Author Topic: Trump accuses Dems of 'treasonous' behavior  (Read 483 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump accuses Dems of 'treasonous' behavior
« on: February 05, 2018, 09:15:44 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 02/05/18 03:12 PM EST

President Trump on Monday accused Democrats of "treasonous" behavior during his State of the Union address, escalating partisan tensions during a crucial stretch for Congress.

Trump took aim at Democratic lawmakers who refused to applaud during his speech last week when he mentioned his achievements during his first year in office, a reaction he called “un-American.”

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" the president said during a speech in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372388-trump-accuses-dems-of-treasonous-behavior
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump accuses Dems of 'treasonous' behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 12:03:21 am »
By Jordan Fabian - 02/05/18 03:12 PM EST

President Trump on Monday accused Democrats of "treasonous" behavior during his State of the Union address, escalating partisan tensions during a crucial stretch for Congress.

Trump took aim at Democratic lawmakers who refused to applaud during his speech last week when he mentioned his achievements during his first year in office, a reaction he called “un-American.”

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" the president said during a speech in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372388-trump-accuses-dems-of-treasonous-behavior

Mr. President, you have much more serious problems then the DEMS not standing for your STOU.  Turn to to your right and take a look at your DOJ and your FBI; perhaps you should do something about their treasonous behavior. Starting with instructing your AG to take action. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:08:05 am »
Mr. President, you have much more serious problems then the DEMS not standing for your STOU.  Turn to to your right and take a look at your DOJ and your FBI; perhaps you should do something about their treasonous behavior. Starting with instructing your AG to take action.

Its an election year. I don't think its a bad idea to riff off of the petulent image the democrats cut at the SOU & beat em over the head with it all the way to November.

Besides, they DO hate their own country.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:08:32 am by skeeter »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:26:30 am »
Hyperpartisanship and treason may coincide in the worst cases.  But it's really bizarre to accuse people of treason for not applauding your speech.  He sounds like a demented authoritarian.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:01 am »
No, we can’t call it treason. The term has a specific definition and consequences in our laws and should not be cheapened by people for political purposes. It happens way too often on both sides.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:14 am »
Hyperpartisanship and treason may coincide in the worst cases.  But it's really bizarre to accuse people of treason for not applauding your speech.  He sounds like a demented authoritarian.

My first thought as well.  Declaring those who don’t applaud the leader’s speech as being “treasonous” does sound like the type of thing they do in authoritative dictatorships. 

I suspect that if Barack Hussein Obama had called Republicans, who didn’t applaud him, “treasonous” most Trump supporters would have been outraged.  Now that Trump has done that about Democrats……….
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:49 am »

And you sound like someone whose candidate lost the primary to Donald Trump.

Offline anubias

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 12:36:43 am »
Its an election year. I don't think its a bad idea to riff off of the petulent image the democrats cut at the SOU & beat em over the head with it all the way to November.

Besides, they DO hate their own country.

This ^^^^.

They need to be hit and hit hard for it.  Hang it around their necks.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 12:43:59 am »
And you sound like someone whose candidate lost the primary to Donald Trump.

You sound like a deranged sports fan.  Try and look at this objectively.  If Obama accused you of treason for sitting through his speech, I don't think you would appreciate it.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 12:44:51 am »
Some people really need to grow a pair.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DB

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 12:51:50 am »
First, when your enemies are busy destroying themselves digging ever deeper holes there's no reason to try to help dig.

Second, this use of the word treason only renders its use meaningless like so many other words the left loves to use and debase.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 12:53:50 am »
The democrats have been committing Treason for a LONG time now and FINALLY we have a president willing to say so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien