directors,and have them be career Feebs that came up through the ranks. That,of course,will never happen because then the RNC and the DNC wouldn't be able to control them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 03:33:44 am »
How about they may be dragging their feet, on Security Clearances for the WH ??

They turn in their findings months ago and the WH security office says investigate more.  Individuals submit incomplete or inaccurate SF-86 forms requiring multiple revisions.  Who's the real problem?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:34:06 am by edpc »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 05:26:15 am »
@Emjay

They WERE the greatest LE agency in the world. Too many political appointees that owed their loyalty to their political party and their president over the decades has killed that. Maybe even forever.

About the only thing I can think of that could possibly save them is to eliminate political appointees as directors,and have them be career Feebs that came up through the ranks. That,of course,will never happen because then the RNC and the DNC wouldn't be able to control them.

Very sad and very possibly true.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 07:32:48 am »

They turn in their findings months ago and the WH security office says investigate more.  Individuals submit incomplete or inaccurate SF-86 forms requiring multiple revisions.  Who's the real problem?

Do you have sources to cite for those claims?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Concerned

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 01:13:46 pm »

Sarah Sanders addressed the FBI portion of Rob Porter's background investigation just last week: 

Wray told lawmakers at a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing that the FBI followed established protocols and submitted a partial report on Porter in March 2017, followed by a "completed" background investigation in late July.

FBI Director Christopher Wray's congressional testimony appears to contradict the White House timeline of when West Wing officials became aware of Rob Porter's alleged domestic abuse.

Wray acknowledged there were follow-ups. "Soon thereafter, we received request for follow-up inquiry and we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and ... we administratively closed the file in January," he said.

Wray added that the FBI obtained “additional information” this month, which they in turn passed to the White House.

<snip>

Sanders, pressed by reporters at Tuesday’s briefing about Wray’s account, explained that the White House personnel security office got information last year for what they considered the final background investigation report. However, she said they hadn’t made a final recommendation because “the process was still ongoing”

“The FBI's July report required significant additional investigatory field work before [the] personnel security office could begin to evaluate the information for adjudication. As Director Wray said, information was still coming to the White House personnel security office in February,” she said. “The FBI portion was closed. The White House personnel security office, who's the one that makes the recommendation for adjudication, had not finished their process and therefore had not made a recommendation to the White House.”

The fact that Kushner had to resubmit his SF-86 has been widely covered throughout the news.  Here's one:

President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner has updated his security clearance form multiple times to disclose foreign contacts, several news outlets reported Friday, prompting speculation on why his form had been submitted before it was fully completed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/13/fbi-boss-says-rob-porter-background-check-completed-last-year-despite-white-house-claims.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/kushners-explanation-of-security-clearance-form-omissions-russia-meeting-prompt-skepticism-2017-7

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:25:53 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »

They aren't 'claims,' they're common knowledge.  Anyone paying half attention to the story should be aware of them.  Do your own research since you're a truth seeker.