Author Topic: Trump asked Rosenstein about Russia probe, if he was on Trump's 'team': report  (Read 310 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump asked Rosenstein about Russia probe, if he was on Trump's 'team': report
By Jordan Fabian - 01/31/18 04:10 PM EST

President Trump in December asked Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein if he was “on my team,” CNN reported Wednesday.

The president also pressed Rosenstein about the direction of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and possible links to the Trump campaign.

Rosenstein oversees the Russia probe and appointed Mueller to lead it last year.

CNN reported that the No. 2 Justice Department official visited the White House to ask Trump for help in fighting off document requests from House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.)

Rosenstein was reportedly surprised by Trump’s question and replied, “of course, we're all on your team, Mr. President.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371690-cnn-trump-asked-rosenstein-about-russia-probe-if-he-was-on-trumps
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I don't see any problems with this.

Mr. Trump is Mr. Rosenstein's boss.
He has the prerogative to ask about such things.

Offline anubias

It’s Fabian, “The Hill”, and about Rosenstein’s last ditch effort to save his job.  It would be comical if it wasn’t so damned sad.

Obstruction of Justice my ass.  The balls on these people!  The obstructors calling the kettle black.