Author Topic: FBI Director Christopher Wray opposes release of House Intel's surveillance memo: Report  (Read 351 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI Director Christopher Wray opposes release of House Intel's surveillance memo: Report
by Kelly Cohen | Jan 31, 2018, 10:31 AM

FBI Director Christopher Wray told the White House he opposes releasing a classified memo put together by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee because it contains inaccurate information.

Wray was allowed to read the four-page memo, which alleges bias at the FBI and Department of Justice, on Sunday. The memo also allegedly details abuses in a classified surveillance program known commonly as FISA.

On Monday, along party lines, House Intel voted to release the memo spearhead by Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and other staffers.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fbi-director-christopher-wray-opposes-release-of-house-intels-surveillance-memo-report/article/2647662
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here it comes....

"Inaccurate information" appears to be the reason the FBI and DoJ is going to put out in order to get this sealed.  And make no mistake, they'll be going all-out to pressure Trump to make sure that happens.  This McCabe firing was just a sacrificial lamb to stop the flood release of the memo wold cause.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Unfortunately, @Cyber Liberty, I'm afraid you're correct.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Unfortunately, @Cyber Liberty, I'm afraid you're correct.

The President could very well resist the pressure, so I'm still hoping.  But I'm furious Nunes let Wray and  Rosenswine see the memo.  Kim Strassel accurately observed if either of these two get to see the memo they will find reasons to stop its release.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FBI officials review surveillance memo, could not cite 'any factual inaccuracies': source
Fox News, Jan 30, 2018, 2:25 PM ET, Catherine Herridge

Two senior FBI officials have now reviewed a controversial Republican staff memo alleging abuses of government surveillance programs during the 2016 presidential campaign, a source familiar with the matter told Fox News – adding that the officials “could not point to any factual inaccuracies.”

The two officials – one from the bureau’s counterintelligence division and the other from the legal division – followed up after an initial review of the memo during a rare Sunday trip to Capitol Hill by FBI Director Christopher Wray.

The House Intelligence Committee voted late Monday along party lines to release the memo, prompting a backlash from Democratic lawmakers. Top Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff called it a “very sad day.” President Trump has five working days to review the contents but is widely expected not to block its release.

After the contentious committee vote Monday night, the source confirmed that House staffers physically took the memo over to the White House for the president.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/30/fbi-officials-review-surveillance-memo-could-not-cite-any-factual-inaccuracies-source.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

John Kelly says FBI memo will be released ‘pretty quick’
NY Post, Jan 31, 2018, Mark Moore

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly said a controversial and classified memo that alleges surveillance abuses by the FBI will be released “pretty quick” despite warnings from two top Justice Department officials it contains false information and could harm national security.

“It will be released here pretty quick, I think, and then the whole world can see it,” Kelly told Fox News Radio on Wednesday, adding that he has seen the Republican-written document and that White House and national security lawyers are currently reviewing it.

“This president … he wants everything out so the american people can make up their own minds and if people need to be held accountable, so be it,” he continued.

FBI Director Christopher Wray and deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Monday made a last-minute plea to Kelly to relate to the president that the four-page memo could damage national security and set a dangerous precedent for the handling of classified materials, according to the Washington Post.

More:  https://nypost.com/2018/01/31/john-kelly-says-fbi-memo-will-be-released-pretty-quick/

Rod Rosenstein and Christopher Wray don't want the memo released .... I can't imagine why.   :whistle:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Rod Rosenstein and Christopher Wray don't want the memo released .... I can't imagine why.   :whistle:

No, they certainly don't, and they'll be exercising every bit of influence they have to stop this release.  They know their own heads are going to roll if The Pres hangs tough on this.  I would say release of the memo is going to be the greatest test yet of whether Trump really intends to drain this swamp.  They did it before to Senator Grassley.

Mr. Boyd gets in his cheap shots, for instance slamming Mr. Nunes for moving to release a memo based on documents that Mr. Nunes hasn’t even “seen.” He apparently thinks Rep. Trey Gowdy —the experienced former federal prosecutor Mr. Nunes asked to conduct the review of those docs—isn’t qualified to judge questions of national security. He hyperventilates that it would be “reckless” for the committee to make its memo public without first letting the Justice Department review it and “advise [the committee] of the risk of harm to national security.” Put another way, it is Mr. Boyd’s position that the Justice Department gets to provide oversight of Congress. The Constitution has it the other way around.

The bigger, swampier game here is to rally media pressure, and to mau-mau Mr. Nunes into giving the department a veto over the memo’s release. Ask Sen. Chuck Grassley how that goes. Mr. Grassley, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, recently sent a referral to the department for a criminal probe into dossier author Christopher Steele. He then in good faith asked the department its views on an unclassified portion of that referral that he wants to make public. The department invented a classified reason to block public release, and has refused to budge for weeks.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/01/26/wsj-columnist-fbidoj-are-trying-to-drop-a-depth-charge-on-trump-house-gop-in-fisa-memo-fight-n2440373

At Trey Gowdy's urging, Nunes has done just that by letting the FBI and DoJ look at the memo, now they are going to pull every underhanded trick to stop this thing.
I will NOT comply.