Author Topic: The Plot Thickens: Grassley-Graham Letter Sheds New Light on Steele Dossier, Nunes Memo  (Read 513 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

The Plot Thickens: Grassley-Graham Letter Sheds New Light on Steele Dossier, Nunes Memo
The Daily Signal, Feb 7, 2018, John G. Malcolm

<snip>

In their referral memorandum, Grassley and Graham, who have reviewed all four FISA applications in their entirety, “as well as numerous other FBI documents relating to Steele,” make statements which, assuming they are true, tend to support what is contained in the Nunes memo.

Specifically, the Grassley/Graham memo states that the Steele dossier “formed a significant portion of the FBI’s warrant application,” that the application “relied more heavily on Steele’s credibility than on any independent verification or corroboration for his claims,” and that the basis for the warrant “rests largely” on Steele’s credibility.

The Steele dossier contains explosive allegations that the Russian government, acting under orders from Russian President Vladimir Putin, was carrying out an operation to tilt the election in Trump’s favor and that the Russian government had compromising information of a financial and sexual nature against Trump that could be used to blackmail him at some point in the future.

Why the FBI Trusted Steele

The FBI, it seems, trusted Steele and relied on this information because of his background as a spy and because he had provided the bureau with reliable information on several occasions in the past.

According to the Grassley/Graham memo, the FBI stated in its initial FISA application that, “based on [Steele’s] previous reporting history with the FBI, whereby [Steele] provided reliable information to the FBI, the FBI believes [Steele’s] reporting to be credible.”

While that may have been so in the past, there was plenty of reason to distrust Steele in this case.

Read more:  http://dailysignal.com/2018/02/07/the-plot-thickens-grassley-graham-letter-sheds-new-light-on-steele-dossier-nunes-memo/

Online Right_in_Virginia

A bit more:

As disturbing as that is, another revelation in the Grassley/Graham memo is even more concerning.

The memo suggests that some of the information being fed to Steele and included in his dossier did not come from highly-placed Russian sources, but from people associated with the Clintons. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

This article is a good summation of what we know so far,

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Supposedly good old Sidney Blumenthal fed Steele some of the material.

Remember, part of the old Clinton sleaze machine?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Dying to now read this, so I am marking my area here, kind of like the male cats!  Read part of it, and this is fascinating, too.  So now we are getting through what really happened.

Thank you, too!  @Right_in_Virginia
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Online Right_in_Virginia

Dying to now read this, so I am marking my area here, kind of like the male cats!  Read part of it, and this is fascinating, too.  So now we are getting through what really happened.

Thank you, too!  @Right_in_Virginia

Welcome @Slip18 .... there's a lot of "stuff" in this article.  It's one I may even print for reference.   ^-^