Author Topic: Joe Manchin: Democrats were 'wrong' to sit for Trump's speech  (Read 2865 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Manchin: Democrats were 'wrong' to sit for Trump's speech
« on: January 31, 2018, 02:12:40 pm »
Joe Manchin: Democrats were 'wrong' to sit for Trump's speech
by Pete Kasperowicz | Jan 31, 2018, 8:12 AM

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said Wednesday morning that Democrats were wrong to sit sullenly for most of President Trump's State of the Union address, and said that mild protest showed a lack of respect to the presidency.

"I was very, very upset when I saw the Republicans never, ever stood up with Barack Obama, and there was things I didn't agree about President Obama in his speech," he said on MSNBC.

"But I was taught in West Virginia there's a little bit of respect, and you should show that. And I did that then, and I did it last night," he added.

"I think the Democrats were wrong in not showing respect," Manchin said. "That's just me."

Manchin has been known to support Trump's efforts to support coal, and is seen as a Democrat who can be swayed on some issues. But he also it's the "wrong idea" for Trump to approve the release of a Republican memo that purportedly outlines surveillance abuses by the FBI.

Trump told a lawmaker on the way out of the House chamber, after his State of the Union speech, that he would release it "100 percent."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/joe-manchin-democrats-were-wrong-to-sit-for-trumps-speech/article/2647654
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Joe Manchin: Democrats were 'wrong' to sit for Trump's speech
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 02:14:36 pm »
So Joe, what'cha going to about it?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 02:15:00 pm »
Joe Manchin must think the people of WV are pretty stupid.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:21:13 pm »

This guys game of straddling the fence is about to come to an end.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 02:23:49 pm »
Did anyone really expect the DEMS to act any differently?  Their performance last night was pathetic; from the scowls on their faces, refusing to applaud or even acknowledging accomplishments to Joey Kennedy's speech.  Absolutely pathetic!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 02:25:01 pm »
This guys game of straddling the fence is about to come to an end.

It doesn't matter if one or two of em stood up during the SOU. I think the democrat party as a whole just stepped in a steaming pile and may have ended any hope for 2018 last night. Just IMO.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 02:28:46 pm »
I find it bewildering when republicans attack rats for saying things republican's agree with.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 02:32:19 pm »
If he had any brains at all, he'll announce a switch to the GOP.   THIS WEEK!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 02:33:01 pm »
I find it bewildering when republicans attack rats for saying things republican's agree with.

I find it bewildering that people buy this guys election year lip service. In the last 6 years since he last pretended to be offended by his party he has not done squat to change it. He's a fraud.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 02:34:18 pm »

Such as?   You seem to be bewildered a lot these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 02:35:14 pm »
I find it bewildering that people buy this guys election year lip service. In the last 6 years since he last pretended to be offended by his party he has not done squat to change it. He's a fraud.

And THAT ladies and gentlemen is the unvarnished truth of the matter!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 02:35:46 pm »

Manchin is softer than bituminous coal and squishier than soggy fly ash.  He's in a tough election year and will say anything to keep his job.  Don't be shocked if he switches parties.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 02:37:36 pm »

Manchin is softer than bituminous coal and squishier than soggy fly ash.  He's in a tough election year and will say anything to keep his job.  Don't be shocked if he switches parties.

Personally I hope the good people of West by God Virginia hand him his walking papers.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 02:42:55 pm »

Truly surprised we haven't seen defections already...from the DEM to the GOP.

Common sense should tell them that after last night, not being allowed to stand and applaud ....under the direction of DEM leadership, that they are, IN FACT, 'Slaves' to Schumer/Pelosi, and have no right to express their personal POV.

...for I cannot believe that all the seated Democrats are, in fact, Commies.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 02:44:03 pm »
Such as?   

Such as the story at the top of this thread, Bigun.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 02:45:47 pm »
My MIL is 78 years old and a die hard Democrat.  She told me this morning that (1) she watched the entire speach, (2) she thought it was a good speech, (3) she agreed with almost everything in Trump's speech, (4) she thought the Democrats behaved badly, and  (6) Nancy Pelosi should retire.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 02:48:18 pm »

I find that the people who stayed seated were more honest them him.   At least they are openly saying they are putting their party and personal power ahead of the nation.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 02:48:55 pm »
I don't buy this guys election year lip service. I just agree the rats looked petulant at the SOTU, and you look petulant criticizing Manchin.  If my child cleans his room, I wouldn't take that moment to castigate him for leaving the back door open 2 months ago, but you do what you gotta do Frank.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 02:50:14 pm »
My MIL is 78 years old and a die hard Democrat.  She told me this morning that (1) she watched the entire speach, (2) she thought it was a good speech, (3) she agreed with almost everything in Trump's speech, (4) she thought the Democrats behaved badly, and  (6) Nancy Pelosi should retire.

@ConstitutionRose
Retire?   Didn't you hear she passed away a few years ago and what were seeing is simply an remote controlled zombie kept alive by all the botox injections she had over the years.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 02:54:14 pm »

@skeeter

Well...........
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 02:57:12 pm »
Truly surprised we haven't seen defections already...from the DEM to the GOP.

Common sense should tell them that after last night, not being allowed to stand and applaud ....under the direction of DEM leadership, that they are, IN FACT, 'Slaves' to Schumer/Pelosi, and have no right to express their personal POV.

...for I cannot believe that all the seated Democrats are, in fact, Commies.

@DCPatriot

If the Dim leadership wanted them to have an opinion,they would give it to them.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 02:57:38 pm »
If my child cleans his room, I wouldn't take that moment to castigate him for leaving the back door open 2 months ago....

To expand on your analogy, problem is, Manchin has repeatedly left the door open in the past and all the crap that blew in is the reason why his room is dirty.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:07:27 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 02:58:30 pm »
I don't buy this guys election year lip service. I just agree the rats looked petulant at the SOTU, and you look petulant criticizing Manchin.  If my child cleans his room, I wouldn't take that moment to castigate him for leaving the back door open 2 months ago, but you do what you gotta do Frank.

Thats the entire point.

If Manchin actually 'cleaned his room' instead of only extolling the virtues of cleanliness there'd be nothing to criticize.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 02:58:57 pm »
I find that the people who stayed seated were more honest them him.   At least they are openly saying they are putting their party and personal power ahead of the nation.

@driftdiver

:amen:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 03:06:13 pm »

Did (5) get redacted by the FBI?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA