Author Topic: Congress returns with just days to avoid shutdown  (Read 510 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congress returns with just days to avoid shutdown
« on: February 05, 2018, 05:54:22 pm »
Congress returns with just days to avoid shutdown
By Melanie Zanona - 02/05/18 06:00 AM EST

Republican lawmakers fresh off their annual GOP legislative retreat will be confronting an all-too-familiar problem when they return to Washington on Monday: avoiding a government shutdown.

GOP leaders are eyeing a six-week funding bill that would keep the government’s lights on until March 23. The measure could include sweeteners like funding for community health centers.

But even though leaders dismissed concerns that the government could close down again when current funding runs dry on Thursday, it’s still unclear whether frustrated defense hawks will go along with the plan to pass a funding bill without a boost for the military.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/372114-congress-returns-with-just-days-to-avoid-shutdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Congress returns with just days to avoid shutdown
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 06:09:15 pm »
This is such crap ... how about we just pass a stinking budget for a change?  Include funding for a border wall, and the military and necessary funds to keep the government running and dump all the pork projects.  If the DEMS refuse -- then let them be the ones that once again shutdown the government...all this bargaining and bantering back and forth is ridiculous and nothing more than a horse and pony show.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:00:15 pm »
Same crap. Different day. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 07:07:30 pm »
This is such crap ... how about we just pass a stinking budget for a change?  Include funding for a border wall, and the military and necessary funds to keep the government running and dump all the pork projects.  If the DEMS refuse -- then let them be the ones that once again shutdown the government...all this bargaining and bantering back and forth is ridiculous and nothing more than a horse and pony show.

Even better end the filibuster in the Senate. The House keeps passing appropriation bills that sit in the Senate. It's obvious that the Senate is not functioning as it's supposed to and it's time to change things.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 07:16:16 pm »
Congress Returns with just days to avoid Republican Landslide in 2018.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 09:06:44 pm »
So there is either going to be a shutdown this Thurs while I'm at Homestead AFB or a shutdown while I'm on my cruise in March.

I'm betting it will happen both times since neither party nor the President seem the least bit interested in passing a 12 month budget.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!