Author Topic: Michele Bachmann rules out run for Al Franken's seat after not receiving a sign from God  (Read 798 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michele Bachmann rules out run for Al Franken's seat after not receiving a sign from God
by Caitlin Yilek | Feb 5, 2018, 4:10 PM

Former Republican Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann does not plan to run for Al Franken’s former Senate seat, citing a lack of a sign from God.

"It became very clear to me that I wasn't hearing any call from God to do this," Bachmann told radio host Jan Markell.

Bachmann recently referenced God in an interview about whether she’d run for the seat currently filled by former Minnesota Lt. Gov. Tina Smith.

“Am I being called to do this now? I don’t know,” Bachmann told Jim Bakker last month.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/michele-bachmann-rules-out-run-for-al-frankens-seat-after-not-receiving-a-sign-from-god/article/2648151
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thank you Jesus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Good for her.  At least she is looking in the right place.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At least she was honest.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sounds like The Babylon Bee or Christians for Michelle Bachman..

I better check to see if the Washington Examiner didn't get tricked.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Sounds like The Babylon Bee or Christians for Michelle Bachman..

I better check to see if the Washington Examiner didn't get tricked.
Here's the original interview:
http://www.olivetreeviews.org/radio/complete-archives/1235-when-headlines-are-a-herald-of-his-coming-part-1
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

Here's the original interview:
http://www.olivetreeviews.org/radio/complete-archives/1235-when-headlines-are-a-herald-of-his-coming-part-1

I just looked up the interviewer and browsed the site. Kind of fringy fundamentalist stuff (actually, a bit beyond fringe). It unfortunately reinforces stereotypes about Bachmann.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I just looked up the interviewer and browsed the site. Kind of fringy fundamentalist stuff (actually, a bit beyond fringe). It unfortunately reinforces stereotypes about Bachmann.

So Christians are now fringe
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

There are some about an hour west of me that certainly are. Some dudes in Westboro you may have heard of.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Wonder if Garrison Keillor is available? 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

There are some about an hour west of me that certainly are. Some dudes in Westboro you may have heard of.

Good to see you lump all Christians in with those people.   It says a lot about you.

Offline ABX

You know exactly what I mean. There are traditionalists and there are fringe fundamentalists. A good comparison is the FLDS group to the overall Mormon church. These are the types that think the eclipse is a sign of the end times and read numerology type books (although not called that) looking for hidden prophetic codes and the ilk, or think they can 'will wealth' through some magic faith power (name it and claim it).  Looking at the pages of the person Bachmann was interviewing with, it definitely fits into that latter group.

Maybe a more appropriate word would be heretical.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:54:16 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Good to see you lump all Christians in with those people.   It says a lot about you.

Which is why I said some twice in the post.  The fact you glossed over that part says more about you.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

Actually, you are the one that lumped them together. You responded to a statement calling out 'fringe' by taking that as an accusation against all (ie, you immediately lumped 'fringe' with all in your mind).  Then you just doubled down in that post that once again, made a clear statement of 'different' or 'fringe' and in your mind saw that as a 'lump all'.

Offline driftdiver

Actually, you are the one that lumped them together. You responded to a statement calling out 'fringe' by taking that as an accusation against all (ie, you immediately lumped 'fringe' with all in your mind).  Then you just doubled down in that post that once again, made a clear statement of 'different' or 'fringe' and in your mind saw that as a 'lump all'.

Not hardly.   Saying you don't feel led by God doesn't make you fringe and doesn't make you the same as those evil people.

It actually makes you an obedient mainstream christian.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wonder if Garrison Keillor is available?

He isn't. He said something about Willbegone.