Author Topic: BREAKING>>American Spies Paid $100,000 to Russian Who Wanted to Sell Material on Trump  (Read 1235 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
American Spies Paid $100,000 to Russian Who Wanted to Sell Material on Trump

By MATTHEW ROSENBERGFEB. 9, 2018

BERLIN — After months of secret negotiations, a shadowy Russian bilked American spies out of $100,000 last year, promising to deliver stolen National Security Agency cyberweapons in a deal that he insisted would also include compromising material on President Trump, according to American and European intelligence officials.

The cash, delivered in a suitcase to a Berlin hotel room in September, was intended as the first installment of a $1 million payout, according to American officials, the Russian and communications reviewed by The New York Times. The theft of the secret hacking tools had been devastating to the N.S.A., and the agency was struggling to get a full inventory of what was missing.

Several American intelligence officials said they made clear that they did not want the Trump material from the Russian — who was suspected of having murky ties to Russian intelligence and to Eastern European cybercriminals. He claimed the information would link the president and his associates to Russia. But instead of providing the hacking tools, the Russian produced unverified and possibly fabricated information involving Mr. Trump and others, including bank records, emails and purported Russian intelligence data.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/us/politics/us-cyberweapons-russia-trump.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

Several American intelligence officials said they made clear that they did not want the Trump material from the Russian — who was suspected of having murky ties to Russian intelligence and to Eastern European cybercriminals. He claimed the information would link the president and his associates to Russia. But instead of providing the hacking tools, the Russian produced unverified and possibly fabricated information involving Mr. Trump and others, including bank records, emails and purported Russian intelligence data.

Sure.   :silly:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
btt......This is amazing....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Reached by phone late last year, Mr. Shearer would say only that his work was “a big deal — you know what it is, and you shouldn’t be asking about it.” He then hung up.

Apparently, Shearer is a San Diego anchorman from 1974.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Mediaite
by Joseph A. Wulfsohn
February 9, 2018

A new report from The New York Times exposed a financial transition between U.S. intel and a “shadowy” Russia regarding secrets about President Trump.

According to American and European intelligence officials, Americans spies reportedly paid $100,000 last year to a man who promised to “deliver stolen National Security Agency cyberweapons” as well as “compromising material” on Trump after months of secret negotiations.

The $100,000 was paid in cash in a suitcase in a Berlin hotel room back in September and was supposed to be the first installment of a $1 million payout. American officials told the NYT that the “theft of the secret hacking tools had been devastating to the N.S.A., and the agency was struggling to get a full inventory of what was missing.”

(more)
https://www.mediaite.com/online/u-s-spies-reportedly-paid-100000-to-russian-who-wanted-to-sell-dirt-on-trump/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline MOD8

Merged Topics

Offline mountaineer

Our tax dollars at work.  :nometalk:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Our tax dollars at work.  :nometalk:

I really don't think this is about tax dollar expenditures.   :smokin:

Offline anubias

No it is not.  The story is ridiculous when one thinks about it.  Attempting to get back stolen cyberweapons?  Like the Russians hadn’t made a copy?  Once such things are stolen, they’re gone.  I’m to believe we were willing to pay a million bucks for a copy for accounting purposes? 

They specifically told them that they did not want the Trump dirt?

There is a reason this is coming out now and I assume it is not good.  Sounds like some sort of CYA.  We’ll find out exactly for what soon enough I suppose.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
No it is not.  The story is ridiculous when one thinks about it.  Attempting to get back stolen cyberweapons?  Like the Russians hadn’t made a copy?  Once such things are stolen, they’re gone.  I’m to believe we were willing to pay a million bucks for a copy for accounting purposes? 

There is a reason this is coming out now and I assume it is not good.  Sounds like some sort of CYA.  We’ll find out exactly for what soon enough I suppose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

Offline Suppressed

Attempting to get back stolen cyberweapons?  Like the Russians hadn’t made a copy? 

Read.

They are saying that they wanted to determine what had been stolen, not to recover it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:46:05 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

Read.

They are saying that they wanted to determine what had been stolen, not to recover it.

Exactly.  That information would be extremely helpful in countering attacks.  Some things leaked from CIA and NSA work was used in wannacry.

Offline anubias

Read.

Take your own advice.  Notice I said “accounting purposes”.

Offline anubias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

“All the President’s Men” in the texts.  LOL. Their primer.

Offline anubias

Exactly.  That information would be extremely helpful in countering attacks.  Some things leaked from CIA and NSA work was used in wannacry.

Do you really think we could trust some Russian to tell us everything they took?  LOL

As usual, you two are always at the ready to tow the line.

Offline edpc

Do you really think we could trust some Russian to tell us everything they took?  LOL

As usual, you two are always at the ready to tow the line.

As usual you're hearing what you want to hear.  I'm sure that desiccated turd in the Pacific will be along soon to back you up.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:16:44 pm by edpc »

Offline anubias

As usual you're hearing what you want to hear.  I'm sure that desiccated turd in the Pacific will be along soon to back you up.

Your mother must be so proud of you.

Offline mountaineer

Whose $1 million was it?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

Your mother must be so proud of you.

She was and told me and my other four siblings the same, as she lay dying in November 2015.  She and I shared one quality, in the sense we do not suffer fools.  I will have to assume her pride still stands, since she has not rearranged the furniture or rattled any chains.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:49:32 pm by edpc »

Offline anubias

She was and told me and my other four siblings the same, as she lay dying in November 2015.  She and I shared one quality, in the sense we do not suffer fools.  I will have to assume her pride still stands, since she has not rearranged the furniture or rattled any chains.

I have no way of knowing, of course; but I doubt she would be thrilled to see you repeatedly attacking @Emjay for her age.  I assume you do it because that’s all you’ve got.  Extremely lame imo.

Offline edpc

I have no way of knowing, of course; but I doubt she would be thrilled to see you repeatedly attacking @Emjay for her age.  I assume you do it because that’s all you’ve got.  Extremely lame imo.

Well, it's a key component in the definition of anile.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/anile

If the orthopedic shoe fits, wear it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:14:27 pm by edpc »

Offline anubias

Well, it's a key component in the definition of anile.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/anile

If the orthopedic shoe fits, wear it.

Sorry, but I don’t wear orthopedic shoes, nor are Emjay and I anile.  You are succeeding in making me feel more mature with your childish behavior if that was your goal.

Offline edpc

Sorry, but I don’t wear orthopedic shoes, nor are Emjay and I anile.  You are succeeding in making me feel more mature with your childish behavior if that was your goal.

OK.  While you're proudly musing and chin stroking over your wisdom, it should remind you of the hairs requiring tweezing.

When you're done, perhaps we can get back to the subject.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:37:00 pm by edpc »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Of course it is CYA, and a pretty lame attempt at that. (Just how f 'n stupid do these people think Americans are, despite decades of dumbing down the population?)
It fits the pattern, right in there with "tracking" firearms being funneled into Cartel and Gang hands from the Rio Grande to the Great Lakes, only they have no means of doing so until the firearms are found or seized.

And yes, 'getting back' a stolen cyberweapon is like taking back a stolen idea. Once it's gone, it's gone.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

OK.  While you're proudly musing and chin stroking over your wisdom, it should remind you of the hairs requiring tweezing.

When you're done, perhaps we can get back to the subject.

*****rollingeyes*****

@Smokin Joe has already done so.  Thank you, SJ.  Nice to see some common sense brought back to this thread.