Author Topic: White House official slams Graham on immigration  (Read 740 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

White House official slams Graham on immigration
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:14:21 am »
White House official slams Graham on immigration
The Hill, Feb 15, 2018, Jordan Fabian

A White House official on Thursday anonymously attacked Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) for his role in the immigration debate in Congress.

The official slammed Graham in harsh terms after the senator blasted top White House aide Stephen Miller and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for opposing a bipartisan proposal to protect so-called Dreamers.

“He has been an obstacle to immigration reform. He has been an obstacle in the way of getting relief for Dreamers,” the official said of Graham.

The official also accused Graham of being the “chairman of the Democratic conference” because of his views of immigration.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374084-white-house-official-slams-graham-on-immigration

Offline skeeter

Re: White House official slams Graham on immigration
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 01:16:50 am »
Someone needs to find out who's signing Linda's paychecks. He is utterly obsessed with normalizing illegals.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:16:59 am »
Statement from Department of Homeland Security

Schumer-Rounds-Collins Destroys Ability of DHS to Enforce Immigration Laws, Creating a Mass Amnesty For Over 10 Million Illegal Aliens, Including Criminals

Release Date: February 15, 2018.

The Schumer-Rounds-Collins proposal destroys the ability of the men and women from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to remove millions of illegal aliens. It would be the end of immigration enforcement in America and only serve to draw millions more illegal aliens with no way to remove them.  By halting immigration enforcement for all aliens who will arrive before June 2018, it ignores the lessons of 9/11 and significantly increases the risk of crime and terrorism.

It is an egregious violation of the four compromise pillars laid out by the President’s immigration reform framework. Instead of helping to secure the border as the President has repeatedly asked Congress to do, it would do the exact opposite and make our border far more open and porous. It would ensure a massive wave of new illegal immigration by exacerbating the pull factors caused by legal loopholes.  By keeping chain migration intact, the amendment would expand the total legalized population to potentially ten million new legal aliens – simultaneously leading to undercutting the wages of American workers, threatening public safety and undermining national security.

The changes proposed by Senators Schumer-Rounds-Collins would effectively make the United States a Sanctuary Nation where ignoring the rule of law is encouraged.

LOTS more:  https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/02/15/schumer-rounds-collins-destroys-ability-dhs-enforce-immigration-laws-creating-mass

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 01:20:53 am »
Graham's Reply to the DHS statement ...

Graham blasts Homeland Security statement as 'poisonous'
The Hill, Feb 15, 2018

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) blasted a statement from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) criticizing a bipartisan immigration deal he worked on as "poisonous" and "ridiculous."

"The DHS press release is over the top. It's poisonous. I think its ridiculous and I've long since stopped paying attention to them," he said.

Graham added that any time the department is offered money for the border wall they should "say thank you."

DHS ripped a deal offered by a bipartisan coalition of senators, saying it "destroys" the department's ability to remove undocumented immigrants from the country and "ignores the lessons" of Sept. 11, 2001.

More:  http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/374032-graham-blasts-homeland-security-statement-as-poisonous

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 01:24:36 am »
Graham's Reply to the DHS statement ...
"...I've long since stopped paying attention to them (DHS),"

Clearly this is true. The people he speak on behalf of rack up a body count of American citizens to the tune of 12 per day.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 01:45:21 am »
                                                 'O'riginal Gang of Hate

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 04:26:04 am »
                                                 'O'riginal Gang of Hate

Can I give them all the big joker award?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 04:45:48 am »
                                                 'O'riginal Gang of Hate

Amazing isn't it, that these people win re-election?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 05:20:29 am »
Amazing isn't it, that these people win re-election?

At least two of them won't.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 05:28:09 am »
At least two of them won't.

Come now. Menendez was cleared of all charges and even the people in his own state don't know who Bennet is. They should be re-elected with no problems.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 05:39:12 am »
Come now. Menendez was cleared of all charges and even the people in his own state don't know who Bennet is. They should be re-elected with no problems.

They're going to retry that Lloyd Gettys looking MFer, Menendez.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 07:54:45 am »
They're going to retry that Lloyd Gettys looking MFer, Menendez.

I think they actually changed their minds about that.  He's so scummy ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 11:30:34 am »
I think they actually changed their minds about that.  He's so scummy ;(.

Yes - you’re correct.  There are stories within a week of each other that say he’d be retried on fewer charges, then the DOJ scrapped it.  He still faces Senate ethnics proceedings, but they generally don’t amount to much.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 02:21:50 pm »

Flake isn't running, and McCain will probably croak this year.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: