Author Topic: First Excerpts of Nunes Memo Released  (Read 16166 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: First Excepts of Nunes Memo Released
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2018, 02:12:47 pm »
So, according to the learned among us, this is not treasonous per legal prescript. But, it is not a “nothing-burger” either. So, what is it?

@Lando Lincoln

A series of "OOPS! MY BAD!" moments follow by insincere apologies and promises to not be caught doing it again.

*I* have no hope of actual justice being applied to the pampered princes of politics,so I am only left with the hope that enough "I vote Dim because mah daddy and Granddaddy voted Dim" white voters will wake up,switch parties and bring their newly found outrage with them to clean up the trash in the alleged Republican Party as a part of the process.

Even that may be asking for too much,though. This is multi-generational "heritage corruption" by people "too big to arrest".
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:17:19 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2018, 02:21:28 pm »
I am only left with the hope that enough "I vote Dim because mah daddy and Granddaddy voted Dim" white voters will wake up,switch parties and bring their newly found outrage with them to clean up the trash in the alleged Republican Party as a part of the process.
Indeed. That may be the best we can hope.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jpsb

« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2018, 02:22:47 pm »
Exactly. My guess would be that lying, is illegal based on job descriptions, oaths of office, department policies, and other criteria.

"Our form of government is only suitable for a moral people, and wholely unsuitable for
any others kind."
Forgotten who said that, anyway, since we have turned our back on
G*d and following His commands, we are no longer a moral people and can expected to be
either ruled by tyrants or conquered and exterminated.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2018, 02:23:58 pm »
@sneakypete

I suspect you may be right as to what will happen - provided a dike doesn’t break along the way. It may.

However, my question was more towards the finer point of what charges could be brought from a legal perspective.

On a personal note - hope you’ve been well.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jpsb

« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2018, 02:34:33 pm »
I wonder how much of the Stock Market plunge is related to the memo and people realizing we live in a corrupt oligarchy. Fox Business is saying it is fear of rising interest rates- I don't buy that.

I feel sorry for anyone that is just now realizes that we live in a corrupt oligarchy

Offline jpsb

« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2018, 02:38:12 pm »
The market doesn't like uncertainty. Until we know the 'so what now' answer, it will react on the downside.

The what now is, the pressure on Sessions to appoint a special counselor will be intense.
Do we really want the DOJ/FBI investigating themselves?  Once the OIG report comes out
Session will have no choice. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #281 on: February 03, 2018, 02:43:25 pm »
That shouldn't be hard. This guys fingerprints are all over this warrant. He will either have to fess up or finger someone else. Either way it is a win.

One could argue that the first FISA warrant request was in good faith since Steele at that time
was considered a reliable source. However by the time Sally Yates and Rosenstein came along
the Steele doc was discredited along with Steele himself.

Oceander

« Reply #282 on: February 03, 2018, 02:48:38 pm »
So, according to the learned among us, this is not treasonous per legal prescript. But, it is not a “nothing-burger” either. So, what is it?

Strong evidence of political corruption at the highest ranks of the DOJ and FBI. 

And also strong evidence for why FISA is such a big danger to our Constitutional liberties.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #283 on: February 03, 2018, 02:51:23 pm »
Thank you for the thoughtful response.

Good to see you, @Lando Lincoln. I’ll use this post to posit a point.

No doubt democrats are desperately trying to spin this memo into a political issue. But the memo’s importance goes deeper than that. It goes to the heart of how government information is shared with the public and how security information is classified generally. Many have argued over the years that the FBI has used the classification system to bury embarrassing mistakes.

So here we have a glaring example of that. Both democrats and the FBI have argued in public that the release of the memo will seriously endanger national security. However, when you read the memo you see it was written to avoid any mention of sources and methods and that the statement released by FBI warning of dire consequences if the memo were seen by the public is unfounded. And that’s where the danger lies. Are we an open society or are we one in which security agencies control what the public may know?

These are indeed scary times. We need a public discussion about preventing these kinds of abuses of security classification.

Oceander

« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2018, 02:52:25 pm »
Good to see you, @Lando Lincoln. I’ll use this post to posit a point.

No doubt democrats are desperately trying to spin this memo into a political issue. But the memo’s importance goes deeper than that. It goes to the heart of how government information is shared with the public and how security information is classified generally. Many have argued over the years that the FBI has used the classification system to bury embarrassing mistakes.

So here we have a glaring example of that. Both democrats and the FBI have argued in public that the release of the memo will seriously endanger national security. However, when you read the memo you see it was written to avoid any mention of sources and methods and that the statement released by FBI warning of dire consequences if the memo were seen by the public is unfounded. And that’s where the danger lies. Are we an open society or are we one in which security agencies control what the public may know?

These are indeed scary times. We need a public discussion about preventing these kinds of abuses of security classification.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #285 on: February 03, 2018, 02:52:34 pm »
@sneakypete

I suspect you may be right as to what will happen - provided a dike doesn’t break along the way. It may.

@Lando Lincoln

The "maybe good news" is that Trump is the president,and he just doesn't give a damn whose toes he steps on. No "professional courtesy" is going to be extended from the WH unless the DNC can prove they have enough evidence found or created to get one of the Trump family arrested and put on trial and facing felony charges.

Which you can be sure the DNC is working night and day to do.

However, my question was more towards the finer point of what charges could be brought from a legal perspective.

In a just and fair world,I am positive there are enough corruption,blackmail,and bribery charges that could be brought forward to take out a bunch of the major players. Not to mention things like influence peddling.

On a personal note - hope you’ve been well.

Thanks for asking. Doing as well as can be expected for someone this old and beat-up. Maybe even a little better. No doubt it could be a hell of a lot worse,so I'm not complaining.

