Author Topic: Outback Steakhouse apologizes after uniformed officer told to leave ‘gun-free zone’  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

One time I made a blooming onion at home, only once because it was a bit tricky and messy to make. I used an electric deep fryer and used a recipe from one of those websites that gives you restaurant knock off recipes.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17351/blooming-onion-and-dipping-sauce/

Thanks.  I saw one such recipe that supposedly is half the calories and lower fat and sodium than the Outback onion.  But yes, it did seem complicated.  The older I get, the more I gravitate to quick and simple recipes.  I don't want to work hard.    LOL

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I have two 'now retired' cops, both good guys, in my family and I trust the police implicitly.... with the caveat that there are bad folks in every line of work.  Anyone that doesn't feel safer if/when there's an armed cop in an establishment is a complete brainwashed-by-the-left moron, IMO.

@XenaLee
Well the one I usually go to is just down the street from the county jail and sheriffs office.  Also a bunch of county offices.   So it probably has more cop customers then most.  But yeah I agree. 

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Thanks.  I saw one such recipe that supposedly is half the calories and lower fat and sodium than the Outback onion.  But yes, it did seem complicated.  The older I get, the more I gravitate to quick and simple recipes.  I don't want to work hard.    LOL

@Applewood

Yep. I hear ya.

I used to be quite the adventurous cook and baker, used to watch all the cooking shows on PBS and buying cookbooks, but after my divorce and having lived on my own for over 10 years now, I keep it simple when I cook, when I even cook at all (I do a lot of Lean Cuisines during the week for lunch and dinner with a salad, spaghetti, maybe some fresh salmon or do a batch of chili or other one pot crock pot meal that will last me a week or until I get sick of it and freeze the rest). I might whip something up special for a family gathering but it’s usually at someone else’s house, but increasingly even then, I don’t go all out like I used to.

The one thing I make that everyone in the family always asks me to make is Picnic Cake, but even that isn’t all that complicated or time consuming to make. I think I might have posted the recipe on the cooking thread a while back.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause