Author Topic: Trump says he is 'working with Congress' in response to Florida school shooting  (Read 1948 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he is 'working with Congress' in response to Florida school shooting
by Gabby Morrongiello | Feb 16, 2018, 9:58 AM

President Trump said Friday he is “working with Congress on many fronts” in response to the school shooting that left 17 dead in Florida this week.

“I will be leaving for Florida today to meet with some of the bravest people on earth - but people whose lives have been totally shattered. Am also working with Congress on many fronts,” Trump tweeted ahead of his visit to Parkland, Fla., where the shooting occurred on Wednesday.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-says-he-is-working-with-congress-in-response-to-florida-school-shooting/article/2649287
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Working to do what?

Offline Applewood

Oh swell!  He's going to Florida to pretend he cares.  Hope he has practiced his frowny face look of concern. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This should result in some interesting Trumpsplaining. Either 'fake news' or 'he is right' with justifications for liberal policies.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:31:45 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline anubias

Oh swell!  He's going to Florida to pretend he cares.  Hope he has practiced his frowny face look of concern.

Much like yours?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Working to do what?

@Sanguine implement "sensible gun laws" of course.  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine implement "sensible gun laws" of course.  **nononono*

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of. 

Offline Applewood

It's all for show.  None of these politicians want to do what should be done because they are either too stupid, too lazy or too worried about losing votes. 

Offline anubias

It's all for show.  None of these politicians want to do what should be done because they are either too stupid, too lazy or too worried about losing votes.

What do you think should be done?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What do you think should be done?

Nothing where any kind of new regulations regarding guns is concerned that's for sure.  The guns aren't the problem.  It has to do more with society and the culture and some of the violence that gets glorified and glamorized today.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

There is no way to totally know how someone feels but I watched his speech and I think he was genuinely horrified and concerned about what happened.

Is there any way you can keep your nasty thoughts to yourself?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There is no way to totally know how someone feels but I watched his speech and I think he was genuinely horrified and concerned about what happened.

:thumbsup:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nothing where any kind of new regulations regarding guns is concerned that's for sure.  The guns aren't the problem.  It has to do more with society and the culture and some of the violence that gets glorified and glamorized today.

I don't think he's advocating regulations.  Everyone sane knows that guns are not the problem.  In fact a gun in the hand of a school janitor might have saved a lot of people.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Working to do what?

He doesn't say what but here is part of what he said, "“So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled from school for bad and erratic behavior. Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities, again and again!” he tweeted Thursday.

I think one of the problems in this case was that the shooter was such a loner and so isolated that nobody knew what he was planning.

Everyone, including Trump, is trying to figure out how such a horrible thing could have happened.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't think he's advocating regulations.  Everyone sane knows that guns are not the problem.  In fact a gun in the hand of a school janitor might have saved a lot of people.

It remains to be seen.  I will not be surprised at all to hear soundbites of him talking about a willingness to work on "sensible" legislation with Congress.

And no not everyone knows that guns aren't the problem.  Just look at the people here parroting the Congressional "sensible gun laws" BS.  They think that just one more law added to the 20K already on the books will stop stuff like this.

It won't.

I just hope the President doesn't fall for it.

Online libertybele

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of.

I'm afraid of what he'll agree to as well; he's backpedaled on every other issue, I expect him to do so as well on the 2nd Amend.  He's taken a liberal stance before.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

I think the Ignore feature still works here if my comments offend you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It remains to be seen.  I will not be surprised at all to hear soundbites of him talking about a willingness to work on "sensible" legislation with Congress.

And no not everyone knows that guns aren't the problem.  Just look at the people here parroting the Congressional "sensible gun laws" BS.  They think that just one more law added to the 20K already on the books will stop stuff like this.

It won't.

I just hope the President doesn't fall for it.

See something, say something.  Apparently not.  I just saw on Fox where at least two people called the FBI about this guy.  It would be interesting to know what the FBI did with that information.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I think the Ignore feature still works here if my comments offend you.

It still works, but I'm saving that option for someone whose opinions make sense but annoy me.

Your opinions just annoy me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm afraid of what he'll agree to as well; he's backpedaled on every other issue, I expect him to do so as well on the 2nd Amend.  He's taken a liberal stance before.

Excuse me.  I wouldn't trust Trump with my first born, but I can't think of any issues he's backpedaled on and certainly not every other issue.

Some people seem to be longing for Trump to foul up.

I'm not one of those people.  I want him to continue to do a good job.  He's gonna be around for 3 more years unless Hillary can lure him to Fort Marcy Park.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
See something, say something.  Apparently not.  I just saw on Fox where at least two people called the FBI about this guy.  It would be interesting to know what the FBI did with that information.

I think we already know, and the answer is: nothing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I think we already know, and the answer is: nothing.

So, yeah.  The FBI looks bad here.  Why are people gonna report stuff to them if they ignore it?

Offline GrouchoTex

Once upon a time, he did write (or had a ghost writer write) that he was in favor of some sort of gun control.

Before he was a presidential contender, he called out Republicans who “walk the NRA line” and “refuse even limited restrictions” on firearms laws, in his 2000 book, The America We Deserve.

“I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun,” he wrote.

So, it would not be out of the realm of possibility that he could go back to this original view.

I guess we will know soon enough.

Online libertybele

Excuse me.  I wouldn't trust Trump with my first born, but I can't think of any issues he's backpedaled on and certainly not every other issue.

Some people seem to be longing for Trump to foul up.

I'm not one of those people.  I want him to continue to do a good job.  He's gonna be around for 3 more years unless Hillary can lure him to Fort Marcy Park.

The most recent issue he's backpedaled on is amnesty.  Look, enough of the generalizations of people.  For the record I personally want to see Trump succeed as it's in this country's best interest.  Granting amnesty/pathway to citizenship is NOT in the best interest of this country, nor the American people!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Once upon a time, he did write (or had a ghost writer write) that he was in favor of some sort of gun control.

Before he was a presidential contender, he called out Republicans who “walk the NRA line” and “refuse even limited restrictions” on firearms laws, in his 2000 book, The America We Deserve.

“I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun,” he wrote.

So, it would not be out of the realm of possibility that he could go back to this original view.

I guess we will know soon enough.

Exactly.