Author Topic: Gates close to plea deal with Mueller in Russia probe: report  (Read 545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gates close to plea deal with Mueller in Russia probe: report
« on: February 15, 2018, 11:59:07 pm »
Gates close to plea deal with Mueller in Russia probe: report
By Brandon Carter - 02/15/18 06:34 PM EST

Former Trump campaign adviser Richard Gates is reportedly close to a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller.

Sources familiar with the case told CNN that Gates has been in negotiations for a plea deal for nearly a month. A plea deal with Mueller could indicate Gates is cooperating with the special counsel’s investigation.

CNN reports that Gates has had a “Queen for a Day” interview with Mueller’s team, a term criminal lawyers use to describe an interview in which a defendant answers questions from prosecutors and can admit to crimes with few consequences.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/374146-gates-close-to-plea-deal-with-mueller-in-russia-probe-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Gates close to plea deal with Mueller in Russia probe: report
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 12:00:34 am »
Big question...what or who is he giving up...you don't get a plea deal for nothing.....per Judge Nap
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 12:05:05 am »
Big question...what or who is he giving up...you don't get a plea deal for nothing.....per Judge Nap

This is all related to this 15 year old beef the Feds have with Manafart. This is a big who cares.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 12:19:55 am »
CNN reports that Gates has had a “Queen for a Day” interview with Mueller’s team....

Well, I'd be toast.  If that's what they'd call me, I'd prefer they throw the book at me and I'll take my chances in court.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 12:55:09 am »
CNN reports that Gates has had a “Queen for a Day” interview with Mueller’s team....

Well, I'd be toast.  If that's what they'd call me, I'd prefer they throw the book at me and I'll take my chances in court.

Some people are facing prison terms.  I would be less cavalier about my future in those shoes.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 01:08:57 am »
@mystery-ak

Can't see there would be anything here connected to Trump, just Manafort.  Or, if Gates said anything connected to Trump, it would be hearsay and not credible; such as Manafort told him something about Trump and Gates repeats it to Mueller, so it is second hand.

I don't think Trump did anything untoward with Russia; I think his mouth was running as usual; he has complimented Putin for years; he admires him; that doesn't mean he was using, or trying to use, Russia in the election.  Trump has trouble concentrating that long to put together something with Russia to help him get elected.

However, I do think his bungling son-in-law, Kushner, thought he was going to get dirt on Clinton from the Russians and had that meeting with them to do just that.  I think that was his baby, not Trump's, but Trump approved.  Kushner was,and is, green behind the ears, had no idea what he was setting in motion and is so used to getting his way, doing whatever he wants since he has so much money, no one tells him anything - he just reacts and does whatever he wants, and so does his wife, who happens to be related to Trump.

I thought when I heard the daughter and son-in-law were going to work in the White House, "helping" Trump, it would be a disaster since they are so used to doing whatever they want, they would violate laws regarding confidentiality and any other law they tripped over because they don't know jack about how the White House must operate.

I was not gratified to know 30-40 White House officials don't have full clearance even now.  That place is a sieve with holes through which flows secret and useless information and no one working there knows which is which.  It is the usual Trump chaos.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 01:11:17 am »
Some people are facing prison terms.  I would be less cavalier about my future in those shoes.

Much of the indictment against Manafort is heavily overloaded.  Despite that and the pre-dawn raid, Manafort told Mueller to pound sand.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.