Hope things are going well for you,too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:55:53 pm by sneakypete »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2018, 02:57:09 pm »
Are we going to settle for permanent banana republic status or not?  To me, that is the ONLY question on the table at this juncture.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2018, 03:00:26 pm »
Strong evidence of political corruption at the highest ranks of the DOJ and FBI. 

And also strong evidence for why FISA is such a big danger to our Constitutional liberties.

FISA was originally created in the 70s because of the wiretapping abuses by people like Hoover.  Individuals are the problem, not the program.  It’s like McCain blaming ‘the system’ during the Keating Five scandal.  That’s all on him and the other four.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2018, 03:03:09 pm »
Are we going to settle for permanent banana republic status or not?  To me, that is the ONLY question on the table at this juncture.

We are already there in some ways without the multitudes knowing it. This memo reveals only one small wart. I’m hoping the dam ruptures. The light of day can cleanse a lot. It is my hope.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2018, 03:03:11 pm »

FISA was originally created in the 70s because of the wiretapping abuses by people like Hoover.  Individuals are the problem, not the program.  It’s like McCain blaming ‘the system’ during the Keating Five scandal.  That’s all on him and the other four.

Yes, but if the system doesn’t have enough cross-checks designed to thwart individuals intent on abuse, the system is also the problem.  The FISA system doesn’t have the sorts of safeguards that the typical warrant system has, which makes it particularly susceptible to abuse. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #290 on: February 03, 2018, 03:03:47 pm »

It’s like McCain blaming ‘the system’ during the Keating Five scandal.  That’s all on him and the other four.

@edpc

McLunatic is an excellent example of how corrupt the political system really is. Our nation is being ran like a private club.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #291 on: February 03, 2018, 03:12:47 pm »
We are already there in some ways without the multitudes knowing it. This memo reveals only one small wart. I’m hoping the dam ruptures. The light of day can cleanse a lot. It is my hope.

@Lando Lincoln

I've been hoping for that for some time my friend and will continue to do so although the outlook gets bleaker by the day.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #292 on: February 03, 2018, 03:32:55 pm »
Yes, but if the system doesn’t have enough cross-checks designed to thwart individuals intent on abuse, the system is also the problem.  The FISA system doesn’t have the sorts of safeguards that the typical warrant system has, which makes it particularly susceptible to abuse.

Fair enough, but I don’t want a system that puts us behind another Gorelick Wall when it comes to intelligence gathering and sharing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #293 on: February 03, 2018, 04:14:37 pm »

Fair enough, but I don’t want a system that puts us behind another Gorelick Wall when it comes to intelligence gathering and sharing.

The Gorelick Wall was just another example of allowing politics to rule the agencies.  In Gorelicks case, it was to shield Bill Clinton's international graft, in this case it was to rig Hillary's election.  Even if we took the Clintons out of the equation, the system would still be crooked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2018, 04:41:04 pm »

Absolutely.   People (Multitudes) don't seem to realize how profound the event is.

It's Watergate cubed! 

The militarization of government agencies to go after political and personal enemies.

And all roads lead to Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2018, 04:42:15 pm »
Interference by administrative employees of Federal, State, or Territorial Governments - 18 USC 595

Whoever, being a person employed in any administrative position by the United States, or by any department or agency thereof, or by the District of Columbia or any agency or instrumentality thereof, or by any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States, or any political subdivision, municipality, or agency thereof, or agency of such political subdivision or municipality (including any corporation owned or controlled by any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States or by any such political subdivision, municipality, or agency), in connection with any activity which is financed in whole or in part by loans or grants made by the United States, or any department or agency thereof, uses his official authority for the purpose of interfering with, or affecting, the nomination or the election of any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Clear to me!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:51:35 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2018, 04:49:10 pm »
Absolutely.   People (Multitudes) don't seem to realize how profound the event is.

It's Watergate cubed! 

The militarization of government agencies to go after political and personal enemies.

And all roads lead to Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

Agreed. So much more needs to be revealed.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2018, 04:52:35 pm »
Interference by administrative employees of Federal, State, or Territorial Governments - 18 USC 595

Whoever, being a person employed in any administrative position by the United States, or by any department or agency thereof, or by the District of Columbia or any agency or instrumentality thereof, or by any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States, or any political subdivision, municipality, or agency thereof, or agency of such political subdivision or municipality (including any corporation owned or controlled by any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States or by any such political subdivision, municipality, or agency), in connection with any activity which is financed in whole or in part by loans or grants made by the United States, or any department or agency thereof, uses his official authority for the purpose of interfering with, or affecting, the nomination or the election of any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Good find sparky.  At the end of the day I don’t think the memo demonstrates facts that would justify the ultimate conclusion, but it might be enough to convince a judge to let it go to the jury. 

Now, if it’s so crystal clear, why isn’t Trump prosecuting them?  If you were able to find that, certainly Trumps advisers are all over it, and he only hires the best, dontchaknow. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2018, 05:00:11 pm »
Good find sparky.  At the end of the day I don’t think the memo demonstrates facts that would justify the ultimate conclusion, but it might be enough to convince a judge to let it go to the jury. 

Now, if it’s so crystal clear, why isn’t Trump prosecuting them?  If you were able to find that, certainly Trumps advisers are all over it, and he only hires the best, dontchaknow.

The FACTS should all come out in courts of law counselor!  There is more than sufficent evidence for a grand jury to charge IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2018, 05:05:16 pm »
The FACTS should all come out in courts of law counselor!  There is more than sufficent evidence for a grand jury to charge IMHO.

@Bigun

I've heard numerous very qualified legal experts agree with what you just stated.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.